Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#22853 - 04/03/09 06:28 AM Re: About "contributing to Satanism". [Re: Dimitri]
Fabiano Offline

Hi,

It's a while I didn't post here. Why ?

Because I think I got most of what I needed here and I now want to live what I understood.

I'm alike in an integration phase where I integrate the (new) ideas I understood here.

I'm less and less "claiming" my Satanism and more and more living it, openly and publicly

As a result of this integration, I'm just expressing my ideas without explicitly saying it’s Satanism.

I had a chat with a 70 year old person, the conversation shifted to religion but I didn't mention once the word "Satanism".
At the end of the conversation, she concluded "We have a big problem with our religion". I smiled interiorly, I don't have a problem with my religion \:\)

Then, I came across a women, very opened minded but also very “hippy / new age”. As she was opened minded enough, I didn’t hide I was a Satanist.
I know I’m a kind of enigma for her, as my behavior is not aligned with the cliché she could have about Satanism.
She sent me a “letter from Mikaël”. I asked her why I should believe more in this than in Jediism.
I’m waiting her to find a proper answer…

So to me, my contribution to Satanism is just about spreading its memes, insidiously...

Hail Satan !

#22861 - 04/03/09 05:05 PM Re: About "contributing to Satanism". [Re: Nemesis]
godganesa Offline
stranger

Loc: Marin County, California
I think associating Satan with Jesus Christ as his God could do wonders for Satanism. Then all Christians would be Satanists.

#22864 - 04/03/09 06:54 PM Re: About "contributing to Satanism". [Re: godganesa]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Then what the hell would WE be? Christians? For fuck's sake man....

Some musings should be kept to oneself.

How'd the Mark Twain quip go?
"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"

#22897 - 04/04/09 10:44 AM Re: About "contributing to Satanism". [Re: Dan_Dread]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

The problem with Satanism being a description is that the description isn't a mathematical formula but a definition of parameters, at times vague. And some parameters that are serious stuff to some, are laughable to others. Many do think Lavey described the ultimate parameters for a Satanist –check the CoS- and think that if one is 100% aligned with the SB, one by definition is a Satanist. I'd say no, one is a Laveyan, one believes to be a Laveyan or one pretends to be a Laveyan.

I do think that some parameters are open for interpretation; some can be interchanged with others and a couple are open for revision. The idea that this is all there is, is, in my opinion, some emotional filler for people hating religion but deep down missing it intensely. That's what I meant with the Nazarene culture. If Satanists are born, no made, which I subscribe to by the way, what the hell would those poor sods have done that are born before Lavey. Of course we can assume they were totally aligned with the description Lavey gave -aren't we lucky to have our own prophet too- but that would require an awful lot of faith. I think things are a little more complex and that a Satanist is a person that fits certain parameters but not necessarily all that another fits. Of course there are a lot of overlapping characteristics but Satanism isn't Dronism. This however does not imply Satanism can be Everythingism as a lot out there seem to think. There are a lot of ridiculous satanic groups or pretenders out there –and I include our proto-Satanists amongst them- that lack all too many parameters but still think they are the right stuff.

I do think that "merit" should be one of the key-principles in Satanism and needs a much bigger focus upon than the SB does. If merit is the priority, all else will fall into place. When focusing on it, one directly sees whom is, pretends to be or believes to be.

D.

#22898 - 04/04/09 11:32 AM Re: About "contributing to Satanism". [Re: Diavolo]
Fabiano Offline

I find the "merit" in the Satanic Statements 4, 5, & 6 and also in the fact that Satanism is about justice.

Rebellion, independance/individualism, materialism/epicurismn and rationalism are also key traits (IMHO)

#22996 - 04/05/09 11:54 PM Re: About "contributing to Satanism". [Re: Fabiano]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I don't agree with the original post for a number of reasons, but I do understand the rationale behind it.

LaVey is not the be-all and end-all of Satanism. He did a pretty good job of hitting the nail on the head, but if Satanism begins and ends with the Satanic Bible, what you have is something very limited in scope.

There is no need to "reinvent the wheel" as some groups attempt to do (ie, completely redefine Satanism into some weird pseudo-mystical paradigm), but the intellectual and artistic aspects of Satanism can be expounded on so much more- to a degree that the Satanic Bible doesn't even touch.

I tend to think of Satanism as a sort of philosophical "school" or artistic "current". LaVey was merely one of the many people drawing from this source.

