Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#2357 - 11/28/07 04:55 AM Clarify myself
Reaper Offline
stranger

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
Okay, not that I feel a need to justify myself I'm picking up a slightly critical tone on the replies I'm getting to my posts.

First off, as I said, I'm new to Satanism so I ask. My questions may seem "stupid" but it's the only way to learn.

If you read in my introduction I say
 Quote:
I would really like to study more regarding black magic and I can truly say that it is from a need to learn more.

By studying it "formally" I mean I have never actually said that I'm a Satanist and actively studied it. Perhaps it was a poor choice of words.

#2365 - 11/28/07 10:14 AM Re: Clarify myself [Re: Reaper]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: Reaper
Okay, not that I feel a need to justify myself I'm picking up a slightly critical tone on the replies I'm getting to my posts.

Welcome to a gathering of Satanists and those that share similar beliefs…

Quote:
First off, as I said, I'm new to Satanism so I ask. My questions may seem "stupid" but it's the only way to learn.

While I will not say there are no stupid questions, I did not think your questions stupid… I did question your motives…

Quote:
If you read in my introduction I say “I would really like to study more regarding black magic and I can truly say that it is from a need to learn more”.

The words black magic bring forth visions of teens trying to invoke the devil and his demons or wiccians who have lost their way… To me at least…

Quote:
By studying it "formally" I mean I have never actually said that I'm a Satanist and actively studied it. Perhaps it was a poor choice of words.

Understood… You can learn much here a bit at a time… It is an extension to the real school of Satanism, which is the world around you…

We are very different people here that share one common thing… A title that we ourselves chose or more likely one that just seemed to fit us… Aside from the very basic beliefs of Satanism that bind us you will find all flavors here from the critical to the fluffy…

Enjoy your stay…

Good luck on your path…

~T~

#2370 - 11/28/07 12:47 PM Re: Clarify myself [Re: ta2zz]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
I agree with ta2zz, the "black magic" bit made me think of guys assuming Satanism was a form of New Age crap, people drawing pentagrams on everything and pretending they can 'read each others aura'.

You'll be shocked how many people still think Satanists make sacrifices. It's specifically against the satanist lifestyle to harm animals accept for food and when attacked and it's also against it to harm children or kill people unless in self defense.

#2374 - 11/28/07 03:29 PM Re: Clarify myself [Re: Reaper]
Disabuse Offline

One of the greatest quotes I've ever heard is...

"Fuck Satanism" -Rick, dialog between myself and Rick.

Surprised?

Satanism will teach you ethics and morals that may change your life. And honestly, they're not bad ones to live by. But once you've learned all you can, move beyond the label and be yourself. It will leave you open to learn so much more.

Good luck on your journey. Just don't get caught up in a label that may or may not put horse blinders on your ability to learn more.

#2391 - 11/28/07 08:09 PM Re: Clarify myself [Re: Disabuse]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
That's actually some damn fine advice Disabuse, although personality I like the moral codes and ideals laid out in the Satanic Bible and in standard LeVayan Satanism. It's fit's my way of life and I think you should concentrate on mastering them before building on them. They seem simple but people are dumb irrational animals and rarely get things right the first time.

By the way my spell checker thinks LeVayan should be spelled 'Santayana', I'm not even going to bother using it anymore, I keep having to go in and correct the damn dictionary. Thought this many amuse someone.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.