Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#2477 - 12/01/07 05:02 PM Re: What do you do to wind down? [Re: SSSnake]
jesusbeater Offline
pledge

Loc: Ireland
a nice joint, some aqua teen hunger force , x box 360, beating blind kids and mocking the disabled.

#2599 - 12/06/07 05:03 PM Re: What do you do to wind down? [Re: jesusbeater]
SSSnake Offline
pledge

Loc: PA. U.S.A.
Im with you there! LOL
D.L.B.

#3620 - 01/21/08 12:06 PM Re: What do you do to wind down? [Re: SSSnake]
Noc Offline
pledge

Loc: Delaware
I go sit in my attic in the dark with a small candle light in the distance and then just clear my mind from the mundane world. Then after that I might bang my wife a couple times to get even more relaxed to the point I can fall asleep
#3648 - 01/22/08 12:01 PM Re: What do you do to wind down? [Re: Noc]
TwistydMorticia Offline
stranger

Loc: England, United Kingdom
I listen to music, that is my all time No.1. I also enjoy a smoke, a beer, a bath, meditation and drawing. I love playing on my Playstation but at times I find it winds me up more than relaxes me so I avoid that when I am over stressed
#3737 - 01/31/08 04:51 PM Re: What do you do to wind down? [Re: Circus_Hell]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
 Originally Posted By: circushell
I am treating myself to a burlesque dancing course (for fun and fitness, not so much the career options) as the thought of joining a gym is just not fathomable for an old ballerina. Just the smell makes me nauseous, not to mention the posers and the mirrors. Yuk!!!!!!!!!!

I have an ebook I wrote a few years ago called "Lapdancing for Lovers", which is basically taking you, step by step, through how to put together a burlesque strip show for you partner at home. It's all the other stuff besides the actual moves. Send me a PM with you email addy and I'll send you the download link Mel.
xx

#3753 - 02/01/08 08:57 PM Re: What do you do to wind down? [Re: SSSnake]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
Hiking in the rain is wonderful.

~~352~~

#3802 - 02/03/08 01:30 AM Re: What do you do to wind down? [Re: Circus_Hell]
Meq Offline
Banned

To wind down, I like to play soft music, perhaps with some essential oils and incense (no, not Ta2zz' favorite kind!) and immerse myself in a good book, or one of a selection of thousands of retro computer games I got off the net.

Yoga is good, particularly yoga nidra and meditation.
Self-hypnosis is also an excellent way to unwind without getting wasted. ;\)

I also like tai chi (which can be pedantically formal though), chi kung, and reiki (bar some of the metaphysical mumbo-jumbo in these...)

I personally find Buddhist meditation (such as Zazen) a bit too ascetic for my taste - it's basically staring at a wall for hours on end. Although I've had some interesting experiences with that, I've decided to move onto other forms of meditation.

Tantric sex seems an interesting recreational activity ;\)

#3856 - 02/05/08 01:11 PM Re: What do you do to wind down? [Re: SSSnake]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
Heh, it seems that I cannot keep a continuous state of relaxation for very long these days.

But, in general, I like to paint. Mind you, I get more energy if I'm painting an idea that keeps evolving. I don't relax, but I certainly don't get stressed out by it.

Music also helps me relax, unless I've got too much on my mind. Whenever this happens, I prefer to get closure on whatever issue is bothering me. Then I can enjoy things like music and art.

Another thing that can either relax or stress me out is video-games. This depends on how badly designed a game is or how difficult it is. Mind you, I'm starting to learn not to get stressed out with games and either a) work out a strategy for a certain obstacle, or b) if it stresses me out, I switch the machine off, and try again later.

The internet can be quite relaxing for me also. Then there is the option of watching any of my DVDs on my iMac (the devil's personal computer no less.... XD). Comedy is the best for me to watch.

And then there is the smoking and drinking. I use to smoke cannabis, but I just stick to booze and cigarettes (more on the whole weed thing another time).

Shit, I'm long winded. Time to let someone else give their input on the subject.

#3874 - 02/05/08 08:09 PM Re: What do you do to wind down? [Re: Circus_Hell]
Sven Offline
stranger

I enjoy a weekly round of Sensory Devprivation usually a key wind down time for me. Dangerous, yes but anything is dangerous if you make it so. Also its rather hard to beat playing my flute or sitting down with a good book. Watching movies really helps too, I mainly like to watch some sort of Masterpeace Theatre or Quills.

