Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#2276 - 11/26/07 11:42 AM Help with Satanism in South Africa
Reaper Offline
stranger

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi, I'm new to the forum and pretty new to formal Satanism.
I feel I've always followed this life but I now find the need to absorb as much as possible. I have the Satanic Bible and I'd say I'm about half way through. I also have a few other writings by Magus LaVey. I have a special interest in the magic aspect.

I am happy to have found this site, it seems like a good step to getting further.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to go about learning more???

#2279 - 11/26/07 12:05 PM Re: Help with Satanism in South Africa [Re: Reaper]
Bid Offline
stranger

Loc: Cardiff, UK
Nothing will teach you more about Satanism-in-practice than your own bouts of rigorous thinking, and critical observance of the world and people around you every day. It's truly a thinking person's philosophy/religion, and most forms of instruction regarding Satanism will be evidently counter-intuitive to the religion's nature. Generally, each Satanist sees the world through his/her own unique perspective, and constructs his/her own doctrines to live by, based on the lucid egoism fundamental to Satanism.

As far as learning facts about Satanism (such as its place in modern history), the internet is probably the best starting point, but this is an area in which I'm not too versed. One need not know too much about Black Magic and Satanic facts in order to be a fully-fledged Satanist. I personally know very little about Black Magic, and I get by just fine.

#2320 - 11/27/07 11:02 AM Re: Help with Satanism in South Africa [Re: Reaper]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

I have heard many different prefixes put before the word Satanism but formal Satanism? What exactly is formal Satanism? Would you mean Traditional Satanism?

Originally Posted By: Reaper
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to go about learning more???

Be aware of your surroundings at all times, keep alert, and think, think, think… Make your assumptions and stay true to yourself… If someone or something makes you think and/or change your ways a bit then you have learned something and grown a bit…

Never forget even the village idiot has a lesson to teach and a story to tell, will you be smart enough to learn it?

Other than that… I enjoyed reading Bid’s response… What he has touched on is truth…

Peace

~T~

#2355 - 11/28/07 04:39 AM Re: Help with Satanism in South Africa [Re: ta2zz]
Reaper Offline
stranger

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
What I mean by formal is that I have never actually said "I'm a Satanist" and studied it in a more "formal" way.
#2570 - 12/05/07 06:09 AM Re: Help with Satanism in South Africa [Re: Reaper]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
There is no true formal Satanism really. I suppose there is the Church of Satan but even that is nothing like a religion in the normal meaning.

In order to be what you seem to see as a Satanist all you need to do is read the Satanic Bible and a few of the other texts written on Satanism (LeVay wrote a few other books). Just decide whether you live your like the way he suggests already or if you want to start, if so, POOF! You're a Satanist. Simple as that.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.