Page 1 of 4 1234>
Topic Options
#246 - 09/11/07 09:53 AM Greets and intros
Sliver Offline
stranger

Loc: Georgia, USA
Well,

It has been some time since I have been here. Glad to see the new forum and all!

Anyway, the name's John J, you can just call me 'Jay', Sliver, or Sliv. I have been a mostly open Satanist since I was about 15, though I have lived by the ideas shared here for as long as I can remember.

I say "mostly open" because it seems that the "S" word tends to close more doors than it opens around these parts.

I look forward to sharing ideas and conversations with all of you.

#252 - 09/11/07 02:48 PM Re: Greets and intros [Re: Sliver]
KRADL3_DUST08 Offline
lurker

Loc: IOWA
Hey sliver...why are you called sliver? Well I'm Holly- friends call me suicidy. How did you get into Satanism?
Hit me back
holly

#356 - 09/15/07 10:00 PM Re: Greets and intros [Re: Sliver]
Enigma Offline
lurker

I didn't see an Introductions section, so i will post my intro here as well.

I'm Enigma. I'm a Satanist. I just found this board and am excited to be here. I look forward to knowing everyone!

#357 - 09/15/07 10:08 PM Re: Greets and intros [Re: Enigma]
LadyChaos Offline
stranger

Loc: 7th circle of Hell
Hm, I'm an Atheist. I'm pretty tolerant of other religions. I have an interest in the occult, and clairvoyance. Plan to stay for a while.

#421 - 09/18/07 12:04 AM Re: Greets and intros [Re: LadyChaos]
Ophiuchus Offline
lurker

Hello everybody. I've een a member of The 600 Club for a bit. Some of you know me, most of you don't. My screen name until this incarnation of the board was Rofokale. Thought I'd drop my new name into the bucket.

#427 - 09/18/07 08:08 AM Re: Greets and intros [Re: Ophiuchus]
Sliver Offline
stranger

suicidy,

The name "Sliver" and it's shortening "Sliv" came from my ability to fix big chunks of other peoples' code with "just a small sliver" of my own code.

Before that I was called "Gadget" because I would write small JavaScript bookmarklets that would help some of my buddies debug (or hack) websites they were working on. The buddies called my bookmarklets "Gadgets", thus the name took.

I "got into" Satanism when I traded someone a Manson CD for LaVey's Satanic Bible in high school. Once I read the book (and mentally threw away some parts that I did not agree with) I realized that I was pretty much Satanic (in thought and cultural belief) for as long as I can remember.

Now, how about you, Suicidy? Is that name for obvious reasons, or is there more of a story to it? And if you would share, how and when did you "find Satan"? (sorry, i love using that one)

LadyChaos, Enigma, though I am still new here myself; welcome. Please feel free to share your stories as well.

~Sliv

#458 - 09/19/07 03:46 AM Re: Greets and intros [Re: Sliver]
Disabuse Offline

Hi!

My name is Disabuse Conformity and I'm an addict. I've been addicted to this drug since it was created. My previous ventures with this drug introduced me as the name Cybernetics, but I've long since discarded that handle.

My name is Disabuse and I'm an addict.

#619 - 09/25/07 01:15 AM Re: Greets and intros [Re: Sliver]
BraveW Offline
lurker

Loc: San Luis Obispo,Ca
Hello John
I hope to become a friend of yours also I've been a Satanist
Since 1982 I go by the name of the666Angel my real name is
Brave. I'm from SanLuisobispo,Ca I'm a single white male
Hail Satan
The666Angel

#777 - 10/02/07 12:13 AM Re: Greets and intros [Re: BraveW]
ICouldBuyYouAll Offline
stranger

Loc: Expensive
I am Corbin, I've been myself since I was a sperm.

I obtained my Master's Degree in International Finance from NYU, graduated with honors in 1999...Pi Kappa Alpha.

Thanks.

#795 - 10/02/07 09:00 AM Re: Greets and intros [Re: ICouldBuyYouAll]
Gravity Offline
stranger

Loc: U S A
Greetings!

I've already had a short chat with Fist and this is actually my third post, but I will use it to let you all know a bit about me.

My history with Satanism is kind of odd. A good friend of mine had a "necronomicon" and it contained some of the mystical creations of Crowley in it. I was a student of knowledge and decided to try and read it. Unfortunately I had difficulties grasping the nonsensical ideas. My personal quest at the time for rare and hidden knowledge eventually led to my purchase of The Satanic Bible.

I first read The Satanic Bible in 2005 and was truly inspired. Since, I have decided to practice Satanism as a religion and work hard on improving my skills in Magic. The only difficulties I've had with grasping the concept of Satanism in general was the idea of Greater Magic, but eventually, through deep study and a bit of assistance from a couple other Satanists it had become clear to me.

I enjoy the visual aesthetics of this board and the other features such as the chat room and shout box are really nice extras that I haven't really seen on other message boards. I look forward to having some really good discussions about Satanism and life in general with you all!

TO BE EVIL IS TO LIVE!

HAIL SATAN!

#946 - 10/07/07 02:52 PM Re: Greets and intros [Re: Gravity]
Sinistar Offline

Loc: New York City
Hello.

New to Satanism, new to the site. I hope to talk to you very soon.

Thanks.

#963 - 10/08/07 08:05 AM Re: Greets and intros [Re: Sinistar]
Sliver Offline
stranger

Welcome Sinistar.
#967 - 10/08/07 11:20 AM Re: Greets and intros [Re: Sliver]
Sinistar Offline

Loc: New York City
Thanks Sliver.

I've read a little bit of The 600 Club, waited in the wings. I just decided to jump right in only yesterday.

We'll talk brother...

#1044 - 10/11/07 12:35 PM Re: Greets and intros [Re: Sinistar]
CarpexNoctem Offline
lurker

Greetings all! My name is John and I dwell in Staten Island, NY.

I first read The Satanic Bible about 17 years ago. I've been a Satanist ever since.

#1047 - 10/11/07 01:00 PM Re: Greets and intros [Re: Sliver]
Andrei Offline
lurker

Loc: Atlanta. GA
I'm a 21 year-old student who has been studying and sympathetic to Modern, non-theistic Satanism since I was 13-14, but only recently have I felt the need in my life to really begin practicing it in a ritualistic and semi-public way.
I am a member of the United Order of Cerberus and a minister of the Universal Life Church (but then again, who isn't?), and despite being an Atheist (my parents became atheists when I was younger due to their hatred of their own fundamentalist upbringings), I thoroughly enjoy studying the religious of the world (especially Islam and mainstream Christianity).

My version of personal Satanism is rather unorthodox; while I take a lot of inspiration from LaVey and The Satanic Bible, I do not unite with the more objectivist/Nietzschean aspects of his philosophy and personally subscribe to a Marxist-Leninist perspective. In a sense, I view Lucifer as being the first revolutionary- a revolutionary leading a people's army against a violent, tyrannical god. Thus, for me, Satan is an inspiration in my opposition to religion, capitalism, and slavery of the mind. Some have accused LaVeyan Satanism as being nothing more than Ayn Rand with horror movie props; if that is true, one could accuse me of being nothing more than Karl Marx/Antonio Gramsci with horror movie props.

Page 1 of 4 1234>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.