Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#24282 - 05/08/09 10:03 AM Re: How to be ordained [Re: Fist]
ParadiseLost51 Offline
stranger

Loc: Ohio
 Originally Posted By: Fist
Amen Brother Jake! Preach it from the mountain top!

It seems these days every asshat who shops at Hot Topic wants some sort of inflated title.

To answer the young feller's question - why do you want to belong or run any church? Think about it. Why is that important to you? There in lies your answer...
like i said, I'm not sure, but I just want to get like minded people together. That's it. I don't want power, I just feel like I need one before I go starting things

#24287 - 05/08/09 01:08 PM Re: How to be ordained [Re: ParadiseLost51]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

You're a kid; like minded people in your case grow like bananas on a tree. It's not as if you have to join a church or whatever to encounter them, when I go outside now, I can point out about fifty in the next ten minutes.

If you really want to get somewhere, start digging. Dig into knowledge out there, dig into yourself. Realize that at this moment you are a product of society and as such, you are basically worthless. To yourself and to us. Yes I know, you think you are special and that is what society out there tells you; it is ok to be what you are. You are perfect as you are. Being is sufficient. It's the big lie; the attitude you adapt that makes you a nice little bitch fulfilling only their requirements and demands. Yes, they won't disrupt your illusion but nevertheless it is an illusion.

The sooner you realize you are worthless, the faster you can start doing something about it. Calling yourself a satanist, joining churches or aspiring grand titles is not doing something about it. The real work lies else. If I have to explain to you where it lies, I fear you won't find it.

D.

#24290 - 05/08/09 01:32 PM Re: How to be ordained [Re: Diavolo]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
Realize that at this moment you are a product of society and as such, you are basically worthless. To yourself and to us. Yes I know, you think you are special and that is what society out there tells you; it is ok to be what you are. You are perfect as you are. Being is sufficient. It's the big lie; the attitude you adapt that makes you a nice little bitch fulfilling only their requirements and demands. Yes, they won't disrupt your illusion but nevertheless it is an illusion.

The "big sobering up" is when you actually leave school, notice other "special people" also think they are special, start noticing their nothing more then a number trying to evade the little gum I call economy/society from whiping your ass out.

While being at school or with your parents you are under protection. Once it's finished the spanking can begin..

also; being around with like-minded people is but a mere illusion. If we were like-minded I wouldn't disagree with opinions other members have. We simply are different. the only thing that binds us is a common interest... and there it ends.

keep in mind that:

Edited by Dimitri (05/08/09 01:33 PM)

#24442 - 05/11/09 10:46 AM Re: How to be ordained [Re: Dimitri]
ParadiseLost51 Offline
stranger

Loc: Ohio
All valuable information indeed. I thank you all gratefully.
Perhaps you are all right and that the real work isn't going to start yet and that I need to focus on preparing myself for when it comes.
I thank you all.

#24501 - 05/12/09 04:30 PM Re: How to be ordained [Re: ParadiseLost51]
imagodhater Offline
stranger

Loc: Now:Ft Bragg, NC-Soon Germany
Wow, seems to me that no matter how much knee time you don't enjoy you sure seemed to have been getting plenty of ass time during this entire discussion. I swear, I could write a novel on the things that are said in one of these forums. Someone asks a question and as each person responds they feed on each other getting more and more bitchy and anal about their responses. It's like a horror movie where the people doing the tormenting are just down right annoying...makes you want to reach through the screen and rip everyone of their fucking throats out! I'd say...for your sake kid...you'd better research your feeble questions on the web and other resources and come to this site prepared to be a responder not a question asker. People here (and I will most definately be one of them) love ripping into the ignorant so don't be one! I truly love how respectfully evil people can be, if only everyone acted like this we would be a planet of mother-in-laws on the rag 24/7/365 ;-)!

#85222 - 02/21/14 01:33 PM Re: How to be ordained [Re: imagodhater]
UniversalSatanic Offline
stranger

Loc: Europe
If you want to legally married a Satanic couple or you have a satanic burial.

Ordination could come in handy maybe.

the ULC does ordination on any believe or philosophy

ULC.net

#85234 - 02/22/14 12:24 AM Re: How to be ordained [Re: ParadiseLost51]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
This thread raises all sorts of legal questions and technicalities. [It predates my visits to 600C, so I haven't seen it before.]

First, any religious institution does not "do" legal things like marriages. These take effect with the civil government license action. What RIs do is rather to "solemnize" them. Such a ceremony can be signed off by a RI official, or by a justice of the peace in Las Vegas (with Elvis as Best Man, perhaps), by a clerk at city hall, etc. Sometimes such a formalization can then be recorded along with the license. Or the bride & groom can probably arrange to formalize it themselves.

