Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#2426 - 11/29/07 09:06 PM Re: Recovery and Satanism. Can it work? [Re: ]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
I think you miss the point.

You cannot be a Satanist and an addict. A Satanist is his own god and an addict worships at the alter of his addiction.

The fact of the matter is that Satanist are born - not made. The Satanist - the Overman - does not become an addict.

If it is not too personal a question, what is your poison?

#2439 - 11/30/07 01:13 PM Re: Recovery and Satanism. Can it work? [Re: Fist]
hellbent666
Unregistered

Well to make things completely clear I really don't consider myself an addict anymore. At one point I thought I was but I recently realized that I was just making horrible choices. It's not some incurable "disease" as they coined it it's usually just a series of bad choices. I feel I have my Satanic head screwed on straight now and I don't engage in pointless activities like getting high. I at one point or another was using meth, cocaine, and pretty much whatever I could get my hands on but that is all in the past. I agree with our philosophy if it feels good and youre not harming anyone else then do it, but only in moderation. I know the official stance of the CoS and us and drug addicts don't mix. I have been "clean" for a year now and man do I feel good!
#2460 - 11/30/07 10:55 PM Re: Recovery and Satanism. Can it work? [Re: ]
danielpennington Offline
lurker

Loc: okcity ok
yes if you wount to reasure yourself read luciferian witchcraft by Ford.This is not a sissy book and you must have a open mind .Take it from me it works.note it be
#2461 - 11/30/07 11:11 PM Re: Recovery and Satanism. Can it work? [Re: ]
MCSA TEK Offline
pledge

Loc: Orlando Fl USA
Bravado and bullshit aside, A satanist is nothing but a man. Man is an emotional and flawed animal. We all sometimes loose sight of our goals. We loose perspective of truth because of emotional involvement. We can remain in denial because as satanists its hard to admit our mistakes and our failures because deep down such things affect our pride.

I am a Satanist and I am an alcoholic. I used every ounce of my willpower to regain the control that I so easily allowed to slip away. I am stronger because of it and I have exorcised my self determinism in a way that no armchair, Cheeto munching satanist ever dreamed possible.

I'm stronger because It takes serious and honest self examination that most never experience. This gives me a much better understanding of who I am, Why I make the decisions that I make, and what my personal weaknesses are. This is true strength. Any fool can run around with no understanding of their capabilities or weaknesses. But it is this knowledge that is the conduit to true power.

About the 12 step process and religion. What of it? I am a Satanist. I am my own god. I have faith in myself and why shouldn't I. I saved myself in answer to my own prayers. What other religion can say that?

As for requiring help. Thats not weakness, Its common sense. Even Multi-millionaire C.E.O.'s meet with rivals behind closed doors in order to join forces against a dangerous competitor. It simply good business sense. As long as both parties profit from the encounter then its entirely within the precepts of Satanic thought.

Remember the true sins. Blind Pride, Self Deceit, and Stupidity. If you have a problem, be a Satanist and crush it. Rise from your failure and learn from it. Gain strength, gain cunning, and push forward.

Chris

#2881 - 12/23/07 07:54 PM Re: Recovery and Satanism. Can it work? [Re: ]
Soluna666 Offline
stranger

Loc: Canada
Hellbent, this is something about which you need to be strong in your own conclusions. Who cares what the CoS thinks?? Are you your own Master or not? So the CoS frowns on drugs...well so do Christians, Muslims, Scientologists and every other righteously indignant monkey on this planet.

If you are a Satanist...this is your life! Nobody is going to give you permission to do what you are ultimately going to do, whatever you decide. If you like recovery then it's gratifying for you, right? If not, then fuck 'em. Staying would then be self-deceit. BTW, are you an Atheist because you think that's what's required to be a LaVeyan Satanist, or is that your own viewpoint?

Edited by Soluna666 (12/23/07 07:55 PM)

#2883 - 12/23/07 10:41 PM Re: Recovery and Satanism. Can it work? [Re: Soluna666]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: Soluna666
If you like recovery then it's gratifying for you, right? If not, then fuck 'em. Staying would then be self-deceit.

Had you read the thread you might have seen this... "I enjoy the company of the people in these groups but I don't believe completely in their philosophy but I have to go! Part of my parole says I have to engage in these meetings." ~hellbent666

So needless what he wishes he is doomed to stay...

