Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#23795 - 04/26/09 03:30 PM Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven
Tommy Offline
stranger

About a year ago I was at home with some friends going through some Zeppelin videos on YouTube, when one particular video named «Led Zeppelin – Greatest Secret» came to my attention. The video claims that there’s a subliminal Satanic message in the legendary classic Stairway To Heaven. At the time I wasn't familiar with the appropriate term to desginate my life's philosophy but now that I know I'm a Satanist I can't find any relation between it and the song's secret.

At some point of the song, the lyrics go like this:
«If there’s a bustle in your hedgerow
Don’t be alarmed now
It’s just a spring clean for the may queen
Yes there are two paths you can go by
But in a long run
There’s still time to change the road you’re on.»

And when you play this part of the song backwards you can almost clearly hear:
«Oh here’s to my sweet Satan
The one who’s little path
Would make me sad
Whose power is Satan?
He’ll give those with him 666
There was a little tool shed
Where he made us suffer sad Satan.»

This is no scam as I downloaded an audio editing program and played it backwards myself only to hear the same result.

Now, if you’re a die-hard Zeppelin fan, you know that there are many rumors about Jimmy Page’s relations to Satanism, Occultism and the teachings of Aleister Crowley. And at the beginning of the song you can hear Robert Plant singing «And you know sometimes words have two meanings», yet denying that any of this was made on purpose.

I’d like to know your opinions on the Satanic origins (and do not restrain yourselves to LaVeyan Satanism as I’m not really sure if the guitarist was rumored to be a Modern Satanist or a Theistic one) of this revealed secret or its connection with Aleister Crowley’s readings (with which i'm not familiar).

Check the video on YouTube.

#23797 - 04/26/09 04:50 PM Re: Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven [Re: Tommy]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Watch this http://www.the600club.com/topic23062-1.html what are your opinions on this? Do you think subliminal backtracking was also put into the Presidents speech?

Now after seeing that is Obama a modern or a traditionalist? Can it be just like our brains like to see faces, while listening to backwards speaking the human brain tries to find recognizable patterns?

~T~

This should be in 101...

#23800 - 04/26/09 05:20 PM Re: Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven [Re: ta2zz]
Tommy Offline
stranger

The human brain does try to find recognizable patterns. However, while on the Presidents speech only two words are said to have a subliminal message, in the song you have full backward sentences pronounced more clearly than the backward words on the Obama's speech. And then there are the rumors mentioned above.

Anyway, your psychological theory is most likely correct, and I also had considered it.

When I posted this topic I was also hoping to find someone who could prove Jimmy Page (one of the biggest influences on my music) to be a fellow Satanist. I guess I asked this questions 40% as a Satanist and 60% as Zeppelin fan.

#24039 - 05/02/09 07:16 PM Re: Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven [Re: Tommy]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
I doubt that you are going to find much PROOF of anything on this site. That is why personaly stories about famous people one has met/fucked/fucked over are discouraged, as they can't really be authenticated.

I think that Ta2zz is well on the right path with this thread, it should be in 101 and, well, people tend to hear what they want when it comes to everything from backwards lyrics, to speaking in tongues and words in chants.

Zeppilin was a great band, and Robert Plant is still alive, so why don't you go ask him if he is a Satanist or Christian, you'd have a much better chance of him telling you the truth, than you would have of uncovering some conspiricy on the600 club.

Good luck

Zeph

#24177 - 05/04/09 08:51 PM Re: Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven [Re: Tommy]
Mercury_Templar Offline
93 93/93

Loc: Cabarita, Vic, Australia
Jimmy is a Thelemic Hermeticist, much in the same way I am. While I consider myself to be a Satanist, I am not sure Jimmy would describe himself as such. Crowley never considered himself a Satanist either, and he is responsible for codifying Thelema as a system of attaining enlightenment.

On the subject of back-masking: you do not need to reverse StH in order to get the true meaning out of it. Hell, my middle-school English students can do that with a little direction. Other than that, I agree with Tazo – he is a cunning pog.

M.'.T.'.
VE-GEDULAH
LE-OLAM
AMEN

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.