At least back in 1970 in Louisville, KY a RI priest or minister needed a court license to do such soleminzations. This required documentation of ordination in the RI in question, and a statement by the court that the RI p/m was of good moral character, etc. I obtained this license in order to perform Church of Satan marriages in the Nineveh Grotto, and the license is reproduced in my Church of Satan.

Other states/communities were not so formal. Anton solemnized marriages in San Francisco with not needing such a license.

As for the legal standing of Gilmore's "Church of Satan" business today, that is an interesting question. The CoS was incorporated as a nonprofit religion in 1971 (CoS Appendix #156), but never obtained either California or federal tax-exemption as such, and by the mid-80s had clearly violated its Articles by functioning - per Anton's and Diane's sworn court testimony, as a business partnership or sole proprietorship. Subsequent to such testimony, a California Superior Court judge ordered the Church dissolved and its assets split between them - again establishing its status [and now termination] as simply a for-profit business. (CoS Chapter #37). That Densley and Gilmore have continued to update its contact information with the California Secretary of State each year just means that no one had bothered to make a legal issue of this. So the "Church" today is just a private business.

This notwithstanding, the question of its religious authenticity ultimately turns on its beliefs, commitments to/authority from its deity, etc. Thus Judaism and its various Christian spinoffs all believe in JHVH and in his granting of authority to form an RI, ordain clergy, and etc. Things get a little fuzzier in various non/JC RIs like Buddhism & Hinduism, but generally you trace it back to a Big Mommy or Daddy somewhere up/out there. If you don't, then what you really have is just an interpersonal club with a common interest, like the Ferrari Club of America.

So if you want to buy a card in the "Church of Satan" business today, understand first of all that it's a club [since post-1975 it has adamantly denied the existence of Satan]. Then if you have a desire to be a "priest" in it, you'd have to figure out just what that title means, if anything. Normally one is a priest or priestess of a divine being, representing and/or speaking/acting on behalf of same among humanity. If you can't honestly say you're being/doing that, then the title is meaningless. [If you want to try redefining it to other people, go ahead, but be prepared for it to come across as a torturously silly effort to claim an irrelevant dignity.]

In that sense it all comes back to the basic question, previously & periodically kicked about in 600C, as to what "Satanism" is: a metaphysical religion centered around belief in/dedication to a real Satan, or, more commonly today, a type of individualistic hedonism which affects "Satan"/"Satanism" just for spooky glamor. If your Satanism is of this latter type, then as easily as you call yourself a satanist you can call yourself a satanic priest or priestess, or any other title for that matter.

#87634 - 05/16/14 09:43 AM Re: How to be ordained [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
UniversalSatanic Offline
stranger

Loc: Europe
Well marriage in the Netherlands , can only be done by an civil government official.
All other religious and ceremonial marriages are just for the couple themselves.
But none the less important.

#87639 - 05/16/14 11:12 AM Re: How to be ordained [Re: UniversalSatanic]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
It really depends on each state. For example, in Virginia, the requirements are pretty basic. Technically, I'm a Humanist Minister. If I want to perform a marriage, since I don't have a 'church' or active 'congregation', all I have to do is appear before the Judge to get sworn in. It's a pain in the ass, to take a trip to the court house but I usually don't get any grief over it. It's all just a technicality. This ensures that when I sign the marriage certificate, and the married couple files it with the state it's legitimized.

I've married pagans, Vampires, Satanists, fairies, you name it. I don't do a lot of advertising about it. I'm not in the marriage business. I figure, I can offer an alternative and I'm able. The theatrics can be a lot of fun too.

Out of all the weddings I've done, I'd say the Vampire one was the most fun. All very Gothic and Bram Stoker. It included the bride & groom exchanging blood vows and all that kitschy stuff.

At any rate, every state has a website with marriage requirements. You don't even really need to be ordained if it's a one-time thing. The Ordainment is really if you plan on conducting ceremonies on a regular basis that are typically performed by a clergy person. A private citizen can perform a marriage and even officiate over a memorial. Just check with your state's requirements.

A local gal here was denied as a 'Pagan Priestess' because she failed to meet the state requirements. There was an article about on The Wild Hunt, she was referred to me because I didn't seem to have any trouble and people know I identify as pagan/Satanist. The girl was just daft, so I didn't go out of my way to help her.

The last time I was sworn in along side a Baptist Minister. The judge approved mine but denied his. The reason was (as far as I could tell), he had relocated from North Carolina and did not yet have a Church or Congregation set up in Virginia (it was less than 30 days). The judge meets with you first privately, then in the court room. I'm not sure of the details of their private convo but it must have been enough for her to deny his application. She just asked me some basic questions about my certification and done. Took all of 3 minutes. She didn't even bat an eye-lash at the fact that I was a Satanist about to marry some pagans. heh It was all rather secular.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.024 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 22 queries. Zlib compression disabled.