Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#71159 - 09/22/12 05:55 AM Re: What do you do to wind down? [Re: Circus_Hell]
maha666 Offline
stranger

At the end of the day i like to take a shower,drink a few cups of tea, sit at my table and play a few online games
i do my best to clear my mind about the events of the day, i sometimes like to listen to some loud music i have listened to over the years to relive some of my past when things were good, i reflect on the challendges i have overcome and look at the huddles i have to jump to become a better being.

#71192 - 09/23/12 08:30 AM Re: What do you do to wind down? [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
seekswisdom Offline

Loc: California,U.S.
I used to go to the gym, to relieve stress, but then I realized how much more profitable exercise was just working outside. I always firgured why exercise without getting something else accomplished, so I planted a bunch of different vegetables last spring and stayed busy all summer. I actually think gardening is the most effective way for me to unwind and stay in shape, it was both relaxing and satisfying. I also prefer being in a quiet room without anything on and reading an interesting book.
#72202 - 10/26/12 10:56 PM Re: What do you do to wind down? [Re: seekswisdom]
Noiitekk Offline
stranger

Pour a gin & tonic, turn up some music, and clean my armaments with my pup. Nothing I love better than that when it comes to relaxing.
#72233 - 10/28/12 04:31 AM Re: What do you do to wind down? [Re: Circus_Hell]
tonyB Offline
stranger

Loc: North Carolina
Glass of wine (cabernet sauvignon), a good book, some Rachmaninov and my pups stretched out around me -----I'm good.
#87869 - 05/22/14 09:05 PM Re: What do you do to wind down? [Re: SSSnake]
cut me inside Offline
stranger

Loc: Australian citizen
my usual relaxation involves a breathing technique I learnt where you breath in a colour of your choice that feels good to you and breathe out the opposite imagining that the good colour is rushing through you. Pushing all bad negativity out of your body and evaporating through your mouth and palms of your hands. It works for me but I'm not sure with others.

#91343 - 07/31/14 10:39 PM Re: What do you do to wind down? [Re: SSSnake]
cut me inside Offline
stranger

Loc: Australian citizen
Well to calm myself I often use an anti anxiety technique to remove the excess fuel burning through my body like pulling on a chair while sitting on it or just square breathing. Otherwise I just play my Bass Gtr burn stuff or write further chapters in my Journal.

#93433 - 10/02/14 08:42 PM Re: What do you do to wind down? [Re: Circus_Hell]
600Advocate Offline
stranger

Loc: Texas
I like to come home visit with my dog and sit down in a dark room that's quiet with some coffee and cigarettes, listening to tool's disposition to calm me down. I want to put a star projector in there and then it'd be perfect.

#94108 - 11/04/14 10:13 PM Re: What do you do to wind down? [Re: 600Advocate]
BaronVonShankly Offline

Loc: London
Go to the gym, train various martial arts I find that it's a great way to relive the tension of the day. I find being pissed off for hours then going full bore at a punch bag or a sparring partner releases so much anger which allows me to calm down.
#94117 - 11/05/14 04:22 PM Re: What do you do to wind down? [Re: BaronVonShankly]
JamesSTL Offline

Loc: St. Louis
Sex, hot shower, reading, slumber. In that order. That usually does the trick.

I have found that if the stresses of civilization become too overbearing, a day spent in the forest does wonders for the soul.

There is something to be said about the exercise of hunter-gatherer instincts in the human well-being equation. Indulging in hiking, foraging, hunting, fishing, and rough camping is very fulfilling to me.

I don't think you're ever quite alive like when you are wrist-deep in an animal's entrails, then cooking that animal on an open fire. Being actively involved in the procurement of a food source is invigorating.

If you eat meat, I highly recommend it.

#94242 - 11/15/14 03:04 PM Re: What do you do to wind down? [Re: JamesSTL]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

This was an interesting walk through the past rereading the old posts in this thread.

I haven't changed much since my last thought on the subject. I have filled my shop with so much dried eucalyptus it was overpowering at first.

Being a being of the forest myself I realize I haven't spent any time in the woods in a very longtime. I need to give myself a day before the snow hits. Its also been awhile since Ive perforated flesh with an ink laden needle. I've been enjoying an early semi-retirement at 48.

The street I live on has gone from a very quiet road to a highly used always busy street in the last 15-20 years. To totally relax now I have been using recordings of white noise to erase the sounds of the outside world. I have found many 4-10 hour recordings on YouTube of various fans and air conditioning units that work well for this purpose.

~T~

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.268 seconds of which 0.242 seconds were spent on 23 queries. Zlib compression disabled.