Peace

~T~

#2886 - 12/24/07 02:54 AM Re: Recovery and Satanism. Can it work? [Re: ta2zz]
hellbent666
Unregistered

Ever since I broke out of the christian mold I have been an Atheist and then after that I read The Satanic Bible and realized that I was a Satanist all along. So yes I consider myself a LaVeyan Satanist and an Epicurean Atheist which "most" Satanists are unless you are a Luciferian. I was just wondering if the 12 steps could work with a Satanic philosophy and I found out that it can't because recovery takes all of the responsibility away from the individual and places it on the "disease" or puts it in some higher powers hands. But yes I am also forced to go to these stupid meetings.
#2897 - 12/24/07 02:16 PM Re: Recovery and Satanism. Can it work? [Re: ]
Soluna666 Offline
stranger

Loc: Canada
Ah, yes, the court ordered recovery system. I see the dilemma.

Well your attendance holds some value obviously in that it allows you to assess and question their paradigm comparatively to yours, thereby hopefully adding strength to your convictions.

One thing I know for sure is that the 12-step system is grounded entirely in christian doctrine. It grinds against the Satanic philosophy completely. Believe me, I know this from experience.
It is total herd conformity and supports the great WE...anathema to the individual. Indeed, it allows the person to abdicate all responsibility and decision-making and instills a subtle yet powerful sense of guilt if one attempts what they refer to as "self-reliance".It is mental poison seething with contradiction and hypocrisy.

A 12-step program requires that one live an altruistic life, with no thought for oneself. Determine constantly how to serve others and serve god, the conclusion being that thinking of oneself leads to relapse for the addict or alcoholic. Selfishness and self-centredness is considered the core of the "disease". And if one does relapse, any crime committed in the process is written off to the disease, the addict is not responsible because it wasn't his "true self" that did it. All is forgiven, turn your will over to god, blah, blah, blah.

AA and NA two of the biggest mind-control cults in the world.

#3264 - 01/09/08 06:35 PM Re: Recovery and Satanism. Can it work? [Re: ]
Evil Lucy Offline
stranger

Loc: La Mesa, California, USA
I went to AA, I thought I had a serious problem

And believe you me, it worked

AA works for those who want it to work
The AA "God" figure that they speak of, is not the Nazarene, nor is he a big jolly fellow named Buddha, or anything, it's really what you perceive as your higher power, which in this instance is ourselves, seeing as we practice Self Worship, if you're strong and have willpower and believe in yourself you will be a success

Personally AA scared me, because I see what how toxic and scary these substances are, I stopped drinking for a long time afterwards, kinda scared straight if you will, I think it all boils down to who you are, and what motivates you, I think fear was a huge motivator for me- and if your huge motivator is yourself, I am sure you will be successful, just take the GOD, or HIGHER POWER and apply it to yourself

I wish you the best of luck

Edited by Evil Lucy (01/09/08 06:57 PM)

#3275 - 01/09/08 08:02 PM Re: Recovery and Satanism. Can it work? [Re: fakepropht]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
Ok, this is a simple reply to the original poster, I didn't read the rest of the thread because the first half of the first post was enough for me to already have an answer.

12 STEP PROGRAMS ARE FUCKING BULLSHIT!

Step 1. alone should tell you this. Admitting you're powerless over the drugs, are you fuck. You chose to take the drugs you can choose to not take them. You're not powerless you are, in fact, the only one with any power in this situation. The only way you can be the powerless one is if you're too much of a pussy to drag yourself out of the shit pile you've got yourself into.

Here's a better way of sorting out a drug problem. I call it "The Ultimate 1 Step Program For Quitting Anything At All".

Step 1 : STOP FUCKING DOING IT ASSHOLE!

If you're smoking something, don't put it in your mouth and set fire to the end. If you're taking pills, stop putting them in your damn mouth and as for needles.... it tries to stop you itself by being painful, seriously man, grow a pair.

If people want to take drugs that's entirely up to them and I fully support there right to do whatever they want with there own bodies. However if people don't want to do drugs but do them anyway, then they are morons who are wasting valuable gulps of my air.

It takes more energy to illegally obtain drugs, take them and then earn the money to pay for them than it does to sit on your ass and do nothing...

I think I've said my point.

#3283 - 01/10/08 12:43 AM Re: Recovery and Satanism. Can it work? [Re: TornadoCreator]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: TornadoCreator
I didn't read the rest of the thread because the first half of the first post was enough for me to already have an answer.

