Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#23594 - 04/20/09 09:30 PM Re: might is left [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
meateatereater Offline
stranger

I must admit I never considered the word in the phrase as "the mechanism" you spoke of. I always thought it was used, "right" as in "right/wrong". This is a new concept for me after interacting in this forum. I now grasp and realize (please stop me if I'm still wrong) might being "a" right (as in, of passage, for example) as spoken of in the above description/example of government, etc. Already this has helped me catagorize my own stance and attitude in life.

I am grateful to learn such material. I apologize if any of you think I stepped out of my boundaries by posting this out of 101, and by seeming a little arrogant. I just thought it meant "I have a gun, so its right (as opposed to wrong) of me to kill and rape. Now I realize that this actual subject/phrase is a matter seperate from the concept/experience of emotions/personal value & morals/consideration etc.

Matters of kindness, peace, respect, equality, and the sort have always highly interested in by I, so forgive my nature of defending it if you can.

I'll try to come back to this thread with some more educated reflections on the matter when I get some, soon, for I desire it.

[standing corrected] - mee

#23596 - 04/20/09 09:39 PM Re: might is left [Re: ceruleansteel]
meateatereater Offline
stranger

Quote:
Are you seriously trying to apply these labels to us?

No cerulean, I did not come here to attack anyone. I came here to question things within myself amongst other people. I've always revered Satanism but have always had issues with now, obviously was some confusions. The statements of mine moreso were referring to things in the world I see that I do not approve of. I opened the thread because of my understanding of the phrase "might is right" of which now a couple days later has changed and so has focus in my life. I was previously incorrect of the usage of the word "right". I saw it as value instead of mechanism, a adjective instead of a noun. My own mislead. This does not mean that I support any of the things I associated "might is right" with, such as the example I opened the discussion with, and many other like situations.

It is my opinion that you misjudge me. I am aware of Athiestic Satanism and its opposites. I referred to and stated I did know it was a fable, a story, a comic book. I also, don't think its wrong to say religions of the ignorant shackle this world. Do I consider Satanism a religion? Personally, No. I consider it a definition of realism. Maybe its because once principles are engraved into my being its no longer a practice; its more a autonomous function alike breathing; and I don't consider breathing a religion. Can I not have my own definition of religion, or is there a god, person or group telling / forcing me not to?

Edited by meateatereater (04/20/09 09:47 PM)
Edit Reason: added 2nd paragraph

#23632 - 04/21/09 12:46 PM Re: might is left [Re: Diavolo]
Fabiano Offline

Thanks to all of you for the feedback !

It comforts me in my views.

I admit "struggling with no fear" is not the best expression. I understand you point it out Diavolo.
I agree. In fact, I define courage as "action despite fear". No fear, no courage !

Off course, defending the small group should not be made a golden rule!
You know that we have quite diverging views on racism.
To me entering a ghetto and calling one a nigger is just a stupid act.
However, could this tribal effect that works with the niggers work also for nobles ?

I can understand your point of view in saying that justice, Satanism, karma and so many things do not exist and are just labels. It fits in a pure logical/materialistic model.

In some other model, it fits like this : Thus you are become the skirts of justice and truth. In Satan's name, rise up! Show yourselves! Behold!, his mercies flourish, and his
name is become mighty among us.

#23636 - 04/21/09 01:18 PM Re: might is left [Re: Fabiano]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I don't really know if we have quite diverging views upon racism. The word diverging here puzzles me a bit but when going through the potential explanations in my mind, they all amuse me, so whatever you imply with diverging, I can live with.

There are no golden rules (another justice/karma metamorphosis) in life and I do not uphold them. Everything is in flux, as are we. Personally I never "step in" anywhere unless it benefits me. The benefit itself might be of a trivial nature at times but even the trivial might be a stimulus.

I've seen and been in my share of fights and witnessed or experienced them from the level of one-on-one up to the level of bar fights which you hardly ever see unless you watch a good old western movie. And in none of them you can point out the weak party, unless you define weak as the beaten one. Which in the context of fighting is. So I try to look upon them from a "responsibility to the responsible" perspective with a "shit happens' for those cases not fitting.
I've seen two big bikers pick a fight with a little dude one day and it sure was an unequal fight. Those two guys did not stand a chance. It was a case of 'shit happens' for them.

D.

#23645 - 04/21/09 05:59 PM Re: might is left [Re: Diavolo]
Fabiano Offline

There was a thread on racism. I said little but I think you can already figure out. And what I didn't say others already did it, like in this post.

And about MIR I don't see the added value of the recurent references to Jews , Saxons, etc.

I like your sense of realism and your concrete examples but this thread is also about chivalry, honor and courage. And there might be a benefit to visualize these concepts, that's also why I don't use only the pure logical/materialistic model.

