Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#2289 - 11/26/07 01:37 PM Satanic Rosary
Reaper Offline
stranger

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
Hey,
Does anyone out there know how to make a satanic rosary.

I'd like to make my own for various reasons but all I've found is an image which is not particularly helpful.

Any help regarding materials, techniques etc would be much appreciated.

#2290 - 11/26/07 02:14 PM Re: Satanic Rosary [Re: Reaper]
delusion Offline
pledge

Loc: hawaii
I imagine you would make it much like the traditional catholic rosary. Of course you may want to switch out the cross for something more personal/satanic.

I have a question if you don't mind...

What exactly is the point of a satanic rosary??

#2294 - 11/26/07 05:58 PM Re: Satanic Rosary [Re: delusion]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Well strictly from a craft perspective--you could use small red glass beads in between some skull/station beads. All topped off by a nice pewter baphomet, or some other Satanic symbol.

That's how I'd make one, anyway.

Are you actually going to be using it? Or just make one for show? If you're going to use it, what will you use for the stations? Enochian calls?

#2311 - 11/27/07 02:06 AM Re: Satanic Rosary [Re: Nemesis]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
I like the glass bead idea... This was something I wanted to make as a wearable piece of jewelry a year or so ago... The skulls I thought of but not the glass beads ;)...

Lately I have come across silver or gold firing clay... I may fork out the startup and buy a setup... I think they might sell well to goths on ebay... But to hand make each skull would make them costly...

Strictly show in my book, shock value, and art...

~T~

#2313 - 11/27/07 06:44 AM Re: Satanic Rosary [Re: ta2zz]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
I love the look of glass beads instead of plastic, which are so one-dimensional...some places actually make the skull beads out of bone. I doubt the average craft store would be selling these. An online store would, no doubt.

I've been to several bead shows, a.k.a "Old Lady Conventions" (lol), and they had a booth with that silver firing clay. Complete with demonstrations and orders to buy the product, it looked like it would be fun and interesting to try. The only problem is the price tag--it ain't cheap! But whomever came up with the idea to mix clay with silver flakes so you can mold it, bake the clay off and leave nothing but silver behind is a genius!

#2314 - 11/27/07 09:25 AM Re: Satanic Rosary [Re: Nemesis]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
I can see the appeal as a fashion item however it just doesn't seem to have any other purpose so it's not something I would want to get as it seems to just have a negative feel to it due to the Christian Rosary, too many people would be offended and I can't be assed justifying it.

#2319 - 11/27/07 10:46 AM Re: Satanic Rosary [Re: Reaper]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Unfortunately since he is asking for help with black magic on another thread his intentions are more than likely something completely different…

Back when I believed in the need to perform to use magic, it was my understanding that the power comes from or through me… Therefore anything that I deemed necessary to work a ritual was decided by me… Making something yourself will attune its power to you adding to its strength…

Years later I believe magic happens, wither or not we can control it reads out like belief in prayer and gods help… If something happens that’s beneficial to you and your working why then you will say how powerful you are and magic works… Just as this same outcome would prove to a Christian that prayer and belief in god also works… If it fails then just like saying if a prayer fails you did not have enough faith in god, if a working does not work, you will look where you failed… Did you concentrate enough did you disbelieve in the power of magic… Do not disbelieve in magic or your control of said magic as those who pray still put faith in god… Starting to see the similarities here? Sounds like the same head game to me…

A couple of questions that you need not answer…

What do you intend to gain through magical workings, black magical workings at that? Do you plan to smite your enemies? Gain money and power? What are your goals here? Do you think actual gain can be achieved without hard work through mumbo jumbo?

I still believe that things you make by your own hands will be attuned to you… Even if it is only increasing your faith in said object… Sometimes believing in something may make your day go by easier… So by all means believe away… As long as it works for you…

Peace

~T~

#2348 - 11/27/07 11:43 PM Re: Satanic Rosary [Re: ta2zz]
TornadoCreator Offline

Magic is not magic, it's all about the ego. You are capable of anything regardless of the magic you perform. Magic serves one purpose, it free the mind and calms the body. You feel enriched afterwards because you've let go of whatever emotion was clouding your judgment.

Say you do a ritual for more wealth. This will make you worry less about money, reducing your stress and keeping you in better health. This could increase your productivity at work and put you in line for a promotion. Alternatively you will have less stress visible in your posture and mannerisms which will make you more likely to get a good result out of an interview.

Each form of magic has it's purpose, even if it's just to relieve tension or help you relax. Magic works, but it's not just by magic... if you get my meaning.

#2356 - 11/28/07 04:44 AM Re: Satanic Rosary [Re: TornadoCreator]
Reaper Offline
stranger

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
You get me wrong. My intentions are purely to create an item I find interesting. My inquiries regarding magic are purely from a need to learn and my interest has always been in magic (not performance magic). It is my way of dispelling the mysteries and learning the truth that I know is missing out there.
The Rosary is purely for show. For display in my house. Not as a means for "performing" magic. I have an interest in crafts and the rosary took my interest.