#23013 - 04/06/09 11:20 AM Re: About "contributing to Satanism". [Re: Diavolo]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
We are an evolving man and when man evolves, everything evolves.
You claim others are doing nothing but adding personal views, kindly forgetting that is identical to what Lavey was doing. He hardly invented the hot water and he certainly didn't write the Book of All. Upholding this idea brings you closer to the Nazarene culture than you –at this moment- can imagine.

Indeed when man evolves, his surroundings evolve altogether.. fact is, the genetic building blocks of man still remains the same, only it outward appearance is changing to fit his needs/survival. The rest stays the same...

You see, what I'm trying to get across here is that (as Dan pointed out) people who became "famous" (lack of better wording) for defining Satanism just did that.. defining. The evolution you speak of (sometimes good, sometimes bad) are nothing more then new or old books who can be associated with the term and the definition given by these people.

Also I said that the evolution can be good or bad. Bad in a way that people are learning about it and are trying to change the given definition so they fit in. I only have to think about the thousand of alternative Satanism groups worshipping satan as a being. They modified the definition so they can use the term and let it fit in into their lifestyle.
And this, most of the time, (the fact that changing the definition to fit in) makes some people think they are making a "contribution" while they are simply deluding their minds and changing the "make-up" to fit in.

IMO is Satanism a philosophy which is being lived.. not studied or observed from books, churches and so on.. Boards like these are good in a way that like-minded people share opinions, information and experiences. Nothing more. Real Satanism is being found on the "battlefield", reality where boys and girls seduce each other, people enjoy their food, smoke a cigar, have a foot massage.. and so on.

Contribution to Satanism is only possible by having a darn good time and not writing tons of bibles wherein is written what someone's view is on Satanism and passing it as a doctrine to other people.

Hope that clears a few things up,.. now returning to the Ardens to continue my "vacation" ;\)

#23015 - 04/06/09 12:46 PM Re: About "contributing to Satanism". [Re: Dimitri]
Fabiano Offline

Quote:
IMO is Satanism a philosophy which is being lived.. not studied or observed from books, churches and so on.. Boards like these are good in a way that like-minded people share opinions, information and experiences. Nothing more. Real Satanism is being found on the "battlefield", reality where boys and girls seduce each other, people enjoy their food, smoke a cigar, have a foot massage.. and so on.

Contribution to Satanism is only possible by having a darn good time and not writing tons of bibles wherein is written what someone's view is on satanism and passing it as a doctrine to other people.

I fully agree!

That's why I posted less since a while. And if I post here, it's mainly because it's part of my own enjoyement, and also for going through the "fire of scrutiny".

Oh yeah, and it's also my enjoyement to spread Satanism memes insidiously. My contribution to Satanism...

#23017 - 04/06/09 02:36 PM Re: About "contributing to Satanism". [Re: Fabiano]
cheryablinsk70 Offline
stranger

Alright, I guess I didn't understand what Dmitry meant originally (I suppose it's what I get for reading threads and posting when I should be sleeping). I agree wholeheartedly. Thanks for clarifying.
#23018 - 04/06/09 02:45 PM Re: About "contributing to Satanism". [Re: Dimitri]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I tend to disagree. Your examples of having a good time and finding Satanism in it, is what is partly causing the degeneration of Satanism as a whole. Of course we do have a good time – at times- but besides that, Satanism is hard work too and not a too easy task. If having a good time was the only priority for Satanism, what actually differs us from others? Are we going to compare the happiness factor to identify who is a Satanist?

Hell no, if having a good time = Satanism, why not smoke pot, hold hands, sing Kumbaya and dance naked around the trees at sunrise. You see, these people are having a good time too and personal happiness means jack shit at times. Happiness is not the sole property of being a Satanist and claiming they can't be as happy because of factor x or y is deluding oneself. If one thinks he is happy or feels happy, one is happy. I know happy people from the "happy-clap" church and I sure as hell know they aren't Satanists. And yes, they fuck too, and smoke cigars, even have massages. And they smile an awful lot more than me.

Look out there at all those virtual satanic whatevers and you'll see that about all, besides some attempt in finding pussy or dick, adapt Satanism to what makes them happy. Happy being a synonym here for easy or whatever takes little effort. And yes, they are all living their Satanism too, which sure as hell isn't too hard because they downgrade it to their plebeian needs. Then look around and try to identify those that take Satanism to a higher level, or the level it should be. Those that demand –or manipulate- people in trying to get more out of themselves than they currently display or realize. Those that try to change things. Then you see who contributes and who degenerates.