About you fights in bars, it's typically the kind of situation I'll not put my noze in. I also waste some of my time in dark places but during all this time I never went in jail, even for a night, and was never trapped in such fight.

And yes, I know, I'm a little dude...

#23672 - 04/22/09 12:58 PM Re: might is left [Re: Fabiano]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Oh well yeah, I'm a culturalist if that describes some of my views and although I respect Woland pretty much, I fear my current "me" did drove us a bit apart. Not that I saw his reply as an attack, more as not understanding what I am about. Not that I ever explained it pretty well.
And it got very little to do with racism, even when some cultures contain lots of identical colored people.

Anyways, of all the isms out there, the worst is fatalism as a solution so if you prefer to avoid that, you do have to pick something or stop complaining. This being a general remark mind you, none take it personal.

You do have to understand that if you really want to take the path of chivalry, honor and courage beyond imagination, you can't avoid situations you prefer not to put your noze in. There is nothing honorable about being honorable in the comfort zone. If you live like that, situations might arise where you rather not put your nose in but honor forces you. Not that I want to force you into any extreme habitats to save damsels in distress.

D.

#23674 - 04/22/09 02:01 PM Re: might is left [Re: Diavolo]
Fabiano Offline

So well, our views on racism are diverging. Perhaps some more discussion could make them converge but it would be off-topic here.

If I never had to fight, it's perhaps due to my sense of observation, my negociations skills and my key relationships. Was I not the fittest in this case after all?

Now let me tell you a tale.
Years ago on of my friend went out of jail after being there for 4 years. He weights the double of me and manage always to put his noze where he shouldn't...

I was steping out of the drug hell and "on tracks" at that time. And he had the bad idea to con me. He told me he bought coke with my money and I could forget it.

In two phone calls I made his life a nightmare. Then he called me, threatened me and advised me to stay well locked at home.
Half an hour later I was in front of him, in his city, on his territory.
He was so surprised to see me, so "shaked" by my behaviour that it took him a moment to realise that 'shit happens'. And he finally did not touched me !

He kept the money, I gained his respect. I still see him from time to time and we still have good moments together. But he knows that if he miss 20 cents for buying cigarettes, it's no use to come to me... I don't think he would even dare.

So you do have to understand that when I say "I'm a little dude", I'm a little dude!

I don't think I need or asked for mentoring on courage.

#23676 - 04/22/09 02:28 PM Re: might is left [Re: Fabiano]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I think you are confused here. Whenever I give examples out of my life -which is my pool of experiences to begin with- or my path, one should not look upon them as a frame of comparison. My life and my experiences have meaning to me but when people take those as reference material, they are having the wrong perspective. At best they should be taken as examples to document a certain position I take.

PS: I did not mentor you on courage, I did so on contradicting arguments. And I don't even charge for that. ;\) <-- added it to avoid the obvious being not too obvious.

D.

Edited by Diavolo (04/22/09 02:45 PM)
Edit Reason: added PS

#23681 - 04/22/09 04:51 PM Re: might is left [Re: Diavolo]
Fabiano Offline

Mmmmmm,

It's clear it's in my "posting style" to take many examples out from my life. Mainly because at the end, it's the things I'm the most sure about.

I take good notice of your remark on the "wrong perspective".

Thanks for the mentoring ! <-- I didn't add anything as it is so obvious.

#23711 - 04/23/09 03:22 PM Re: might is left [Re: meateatereater]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
I failed to include some things in my last post that would have given clarity to the reason why I singled out some of what you said. In my original post, I misunderstood your use of the word, "defile". I realize now that you simply meant doubt or treat as suspect when originally I understood the word to mean the active and physical sort of defiling.

Understand, we deal with a lot of teenage wannabes who think that Satanism means scaring nuns or pissing on pews or something...only that and nothing more, so when I saw the word "defile", my mind automatically went that direction and that probably colored most of my reply to your post.

My bad.

I have no argument with you regarding ignorance, religion, and shackles. I will go even further and state that I don't see any reason why Theistic Satanists are not just as shackled as Christians. I can tell by your reply that during your break from this thread you did more research and introspection. I applaud that. Continue doing such and you may find many more changes in your ideas, ideals, and "focus". It's a personal evolution that never stops, which may be the reason that some cling to Satanism as if it were a religion. As someone pointed out (I believe it was Morgan), holding yourself personally accountable for your actions, rewards and failures instead of the Easter Bunny, et al., is probably one of the most challenging aspects of the philosophy, especially when discussing the "Might is Right" angle.

Keep reading. You will never, ever do enough of that.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.023 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 23 queries. Zlib compression disabled.