Page 1 of 4 1234>
Topic Options
#23573 - 04/20/09 02:35 PM Dude, Where's My Pot?
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Thought this story would be appropriate considering it is 420 and all:

"Since when do the cops give anybody pot? Since a judge orders them to, that's when.

A Tulare County man who was recently acquitted of marijuana charges will get all his pot back from authorities"

Full story:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Dude-Wheres-My-Pot.html

I don't know why anyone would need 12 pounds for "medical related issues" - it would take me a year to smoke all that, and by that time most of it would probably be stale. Yuck.

#23578 - 04/20/09 06:04 PM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Meq Offline
Banned

That's what a freezer is for. Provided you don't mind smoking stuff which resembles soggy lettuce, and use it immediately after taking it out (the ice crystals break apart the trichromes, making it age faster at room temp).

The whole 420 thing is meaningless in the UK, it's a meaningless number to almost all - although Bristol's hydroponic shop and seed bank is, amusingly, just off the road called the A420...

#23912 - 04/30/09 12:28 PM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
KaosKrieg Offline
stranger

Loc: NYC, USA
Speaking from personal experience, weed holds up pretty well after time without freezing. It may be stale, but the effect remains.

Interesting semi-related tidbit: there was an episode of "Rosanne" where Dan and Rosanne find a 2 year old joint in the house and get high. If it's on T.V., it's gotta be true!

#24397 - 05/10/09 03:21 PM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: KaosKrieg]
Demosthysias Offline
stranger

marijuana only numbs, and dumbs the mind. in essence it makes you stupid. i have seen many, many very intelligent people go to shit because they couldn't finish a fucking sentence without taking a bong hit.

i, personally, don't get anything from it. i smoked it twice. and i hated it both times. i couldn't hold a conversation without forgetting what i was about to say, it was annoying.

#24411 - 05/10/09 06:29 PM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: Demosthysias]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I know many intelligent people who smoke pot. Like any other substance it only becomes a problem if you let it. Marijuana doesn't make people stupid, people make people stupid.

#24421 - 05/10/09 10:39 PM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: Demosthysias]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: Demosthysias
marijuana only numbs, and dumbs the mind. in essence it makes you stupid. i have seen many, many very intelligent people go to shit because they couldn't finish a fucking sentence without taking a bong hit.

Carl Sagan seemed intelligent, productive, ground breaking even. Not bad for a pot head.

I've seen people I know deteriorate with nothing but the intake of air over time. Not every brain is built the same.

~T~

#24425 - 05/11/09 02:16 AM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Tranceparent Sky Offline
stranger

I occasionally smoke pot, usually when I have nothing better to do (lame excuse I know). But whenever I write music while messed up, it sounds a little better because I'm more focused.

I honestly don't think it's that bad, but it does make it's way into the hands of a lot of dumbasses that decide to go driving around at night.

#24474 - 05/11/09 08:38 PM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: Tranceparent Sky]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
I personally feel that cannabis doesn't do any good for me. Last time I had anything related to it, I ended up being miserable for the whole weekend. So I cut it out of my life.

I would say that in my personal opinion, it's the user that is the problem and not the drug. I won't hold it against weed for what people have done that have smoked it or my own psychological problems that have come along after smoking it.

Although I'd definitely say that weed is only a key to unlocking the door of the true psyche of the individual, and not a cause of stupid behaviour. But hey; I'm just theorising here.

#24492 - 05/12/09 12:58 PM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: DistroyA]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
 Quote:
weed is only a key to unlocking the door of the true psyche of the individual

Bullshit. It's no more a key than masturbation.

Crutch, anyone?

If you "need" a drug in order to accomplish something, then instead of parading that around like it's something to be proud of, perhaps you should work on evolving yourself as a human a tad more (not speaking to you specifically here, but the general You).

That reminds me of when I worked at the post office. I was a rural carrier associate (that's a glorified title that means "fill in") and my regular was a born again. She told me the tale of how strung out she was and how her life was in tatters before she "found god" (I had no idea he was missing...) and my first thought was, "What? You can't do it on your own?"

If you have to depend on anything to get you by on a regular basis, it's a crutch. Whether it be religion, drugs, boy/girlfriend...ANYTHING. I never fail to be amazed that people parade around their dependency on such like there's pride to be had in not being able to carry out your life without the aid of same.