If living Satanism is all it takes to be a Satanist, who is the sole source of knowledge on how to live it? We ourselves? Personally I would find that a pretty inane idea. If people where the sole source of knowledge they needed, humanity never invented schooling. Some of what is out there can be regarded as schooling into living Satanism, a theoretical database, in great diversity, out of which you take what you need, or lack.

That all is a contribution.

Having a chick suck my dick and liking it, doesn't require much merit at all. And if that makes me a Satanist, we are legion indeed.

D.

#23020 - 04/06/09 04:49 PM Re: About "contributing to Satanism". [Re: Diavolo]
Bacchae Offline
Satan's White Trash Neighbor

Loc: los angeles
 Originally Posted By: Diavolo

Having a chick suck my dick and liking it, doesn't require much merit at all. And if that makes me a Satanist, we are legion indeed.

D.

too bad this wont fit on a bumper sticker.

digest Diavolos entire post folks. there is an understanding of the essence of Satanism, earned the hard way, and he's giving it away for free.

you cannot simply adapt Satanism to fit ones own goals. other systems allow that, but Satanism requires much more.

#23021 - 04/06/09 05:29 PM Re: About "contributing to Satanism". [Re: Bacchae]
Fabiano Offline

Obviously degeneration is not Satanism. And I've seen enough people fucking their lives in having good time, being on drugs... for knowing for sure that it's nothing compared to Satanism.

I was like them, 20 years ago. In between I hard worked, made my career, questionned myself endlessly in order to better myself.

Recently, I divorced. A good thing !

So I want to remind that there is no merit without reward. This is also Satanism.

And if now I'm single, earning quite well my life, taking all my responsabilities at work and in my life, I do not see why I couldn't enjoy night clubs on friday and saturday nights. It's my right. Give the devil his due !

And if you have problem or feel guilty in being sucked by girls in nightclubs, there is room for improvement. ;\)

#23024 - 04/06/09 06:57 PM Re: About "contributing to Satanism". [Re: Nemesis]
DREX Offline
stranger

Loc: USA
I agree completly with dimitri and that one cannot add to the foundation, however those foundations are there to build upon and that is what a satinist is doing, constantly building on those basic ideas in TSB and similar books. All of us simply by being on this site and comparing ideas and beliefs of Satanism are in some way contributing

#23038 - 04/06/09 10:34 PM Re: About "contributing to Satanism". [Re: DREX]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Originally Posted By: "Diavolo"

If living Satanism is all it takes to be a Satanist, who is the sole source of knowledge on how to live it?

Of course it is 'we,ourselves'. The Satanic Bible lays out the foundation of what a Satanist 'is', but from there it is really a matter of individual preference how one might choose to manifest their own autotheism. If you are a Satanist, you shouldn't need any external coaching on how to continue to be. You either already are or never will be.

Originally Posted By: "Drex"

however those foundations are there to build upon and that is what a satinist is doing,

This is a theme I see again and again. As if Satanism is some sort of rudimentary set of building blocks to sculpt into your own personal fairy tale belief system. The 'Satanism can mean whatever I want it to mean' crowd have missed the mark dramatically.
And it is spelled 'Satanist' not 'satinist'. You should be ashamed of yourself for making such a lazy mistake in such a place. Or perhaps you are talking about an entirely different philosophy, (Perhaps some sort of fabric worship?) in which case feel free to 'build on it' as you see fit \:\)

#23041 - 04/06/09 11:59 PM Re: About "contributing to Satanism". [Re: Dimitri]
Splore Offline
stranger

Loc: Australia
It is very narrow minded to measure a persons worth simply by the amount of followers they have - surely a man who provides wisdom to 5 people is of no less importance than a man who provides wisdom to 1,000 people.

Was LaVey so successful because no-one else has contributed anything of worth, or because when LaVey stormed into the public eye, he was the only contender at the time to stake his claim on Satanism? In my opinion, LaVey’s rise to success has a lot to do with the simplicity of his work – it is not obscure, it is not difficult to digest, it is readily available to anyone and easily adopted into a persons life. A ‘simpler’ version of something will always attract more interest than that of something that requires a higher level of scope, understanding and commitment from the individual.

Why should LaVey be the ‘start all, end all’? Why should Satanism be restricted to extending from the ideas of only one man? Was he the one who breathed Satanism into conception? Hardly - LaVey was the first to bind his ideals into hard copy, the first to allow all members of society to revel in its splendor, but he was not the first to ‘live the life’. Did LaVey not do what you oppose? Did he not combine basic points, ideals, what have you, into a definable term that suited his own individual wants, needs and desires?

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.