Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#2584 - 12/06/07 04:23 AM Re: Communist = Evil?! [Re: TornadoCreator]
September26th Offline
lurker

Loc: Midwestern United States
This thread brought to mind the Satanic Reds:
http://www.geocities.com/satanicreds/

There are at least a few interesting and thought provoking items there, but for me, anything much deeper than a superficial delving quickly makes them seem muddled, contradictory, and downright screwy. And at the risk of coming across as an idealist or romantic, one initial impression I came away with was, "Ugh -- why would anyone want to sully and demean something as lofty and incisive as Satanism by entwining it so thoroughly with something as lowly and repulsive as politics??".

#2608 - 12/06/07 08:20 PM Re: Communist = Evil?! [Re: TornadoCreator]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
I really wanted to give your post a good and proper 'analysis.' I really don't have that sort of time right now. However... I do want to address the core of the problem of Communism.

Communism and the group think of Marx fails, in all of it's forms, because it rejects human nature as the motivator of human activity. To wit:

Quote:
What if everyone working full time was given 500 ($1000 USA) per month regardless of the job they do. Half (250) for part timers, disabled and students (meaning a student with a part time job or someone disabled with a part time job gets the full amount). 150 for the unemployed with laws that state you must work if we find you a job your capable of doing. This would mean everyone has money for food and luxuries based on what they provide the community and everything else is provided for them. I think this would solve a lot of the problems in todays society.

What do people think?

And who says that your labor is worth even one red cent? Honestly, think about it. Why do people give you money? What to you give back to the person giving you money?

Perhaps I do more work than you. If I have a better work ethic and produce more goods and services shouldn't I get more money for it?

When the State controls the price of labor, the productive people have no incentive to produce. People only work just hard enough to keep up appearance. In the old East Bloc countries the workers had a saying "We pretend to work and they pretend to pay us." The reason the old USSR has stores with no goods, long lines, and tight rationing is because there was no economic incentive to work any harder then absolutely necessary. Even if you did a better job you would not make more money so why try?

Communism is the pipe dream of the lazy and incompetent.

#3770 - 02/02/08 12:35 PM Re: Communist = Evil?! [Re: Fist]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
 Originally Posted By: Fist
I really wanted to give your post a good and proper 'analysis.' I really don't have that sort of time right now. However... I do want to address the core of the problem of Communism.

Communism and the group think of Marx fails, in all of it's forms, because it rejects human nature as the motivator of human activity. To wit:

Quote:
What if everyone working full time was given 500 ($1000 USA) per month regardless of the job they do. Half (250) for part timers, disabled and students (meaning a student with a part time job or someone disabled with a part time job gets the full amount). 150 for the unemployed with laws that state you must work if we find you a job your capable of doing. This would mean everyone has money for food and luxuries based on what they provide the community and everything else is provided for them. I think this would solve a lot of the problems in todays society.

What do people think?

And who says that your labor is worth even one red cent? Honestly, think about it. Why do people give you money? What to you give back to the person giving you money?

Perhaps I do more work than you. If I have a better work ethic and produce more goods and services shouldn't I get more money for it?

When the State controls the price of labor, the productive people have no incentive to produce. People only work just hard enough to keep up appearance. In the old East Bloc countries the workers had a saying "We pretend to work and they pretend to pay us." The reason the old USSR has stores with no goods, long lines, and tight rationing is because there was no economic incentive to work any harder then absolutely necessary. Even if you did a better job you would not make more money so why try?

Communism is the pipe dream of the lazy and incompetent.

Damn Fist, we got lots in common.

Communism is a very beautiful concept, like world peace is, but it simply goes against human nature. Why the hell do I want to work my ass off for myself and some lazy bastard who doesn't work as hard as i do, especially if I have a family to feed? People are selfish. You can't go against human nature. even with all its teachings of Love and brotherhood mankind has used Christianity and Islam to slaughter and kill, exploit, and use. Communism was no different. Nothings changes but the name, the game is the same. Russian peasents worked their asses off while getting run over by the Tsar... some group of smooth talker came and made promises to these peasents... gained power, and the "people" end up in the same situation: working their asses off and getting run over by officials... they didn't like that any more so the adopted democracy... and the "Citizens" are still in the same shit hole: working their asses off to stay alive and getting run over by officials; except now they're also getting fucked up the ass by mobsters in official costume. Same shit in China.

~~352~~

#3830 - 02/03/08 09:59 PM Re: Communist = Evil. [Re: Nemesis]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
Here a question:

Does social nonconformity go against human nature?

~~352~~

#3832 - 02/04/08 07:23 AM Re: Communist = Evil. [Re: LUCIFERIFIC]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Yes, I think it does to a certain extent.

The majority of people like to consider themselves as "individuals", separate from the whole, while maintaining a social network of friends, family and acquaintances that reinforces that instinctive need to herd. That's a normal and healthy thing for most of us.

It only starts to go against the grain of our nature when it's taken to extremes--isolating oneself from everyone will start to carve paths and ideas the brain wouldn't normally take/make on its own. In the end this only reinforces the individual's separation from others of its species, and you're left with that crazy "Man on the Mountain" type of person that will never be able to integrate into society or have so-called "normal" interactions with other humans.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.