When I say I have an interest in magic it is from an academic perspective and to absorb all I can in Satanism. I'd like to formulate my own views and beliefs. I believe the more you can learn about a lifestyle you choose the more it will benefit you.

#2358 - 11/28/07 05:29 AM Re: Satanic Rosary [Re: Reaper]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
I believe your questions, according to your currently claimed intent, have been answered. Do as you will.

As for "magic" - academic interest? Then, all you have to do is read some books.

Other threads have already addressed this topic...

"academic interest" ??? Are you writing a paper, or a book?

#2360 - 11/28/07 06:24 AM Re: Satanic Rosary [Re: daevid777]
TornadoCreator Offline

If that's the case I'd suggest standard jewelry making books/websites. They where very popular in the early 90's during the kids "make your own jewelry" fad, with all the bead sets and shit. As for materials it's all academic really, as it's just an item of focus or show so any material will do however it's best to go for something with meaning to you like your favourite semi-precious stone as the normal bead, a larger one to denote each decade and as your main focus a carving of a significant symbol (a Baphomet would work but a more personalised symbol could work better).

I hope this was at least slightly helpful.

#2362 - 11/28/07 09:11 AM Re: Satanic Rosary [Re: Reaper]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: Reaper
My inquiries regarding magic are purely from a need to learn and my interest has always been in magic (not performance magic).

Let me clarify my use of the word perform to do magic… I was talking about the need to actually have and use props and to perform a ritual… Not pulling cards out of thin air or slight of hand trickery… I then discovered workings could be done strictly through visualization…

Soon after I came to the conclusion that its all in your head… As explained in my previous reply… TornadoCreator has also explained for you what some Satanists define as magic… Simply a way to focus and control your own emotions… If you need to perform a ritual to straighten yourself out then so be it…

BUT when you put the word black in front of magic… Well then I for one think of someone simply thinking they will gain power through mumbo jumbo… Not helping themselves through the use of Satanic ritual…

I also explained in my previous reply how I compare anything magical to be right up there in the human mind with prayer… Never question magic that works just as you must never question god… Same game different way…

As you see most of us are artists in some way… So asking your question here was valid… I would be interested in seeing your completed rosary… Post a picture when you are done or shoot me a pm if you are inclined to share…

~T~

#2485 - 12/02/07 04:20 AM Re: Satanic Rosary [Re: Reaper]
undeadridinghood Offline
pledge

Loc: Washington State
These aren't specific directions, but this is what I remember from making Anglican prayer beads when I was younger.

At least one T pin

Wax coated jewelery twine

enough beads for the rosary, some that I've seen have have three beads per "decade", the Catholic one obviously uses 10 and the Anglican one uses seven. Multiply the number of beads per decade by the number of decades, plus a few, three or so depending on what you want to make, for the taily thing. A few special beads for the stations between decades, and the small ones that go on either side of the special beads. Also a few for the tail thing. And of course, the pendant at the end.

The string that you use, however long you decide, double that amount. You thread the string through each bead twice, and you tie knots between each one to space them out. The knots are easier to tie using the T pin, it helps you get it as close to the beads as possible and make the knots tight. I can't remember which beads you thread first, which makes these less than complete directions. What I do remember is that the ones I made used a hangman's knot between the pendant and the first beads on the tail, giving it an attractive gap that most purchased rosaries have.

That's all I can remember. I can post more later, if you're interested, I just have to find one of my old sets of beads and look at it's construction for a second to remember the order. Maybe I can even find an instruction sheet I can scan. Hope it helps.

#2487 - 12/02/07 10:20 AM Re: Satanic Rosary [Re: Reaper]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
C'mon man, GOOGLE!

http://www.rosaryworkshop.com/SERVICE-HowToMakeRosaries.html

There are a ton of sites like this. Also google "ranger pace counter." It is a string of beads used to aid in land navigation. I like the black skull beads for this.

Also google "beads" or "beading." The 'beading' hobby has an insane following with lots of resouces on the web.

#44830 - 12/10/10 07:41 PM RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE [Re: Fist]
Aklo Offline

*poof*

Here's a vrajnayana rosary from Nepal.

And here's a Ranger pace counter.

The purpose of a "rosary" is to keep count. Here have some Crowley

Originally Posted By: Book 4, Part 1, Chapter 5
Please understand that in doing this practice you are supposed to be seated in Asana, and to have note-book and pencil by your side, and a watch in front of you. You are not to practise at first for more than ten minutes at a time, so as to avoid risk of overtiring the brain. In fact you will probably find that the whole of your will-power is not equal to keeping to a subject at all for so long as three minutes, or even apparently concentrating on it for so long as three seconds, or three-fifths of one second. By "keeping to it at all" is meant the mere attempt to keep to it. The mind becomes so fatigued, and the object so incredibly loathsome, that it is useless to continue for the time being. In Frater P.'s record we find that after daily practice for six months, meditations of four minutes and less are still being recorded.

The student is supposed to count the number of times that his thought wanders; this he can do on his fingers or on a string of beads.

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.