Page 3 of 3 <123
Topic Options
#31257 - 11/04/09 09:20 PM Re: I'm ashamed....(graphic content) [Re: love.light.peace]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
 Originally Posted By: love.light.peace
I'd feel ashamed if it was my country that had perpetrated such childish acts. I agree that it is part of the inhumanity of war but why did it have to be so gay?

I get what you are saying now, nemesis and agree that torture may be necessary in extreme circumstances (while doubting the value of anything disclosed as the result of it - remember the Christian "conversions" gained in that way)?

Why is the term "gay" and "fucking queers" used here as a term of abuse? My friend who fought in Iraq is gay (and fought on the US side). This seems strange from a Satanic standpoint that sexuality is to be embraced by consenting adults in the way they prefer. Have those saying it so little respect for our homosexual and bisexual military personnel? These people are dying on our behalf. You sound like the Westboro Baptist Church.

#31265 - 11/04/09 10:39 PM Re: I'm ashamed....(graphic content) [Re: felixgarnet]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
As previously stated, the pictures show naked men in various positions. In the Muslim faith the implied homosexually is a big taboo/no no. It is not done. Thus by putting the men into the homosexual positions you are in a way using psychological torture on them.

I believe we already covered the doubtful usefulness of information wrung out of a person through torture. After all we waterboarded some idiot more than 200 times and got nothing.

Some people get used to the pain or enjoy it.

No one here really cares who is gay or not. Its kinda past the point of who is gay. A kinda worse curse is to be called a poser or a christian. I hope you can understand that.

Morgan

#31303 - 11/05/09 07:46 AM Re: I'm ashamed....(graphic content) [Re: felixgarnet]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
The terms "gay" or "queer" are old slang terms from back in the 80s and 90s. It's not always used in the context of referring to gays, more like a synonym for "lame" or "stupid". Here in the US, those words are often used interchangeably. Hell, I use them myself, but I harbor no ill will toward gays. It's a colloquial thing I guess.

Why do you Brits call cigarettes "fags" then? That doesn't piss you off? If you're getting upset because US people throw around "fag", "homo" and "queer" like it's no big deal, how about the connection between gays and a cancer stick?

#31304 - 11/05/09 08:27 AM Re: I'm ashamed....(graphic content) [Re: Nemesis]
felixgarnet Offline

Loc: UK
The fag/cigarette thing is interesting, nemesis and I have no idea where the term came from, unless it was from the faggots used to light fires? Folk wisdom says these faggots were used in the burning of those found guilty of sodomy in the Middle Ages but evidence is not strong. Kids in the UK have picked up on the gay=lame thing, too and it's not considered acceptable in schools.
Back to torture . . . I have an interesting story to relate here about a paedophile in Britain who refuses to co-operate with the police. I'll post it later as (I kid you not) I have developed Swine Flu and every orifice is playing up.

#31645 - 11/13/09 02:27 PM Re: I'm ashamed....(graphic content) [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
Room 101 Offline

Loc: Scotland
As I’m sure the point of this methodology of torture has already been explained by Morgan, I will not bore you tears with information that has already been stated. Needless to say it was the best method of attaining the information needed; otherwise another “technique” would have been devised.

Say what you will regarding the aptitude of the military (American especial these days), but they certainly know how to get what they want, and in the current climate, all measure’s must be taken in safeguarding civilians and troops alike.

On the subject of torture/intimidation in general I am utterly for it. Regardless of claims that innocent people may be subjected to horrendous treatment unnecessarily, I still have a hard time believing that the world would be a better place in its absence. I am well aware that if it were my ass in a sling that my perspective would have changed and so too no doubt would my opinion. But what are we one and all without our current views and standpoints? My view for now is that the means justify the ends, and I prey to Allah that my current situation remains shall we say “friendly”. \:\)

As for the discussion on the root of the term “gay” I genuinely couldn’t care less (although I do intend to rant). Some would argue that the root of a word is only of interest to English professors. Within the context of the modern lexicon the meaning of a term can vary from country to country. “Gay” where I live simply means something that is subpar, negative or has no significance (ironic as the original meaning of the term was joviality and fun or “a good time”). Where I live we are also partial to the term “black”. Used in a sentence such as “that’s black as fuck”, more than any other derivation of the phrase, means in short that’s wrong, disgusting or generally unpleasant.

Every comment ever made could be scrutinised regardless of the original root of the terms used, the point is that the speaker gives the word its relevance, the context in which it is spoken gives it its power.

Page 3 of 3 <123

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.