Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#24671 - 05/16/09 02:31 PM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: love.light.peace]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
I never said I did smoke pot. I just believe that if someone wants to do something that brings no harm to others then that is fine by me.

Last time I heard you in the video chat you were smoking a bong.. Now, I don't know what you might have put in it. But even so tobacco is also considered drugs..

Becoming an addict is automatically bringing harm to someone, ofcourse not in a direct way, but you can be considered as a rotten spot within society. And despite all the individuality one wants to represent, I'm part of society and thus you are annoying me indirectly... And I'm quite a bad person when annoyed.

Quote:
I find your obsession with ranking people strangely freudian in an anal-retentive parent pleasing kind of way.

Ranking people is part of ones social behaviour, it's natural. You might think whatever you want but for thusfar, you are ranking way below me..

#24675 - 05/16/09 03:41 PM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: Dimitri]
love.light.peace Offline
Trolling Hippy
stranger

As a sample of writing this has several faults. If we want to start ranking with another lets start with grammar.

Originally Posted By: Dimitri
Becoming an addict is automatically bringing harm to someone, ofcourse not in a direct way, but you can be considered as a rotten spot within society. And despite all the individuality one wants to represent, I'm part of society and thus you are annoying me indirectly... And I'm quite a bad person when annoyed.

You start two sentences with the word 'and'. Your sentence structure several contains 'run-ons' and you need to learn how to write a succinct sentence.

Edited by Meq (05/16/09 03:52 PM)
Edit Reason: Fixed quote and double post

#24678 - 05/16/09 03:54 PM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: love.light.peace]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

I got the excuse English ISN'T my mothertongue...
Altough I know proper knowledge of the English language is a must here, I'm quite sure most members don't seem to be bothered by it.

If it get's worse admins or other members just have to give a little ring.

But seeing you, using some grammar mistakes because you can't defend yourself against critics given on you personally, against me is just a sign of idiotism. Which is ANOTHER reason why you rank below me. I have been here for almost a year . YOU just entered here as a "newb" and are starting to act as if you are "one of the big ones".
Let me get this straight.. you aren't. If I was some random idiot, like most newbs who enter here, I was being kicked out long ago. The fact I'm still here means I've at least contributed something to the forums.

I might not be one of the more respectable green, blue or red members, but being here for quite some time without any ban at least is a proof of being above the average nutjob like you entering here.

Now I suggest you to keep your stupid comments to yourself unless you have something worthwhile to say. Otherwise: you are free to leave.
I'm not responding anymore to you, and I'm quite sure I wouldn't miss something.

#24679 - 05/16/09 03:56 PM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: love.light.peace]
Meq Offline
Banned

Originally Posted By: love.light.peace
As a sample of writing this has several faults. If we want to start ranking with another lets start with grammar.

Dimitri is from Belgium. How is your Dutch and Flemish?

Let's keep this on track please. Tread lightly.

#24685 - 05/16/09 07:04 PM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: love.light.peace]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
 Originally Posted By: love.light.peace
Dear Ceruleansteel,

I still find you amusing, and strangely alluring. I must have some kind of thing for females that exude power. If Condoleeza hit me up for a one night stand I'd find it hard to say no.

You seem to be obsessed with ranking people. You are damn right that it's my business whether I fuck a collie or not. That's if the collie is consenting and over 16 in dog years (What is that like three?).

I'm not saying that smoking pot is cool. I'm just saying that some people choose to do it and that would be their business.

I'm sorry if my posts aren't up to scratch - I didn't realise it was a competition. Calling me a hippy doesn't really sting that much. You say hippy like it's a bad thing.

Love, light and peace.

All that typing and you still did not answer my question(s).

Let's start with an easy one:

How does smoking pot make you a winner?

#24687 - 05/16/09 07:23 PM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: ceruleansteel]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
If the game is 'who smokes pot first' then smoking pot makes you a winner \:\)

But in all seriousness, many that smoke pot do turn into brainless lumps with no motivation. But so what really?

I find all the arguments against drug use to pale in scope when compared with the arguments against restricting peoples freedoms.

If what someone does isn't effecting you, it isn't a crime, nor is it your business. If someone wants to inject themselves with some bleach, it's their business, not mine, or yours.

Honestly, I find the preachy 'I know how to live life better than you' types to be far more of a nuisance than an entire army of potheads.

What matters is how someone performs. Results. The rest is nitpicking.

#24723 - 05/17/09 12:42 PM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: Dan_Dread]
love.light.peace Offline
Trolling Hippy
stranger

How does smoking pot make you a winner?