Weak.

#24496 - 05/12/09 02:12 PM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: ceruleansteel]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
True. But one could argue some of the greatest classics of culture came from "artists" under the influence. Hendrix, The Doors, Led Zepplin, Nirvana, Joplin. Classic movies, classic works of art, classic novels. Who is to say that without the aid of substances, these artists would have been able to create what they did? How much of a role did the substances play in their creative nature? Some of my best ideas have come after a few sips of alcohol. Conversely, some of my most embarassing ideas have come after a few sips of alcohol.

Would the Doors still be a recognized icon of music today if Jim had been sober the whole time? Or would the music and lyrics just be another footnote in history?

#24497 - 05/12/09 03:27 PM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: fakepropht]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Many artists have found their muse in the use of mind altering substances, but at the same time many have succumb to their addictions. A distinction must be made between use and abuse (indulgense vs compulsion).

I will not condemn anyone who wishes to engage in the use of recreational drugs but I have nothing but contempt for people who let drugs or any other "cructh" run their life.

I partied all throughout highschool but also attended class, did the work, and got good grades. I knew many people who tried to have the same lifestyle but were not able to balance work and play.

It has been said that drug addiction is a disease, but I do not believe that. Addiction is no more of a disease then pedophelia is. Polio is a disease, AIDS is a disease, addiction is nothing more than the mark of a weak willed individual.

#24498 - 05/12/09 03:46 PM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
SikPhil Offline
stranger

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
I couldn't agree more to your statement that "addiction is no more a disease than pedophilia" There are some serious diseases infiltrating our day to day life. The word disease used instead of addiction is used only for a reasonable excuse for abusing illegal narcotics. Legal ones for that matter. Some individuals are very weak willed and that is because of their surroundings as a child. We as a whole can not condemn anyone for their addictions.."diseases?"
#24504 - 05/12/09 07:38 PM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: ceruleansteel]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
I didn't mean that in a positive way either. I personally see weed as a negative thing personally. Hell, even alcohol and nicotine (Ironic how I'm still trying to quit smoking and continue to occasionally drink alcohol...). But hey, that's my opinion only.

*Shrugs*

#24509 - 05/12/09 10:56 PM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: ceruleansteel]
Mike Offline

Loc: Farmingdale, NY
 Quote:
Bullshit. It's no more a key than masturbation.

Crutch, anyone?

Masturbation and psychotropic drugs are two different things. And so what if pot is a crutch? That would refer to the fact that someone needs it medically. It's been known that most of the perscription drugs people take are more harmful than marijuana. Speaking from experience, it's a much safer alternative.

And all drugs are 'crutches' unless they are used recreationly. The only difference between taking zoloft or pot for depression, or vicodin and pot for pain and so on is that pot is illegal. Sure it's harmful to some extent, but compared to most other drugs that are prescribed by doctors pot is the miracle drug.

And I have to agree with DestroyA on this. I do feel that when I smoke pot I reach a higher level of thinking and am able to comprehend things and process thoughts on a whole new level.

Quote:
If you have to depend on anything to get you by on a regular basis, it's a crutch. Whether it be religion, drugs, boy/girlfriend...ANYTHING. I never fail to be amazed that people parade around their dependency on such like there's pride to be had in not being able to carry out your life without the aid of same.

Agreed. But what's wrong with that? Let's use a friend of mine for example. He's had the shittiest life you can imagine, family problems and such. He saw doctors over and over again until they finally got him on the right medication. I have to say he is doing a lot better with the medication.

Although the drugs are a crutch, they do help you walk.

#24510 - 05/12/09 11:10 PM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: Demosthysias]
Mike Offline

Loc: Farmingdale, NY
And you know this from only smoking 2 times? LOL! Well I guess it made one person stupid.

I've seen many very intelligent people who smoke pot all the time and still function normally. It's mearly an altered state of mind. You need to learn to function while you're stoned (if you're going to smoke often). If you're not going to use it that often then of course you're not going to get used to the feeling.

I HATE the whole "burnout" stereotype about people who smoke pot. There's a lot of people who smoke pot with good jobs and families to support.

Just putting this out there, before you make an idiotic post with poor grammer about something you obviously don't know anything about, at least check wikipedia or google.

Page 1 of 4 1234>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.