If you read a whole thread you see where it has progressed to, what has been clarified, etc... To read half a post that spans two pages and reply is just lazy...

Quote:
If people want to take drugs that's entirely up to them and I fully support there right to do whatever they want with there own bodies. However if people don't want to do drugs but do them anyway, then they are morons who are wasting valuable gulps of my air.

It takes more energy to illegally obtain drugs, take them and then earn the money to pay for them than it does to sit on your ass and do nothing...

Well said...

~T~

#3286 - 01/10/08 05:48 AM Re: Recovery and Satanism. Can it work? [Re: ta2zz]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
 Originally Posted By: ta2zz

Originally Posted By: TornadoCreator
I didn't read the rest of the thread because the first half of the first post was enough for me to already have an answer.

If you read a whole thread you see where it has progressed to, what has been clarified, etc... To read half a post that spans two pages and reply is just lazy...

Agreed, and normally I wouldn't do it. However I was rushed for time and had a point I wanted to make, I have since read the entire topic.

#98939 - 04/22/15 03:01 PM Re: Recovery and Satanism. Can it work? [Re: TornadoCreator]
MReynolds Offline
Permanently Banned Troll

Whether the recovery is from mental/emotional-health issues, substance misuse/abuse (addiction) issues, or religious indoctrination.. Satanism can (in my opinion) be very useful in aiding one in their recovery, whether, or not they're a Satanist, or otherwise. The tenets of The Church of Satan in particular are great guidelines for one to implement should they choose to in order to live a more sound, and stable life. They're positive, and life-affirming. Much better than a list of 100+ bull-shit positive affirmations that are not felt to begin with.

Also, if substance misuse/abuse (addiction) is the issue, I must agree with those that state it's counterproductive to Satanism (being a Satanist) due to the fact that it's slavery plain, and simple.

I disagree that one must be a Satanist in order to benefit from this, or that that Satanism has to offer, especially as far as recovery is concerned. I wonder if anyone has written a satanic self-help book as of yet? -Matty \:\)

#98955 - 04/22/15 07:34 PM Re: Recovery and Satanism. Can it work? [Re: MReynolds]
Naama Offline

Loc: NewYork
You raised today the old thread which essentially is about this Alcoholic Anonymous program... (case LHP philosophy, in my opinion -is much more serious of course than just "self-help" psychology of living).

This group is a certain money making scheme... I never actually was a member of Alcoholic Anonimus or Narcotic Anonimus,
but I've seen them. They have this whole "doctrine" that they throw at each other, this wishy-washy stuff that members have just to consume, believe and keep on passing to others...
Two of may favorite things that they say: - a conclusion that all junkies fall into category of "people with disabilities"
and - belief that: "if you ever thought that you had a heart attack, you actually had one at that moment"

(Those who know - will understand the true meaning of these notions))

Edited by Naama (04/22/15 07:36 PM)

#98956 - 04/22/15 08:45 PM Re: Recovery and Satanism. Can it work? [Re: Anonymous]
CanisMachina42 Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
@ unregistered member

Satanic AA is an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

It's essentially trading addictions. Substance for codependency. Its entire premise is that you have no will, and you have no power. It's all bullshit. A bit of self-deception to psyche yourself into believing something 'greater' is magically helping you when it's really just you. Weak people need weak reasons.

That said, I willingly went through a 12 step program using this model.

1. Admitted I didn't want to be homeless and I would take advantage of what I can to get through a rough patch.

2. Came to believe if I made up a meth addiction and interviewed at a program that charged 200 dollars a month I would have stable housing.

3. Made a decision that I got myself into this mess and I must do what was necessary to see it through.

4. Made a fearless inventory to hold myself accountable for my own decisions and actions.

5. Admitted to myself that this will only be wrong if I get caught.

6. We're entirely ready to 'fake it' and take of advantage of all the character defects that put me in that position to begin with.

7. Pridefully vowed to never let my shortcomings hamper my will again.

8. Made a list of all that I harmed, excused my behavior, and told them to go fuck themselves.

9. Made no amends or apologies for my actions, unless it was sincerely deserved.

10. This one I actually agree with, unless deception serves a useful purpose.

11. Sought to fulfill my own needs first and foremost, placing my own will above all else, and doing what was necessary to carry that out.

12. Having had a selfish awakening through these steps sculpted a gold statue of myself and practiced these principles in all my affairs.

THAT'S Satanic AA.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.