You need to define winner. If you smoke pot and come to a new realisation then that might be considered some kind of win. Maybe that realisation might be that smoking pot is for losers.

As aforementioned in this thread the smoking of pot could influence you creatively and in turn benefit you or others.

#24748 - 05/17/09 10:02 PM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: love.light.peace]
ceruleansteel Offline

Quote:
You need to define winner.

No, YOU need to define 'winner'. You are the one that said you believed smoking pot made you a winner, so YOU are the one that has to set the parameters and back up what you say. You have failed - so far - to do that.

"If" and "you might" and "maybe" does not make for a very impressive debate.

#24750 - 05/18/09 12:02 AM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: ceruleansteel]
Meq Offline
Banned

I think he is simply trying to assert the antithesis of "smoking pot makes one a loser", much like how those who march on 'gay pride' parades are trying to assert the antithesis of shame.

Kind of like a knee-jerk reaction from the uncomfortable to the feelgood.
In other words, winner feels better than loser, so it's better to believe apparently. ;\)

#24754 - 05/18/09 07:35 AM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: Meq]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Does smoking pot make you a winner? No. Does not smoking pot make you a winner? No. Is this thread going nowhere? I think so.

#24763 - 05/18/09 10:25 AM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
love.light.peace Offline
Trolling Hippy
stranger

Yes this is thread is hurtling towards utter pointlessness. I'm sure it's not the first or will it be the last.

Dear ceruleansteel,
I never said smoking pot makes you a winner. One of the rules of debating is that you can't just make shit up. You said that smoking pot makes you a loser and I disagreed. I know people that I would define as losers that smoke pot. I also know people that are successful, intelligent and charismatic that smoke pot.

You have a Randian way of viewing the world.

#24778 - 05/18/09 11:29 PM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: love.light.peace]
ceruleansteel Offline

I confess, I misunderstood your tone in the sentence and interpreted it in a different way than it was intended.

And I never said that smoking pot made you a loser, per se. I said that having a dependency on ANYTHING (including pot, as part of a list of examples) made you a loser.

But now that I understand the meaning of your statement: Yes. In a way, NOT smoking pot makes you more of a winner than smoking pot. All of your successful, intelligent friends would be ruined if they got caught with dope or failed a workplace drug test.

The point of this thread was not the casual smoker, but the ADDICT who is controlled by their dependence on ANYTHING, pot included, but not limited. But the casual smoker should reflect on whether or not his part time hobby would derail his life's work and his future successes, and whether or not the fun of the high outweighs the possibility of losing everything they have gained and will gain in the future.

I have a ceruleansteel way of viewing the world.

#24971 - 05/25/09 10:00 AM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Tranceparent Sky Offline
stranger

Side note, WHY is pot really illegal? Think of the money the government would be making if it was sold and taxed legally.

That should bring us out of debt.

#24974 - 05/25/09 12:03 PM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: Tranceparent Sky]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

The reason that Marijuana is illegal, in the US, is because in the 1930's hemp was on the fast track to replacing timber as the countries most lucerative cash crop. The fact that it could cheaply and effeciently be used to make everything from textiles to fuel for cars made it a threat to the DuPont company's profit margins.

So a smear campaign was launched against the plant. People were made to belive that smoking pot turned people into violent killers who would stop at nothing to get their next fix (see "Reefer Madness). The Office of National Drug Control Policy released sever fake findings on studies of the drug including one that said "Marijuana is directly causative to the crime of rape by negroes".

It was also said that smoking pot could lead to *gasp* listening to Jazz. The bullshit doesn't stop there. There was also the Marijuana Taxt Stamp Act of 1937 and a whole laundry list of other falsified statistics.

Yes legalizing and taxing Marijuana could bring in a lot of money, and that idea is nothing new; but, the government already makes a shitload of money by having it illegal. So don't hold your breath.

#24978 - 05/25/09 04:54 PM Re: Dude, Where's My Pot? [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
lefthanded Offline
stranger

Loc: Virginia,Us
 Originally Posted By: 6Satan6Archist6
Responsibility to the responsible, and, indulgence, not, compulsion.

I think the most important word there is responsibility. No, smoking pot does not make you a loser, but, if your entire life revolves around getting high; you are a loser.

Who are you to call someone a loser as humans what gives us a right to criticize others based on how they spend free time you are no better than a christian next you will say anyone who does this or that is goodor evil and what is your fucking standard on a winner in the situation so until we reach hell if you out rank people who smoke pot alot dont criticize us

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.