Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#24613 - 05/14/09 11:36 PM Re: I'm ashamed....(graphic content) [Re: Fist]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
I think the main thing people get upset with is the stupidity of the images. It forces them to think.

Yes, this country has tortured, run secret missions, and abused way too many laws, but usually it was done more discreetly.

The jailers look in the photos just like the drunken tit flashing drunks at spring break. They all think its all good, it doesn't mean anything, and nothing will come back to bite their ass.

It is just the more photos and stories that come out, the more like stupid bullies we look, with not a drop of intelligence or common sense.

If necessary write up reports to document what was done and why, but photos, a resounding NO.
Shit, didn't these idiots learn anything from world war 2?

Like I said, if you are going to torture someone, do it right...

Morgan

#24667 - 05/16/09 12:09 PM Re: I'm ashamed....(graphic content) [Re: Nightmare]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Nightmare
War is a sick thing pieces of led are shot at each other and bombs are made to destroy each other it is nasty and it is wrong...

I'm not exactly sure how one can make the argument that war is "wrong". I see it as neither right, wrong, good or bad - it just is. People are violent and greedy animals by nature so warfare and other types of fighting are a by product of that.

As to torture, well, all is fair in love and war - but war is hell. I look at these people much like the kid who apologizes for stealing money out of mom's purse. They aren't sorry that they committed the act, they are sorry they got caught.

Every country uses torture, whether it is used to gain vital intel, to demoralize the enemy or to sate the sadistic tendencies of the people implimenting these methods of "interrogation" doesn't really matter.

People act shocked that this happened, but deep down inside they new it was going on, they just don't want it shoved in their face. Much like how images of war are rarely shown on American television because the reality of warfare is too much to handle. Out of sight, out of mind.

The biggest problem that I see with using torture as a means of getting information is that you can't always trust the information that you get. If you subjected me to enough torture you could probably get me to admit to killing and burying Jimmy Hoffa, despite the fact I wasn't even close to being alive then.

Edited by 6Satan6Archist6 (05/16/09 12:20 PM)
Edit Reason: added last paragraph

#25375 - 06/05/09 08:52 AM Re: I'm ashamed....(graphic content) [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
satipera Offline
stranger

Loc: Europe, Wiltshire
There are two issues that bother me about this torture, both the direct and the subcontracted torture. The first is the lack of accountability of the politicians at the very top who initiated this policy and then convicted a few patsies. The second is why if torture is not wrong is it all done in secret and politicians pretend that they abhor it?

#25377 - 06/05/09 11:10 AM Re: I'm ashamed....(graphic content) [Re: satipera]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Any politician worth his salt is going to say one thing, and do another behind closed doors. It's simply how they work. Hence their bad reputation. They present a face to the public that is honest and trustworthy, concerned about "the little guy", hardworking, blah blah blah, and meanwhile sign Senate bills to fuck over the country and put more money into their pocket.

That part is easy to understand.

I just think the methods that were used in these instances were wasteful. Torture should be done by pros who have done their research on breaking points and extracting valid information, not moronic Army personnel that take pictures of each other giving the thumbs up next to a hooded, naked Arab strapped to a wall.

#31148 - 11/02/09 10:12 PM Re: I'm ashamed....(graphic content) [Re: Nemesis]
frazier Offline
stranger

Loc: daphne,alabama,us
as a country i think we should all be ashamed at the humiliation in this homo erotica.i just think of the don't ask don't tell policy...while corporal "fag basher" sits back and touches himself to this.it would be more civilized to brutally torture(and probably more effective)these people.i honestly think all of this has gone to far.the war,our politicians,and the public's general willingness to look away as if it a patriotic homage to those who died in the wtc attacks...this just prove the distress and urgent attention needed to be addressed about civil rights,what ever the hell that means anymore.
#31153 - 11/02/09 11:40 PM Re: I'm ashamed....(graphic content) [Re: frazier]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Could you please at least try to type in a readable and coherent manner? Proper capitalization and punctuation help tremendously.

As for "brutal torture" being "more effective", I really doubt it. As has already been stated in this thread people will admit to anything if they are tortured enough and regardless if there is anything to admit or not.

#31191 - 11/03/09 07:53 PM Re: I'm ashamed....(graphic content) [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
Oh, and calling someone a "fucking queer" as a term of abuse isn't very civilized. I AM a fucking queer and didn't expect to find the language of the schoolyard on a Satanic board.

#31193 - 11/03/09 08:08 PM Re: I'm ashamed....(graphic content) [Re: Nemesis]
Ankhhape Offline
Banned
pledge

Nemesis,

I decided to comment before I read the entire thread in order to be non-biased as to what the others might have said.

