Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#292 - 09/12/07 07:50 PM Re: Teacher / Mentor. / Introdution. [Re: darkstar6979]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
 Quote:
They found it and chose it because it fit.

Yes, but why does it fit?

#425 - 09/18/07 07:01 AM Re: Teacher / Mentor. / Introdution. [Re: Fist]
sludge grave Offline
stranger

Loc: Ukraine - Xarkiv
 Originally Posted By: Fist
 Quote:
They found it and chose it because it fit.

Yes, but why does it fit?

It does fit his personality and tastes , which did not come from birth .. but ... from what he/she did experience in life even if it was when the person was a kid .

but no one is "born" being something/someone.

#426 - 09/18/07 07:29 AM Re: Teacher / Mentor. / Introdution. [Re: sludge grave]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
 Originally Posted By: sludge grave

I'd have to disagree on that point.

Homosexuals? Murderers? There are some cases where past abuse or simply a child's envinroment has led that child towards having a preference for the same sex, but it doesn't happen often. Usually, the teenager has never had an attraction towards the opposite sex, or pretends to in order to fit in socially.

Murderers seem to be genetically predisposed to acts of cruelty, which they take out on small animals and harass younger siblings, eventually making their way to larger prey--other adult human beings. True psychopaths aren't simply a product of their environment, they seem, from birth, wired for violence.

These are extreme examples of course, but you see my point.

#452 - 09/19/07 12:08 AM Re: Teacher / Mentor. / Introdution. [Re: Nemesis]
rottingteeth Offline
stranger

oh boy, a nature vs. nurture argument!

I think a person can be born goth. I don't mean they pop out of the womb with black lipstick and 666 tattoos, but who they are will determine their interests. you don't choose what you like, you just like it. let me ask you this: when you hear a new song, do you sit there and think "hmm...should I decide to like this, or not? hmm..." you either like it or you don't. it's part of who you are.

Edited by rottingteeth (09/19/07 12:10 AM)

#464 - 09/19/07 05:52 AM Re: Teacher / Mentor. / Introdution. [Re: sludge grave]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
 Originally Posted By: sludge grave
It does fit his personality and tastes , which did not come from birth .. but ... from what he/she did experience in life even if it was when the person was a kid .

Let us compare life with computers for just a minute shall we? While your life experiences (software) do have a role in the final outcome of who you will become... How you were born, how your mind is wired (hardware) is the defining factor in what you will be...

After all if you were (born) a 486dx you will never run windows xp... That is why there are so many smart people walking ignorant to their surroundings... Sometimes the hardware is not there to fully utilize the inputed software...

Bring on transhumanism...

Edited by ta2zz (09/19/07 05:55 AM)

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.018 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.