#4224 - 02/14/08 05:59 AM Re: What do you do to wind down? [Re: SSSnake]
LVYN Offline
lurker

I relax best when just sitting in a quiet room, with the sun shining through the window on the interior, with some tranquil classic/gothic music on the feeling is almost orgasmic. \:D

#4226 - 02/14/08 06:24 AM Re: What do you do to wind down? [Re: Circus_Hell]
DaVinci Offline

Loc: Australia
I go to the range, go for a swim or do some PT. Depends on my mood. I do enjoy sitting down on the computer and relaxing (which is what I'm doing right now) and just browsing the Internet looking for people doing stupid things, or finding out the latest news from my nation or overseas to keep myself up to date.

If I'm not in the mood for any of that, I'll sit back, play the guitar and listen to some music - or go for a drive.

#4328 - 02/18/08 11:07 PM Re: What do you do to wind down? [Re: DaVinci]
Kit Offline
lurker

Loc: Iowa
I generally listen to music to wind down, but then again, I'm always listening to music.
Gardening, Cooking, and Painting are some favorites.
I find climbing trees, and being close to nature to be very relaxing. I love playing in the rain.

Without Wax,
Kit.

#27109 - 07/15/09 08:26 AM Re: What do you do to wind down? [Re: SSSnake]
Emily Offline
stranger

Loc: north wales, U.K
i listen to some music on my ipod, once the earphones are in im in a world of my own. Just lying down and listening to the bands you like and not paying any attention to whats going on is really relaxing.

Other than that i play on my playstation 2. im not very good at the war games but just getting the wheel and putting on a good racing game is the best, or just relaxing and go on easy and put on guitar heroes 3.

I used to just take my rabbit out onto the garden and watch him for abit, but he died a couple of months ago so i cant do that anymore.

Oh, and at night is so relaxing, when the sky darkens and the sun disappears, i just sit on my trampoline with some musics on and its real nice.

#27110 - 07/15/09 08:32 AM Re: What do you do to wind down? [Re: Kit]
Emily Offline
stranger

Loc: north wales, U.K
 Originally Posted By: Kit
I generally listen to music to wind down, but then again, I'm always listening to music.
Gardening, Cooking, and Painting are some favorites.
I find climbing trees, and being close to nature to be very relaxing. I love playing in the rain.

Without Wax,
Kit.

i love drawing, thats another good way of relaxing that i forgot to put in my post. going out in the rain is nice too, especially without the wax. hearing the rain drops splash on the ground is a nice sound (if its not pouring down) just soothing rain

#27114 - 07/15/09 11:06 AM Re: What do you do to wind down? [Re: Emily]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
I don't know if this would be called relaxing, but it is to me.

I watch poker shows and I disect them. I'll watch people play for navel lint, coffee grounds, or $1mil. My wife makes me watch upstairs, as it annoying. I will pause the show, and try to figure out what the next step for a player is. I have the advantage of seeing their cards, but I try to shut that out. Some players I know so well, I know what they will do before they do. I also like to close my eyes, and hear what each player is doing. Then I try to get a read on what their hand might be. Pause the tv, and see if I was correct, based on what happened. It might be odd to some, but it helps improve my game.

Music. Always music. Anything from Sinatra to Lamb of God.

Sports on tv. Though that usually has the opposite effect and instead of winding down, I am aggitated. Especially when I have put a bet in on an outcome, and it isn't happening. Nothing worse than picking a 10-1 horse that you just know will win, based on research and opinion, and watching it finish last.

Play with my cats. They can be so entertaining. Each one has a different personality. Often, I will have a cat in my lap just snoozing away. I have 3 females, and they view me as the alpha male. So each vies for attention from me. The youngest will bring me "gifts". The middle one will parade around in front of me until I signal that it's ok to hop in my lap. The oldest just hops up and does as she pleases.

BBQ on a warm day. Nothing is better to me that the smell of smoke coming from the grill, some music in the background, and a cold beer in my hand. Sitting on the deck, sipping a beer, smoking a cigar, listening to tunes, and tending to the beast and veggies that are doing their thing on the Q. If someone could capture that smell in a perfume bottle, I would buy a case.

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.