My major gripe here is that none of us know the actuality of these pics, the psyop reasoning behind this treatment or any other 'whys' as to what is going on here.

There is usually a bigger picture than what we are privy to.

#31195 - 11/03/09 08:41 PM Re: I'm ashamed....(graphic content) [Re: Ankhhape]
Nemesis Offline

I agree, Ankhhape, but my original post was that of a sarcastic nature. As in, "If the US is going to "torture" detainees, at least do it with some class."

I really don't believe there was any real rationale behind these pictures, other than a bunch of cooped-up, bored Army men (and women) who had nothing better to do. Maybe they were trying to prove they were better than the Marines? I don't know, nor do I care, as it's really irrelevant at this point. Whomever released these may have had a stratagem to discredit the US military abroad, or it may have been of a more personal nature. Maybe these Army guys did some homo-erotic hazing on some new recruits, and one of the recruits had a chance to pay them back, with interest?

#31196 - 11/03/09 08:52 PM Re: I'm ashamed....(graphic content) [Re: felixgarnet]
Perdidot Offline
stranger

From a fellow fucking queer:

It seems that Iraq and Afghanistan are hotbeds of tourism for combatants who know to make the most of an accountability-free zone. There's a wicked trend of sexual confusion, rape and slavery from the likes of Halliburton and their security ilk.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2009/09/animal-house-afghanistan

Senator Al Franken defends ladies from rape, Republicans disapprove.

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/notion/485424/franken_s_anti_rape_amendment

Dyncorp uses human beings for labor and pleasure.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0512270176dec27,0,1632557.story

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=DynCorp

*Laughs and wipes a little tear from his eye* I love my country

Edited by Perdidot (11/03/09 09:28 PM)

#31197 - 11/03/09 09:06 PM Re: I'm ashamed....(graphic content) [Re: Nemesis]
Ankhhape Offline
Banned
pledge

Gotcha! I see your point here, I agree. Sickening degradations of life I would think, not a Satanic way to be.
#31198 - 11/03/09 10:38 PM Re: I'm ashamed....(graphic content) [Re: Ankhhape]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
"Sickening degradations of life I would think, not a Satanic way to be."

Why not?

Some are born to serve, and need to be on their knees.

Morgan

#31199 - 11/03/09 10:56 PM Re: I'm ashamed....(graphic content) [Re: Morgan]
felixgarnet Offline

Yes, and some who stand degrade themselves by their actions.

#31206 - 11/04/09 12:27 AM Re: I'm ashamed....(graphic content) [Re: felixgarnet]
felixgarnet Offline

At Morgan's request. I shall expand on the above one-liner; thank you for not deleting it!
"Some are born to serve, and need to be on their knees."
I understood from the post eliciting this response that Ankhhape felt the actions of the military towards their prisoners were inhumane and degrading and that to degrade another was not a Satanic way of life. Now, I'm assuming the degradation to which he was referring was that of the prisoners; my remark was a reflection on the fact that those who are paid to regard others as less human may seem to be in a position of power but may actually degrade themselves by their actions and make themselves feel "less than" in the future - even attempting suicide from remorse. I know a former soldier who served in Iraq and now has terrible Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and feels stained by what he had to do there to comply with orders.
I think we have to be careful not to assume that because someone is in a position of secular power - be that a soldier or a nurse in a senior citizens' home - that they are automatically entitled to exercise that power to whatever degree they wish because the less powerful person is "born to" their status. Status changes throughout life, depending on any number of circumstances; age, health, war, misadventure and so on. That is how women in wars come to be raped - for no other reason than an abuse of power - and the elderly maltreated behind locked doors. The Satanic human may have an innate ability to accrue power but must learn to channel it appropriately and effectively, other wise they abuse their own potential for greatness.

#31255 - 11/04/09 09:04 PM Re: I'm ashamed....(graphic content) [Re: Ankhhape]
Nemesis Offline

Nnnnnoooo, I still don't think you got my original intent. Degradation of others for personal gain or to exploit an enemy are certainly avenues that must be taken at times. Hell, it can be downright useful! My only wish was that the photos capturing the TYPE of degradation of these detainees wasn't so completely lame and homosexual. Why not get some pictures of breaking their fingers? Now THAT'S what I call torture, not mock-humping a towel head.

The one I'd consider to be the "best" of the bunch, is the prisoner they stood on top of a crate, put a hood over his head, and duct-taped wires to his body. They told him that if he moved, he'd be electrocuted.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.