Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#1274 - 10/27/07 02:22 AM Re: Intro [Re: Asmedious]
Gravity Offline
stranger

Loc: U S A
 Originally Posted By: Asmedious
Ah, but in a sense, we are "silly." Most of us are Atheists, with a flair for the dramatic. The dramatic part is part silliness, in my opinion. We don't take ourselves (mainly the older farts) all that seriously. Isn't the "Black Mass" part clowning around, dressing up, and making fun of the "white lighters?" Heck, if Satanism wasn't fun, and didn't give me the opportunity to be "silly," why would I be apart of it.

Howver, one doesn't have to be an "ass" or the "class clown" to have fun.

I think the more serious a Satanist is, and this goes for other religions as well, the sillier they look. What sets most of us apart from the sheep, is that we know we are often clowning around, while the others actually believe their own silliness.

Ha! That sums it up quite nicely! In fact, in a few minutes here I am going to walk down the street and howl at the moon. \:D

#1275 - 10/27/07 02:51 AM Re: Intro [Re: Gravity]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
I did that last night... only I had a cold so it sounded more like I was wheezing or yelping at the moon.

#1276 - 10/27/07 06:06 AM Offended? [Re: Satanicteen]
Dakindas Offline
stranger

Loc: The Web
I like you already Asmedious. Well said. \:\)

Originally Posted By: TornadoCreator
I realise that you're not trying to offend people but consider this Darkindas. You go to a Christian website and you say. "Worshiping Jesus Christ is like um... silly?" and see how quickly you get banned. It's a good idea to think how it would sound with other groups and then think to yourself weather this should be acceptable against a fringe group just because they're the fringe.

That's because christians are "insert favorite xtoid bash here" types, right? But satanists are like, so way different, and stuff, yea?

And to think that i don't consider what i write, that i don't consider how i'm perceived or that i don't consider the local customs of a place i enter is well . . . we need a frown smiley.

So grow some skin, be as a pillar not a post. Read the Satanic Bible. Iconoclasm, rationality, anti herd 'prejudice', contempt for hypocracy, respect where it's due, odes to those who run counter to the prevailing orthodoxy etc etc.

Being banned for an honest introduction in a thread called 'Introductions' for merely running counter to the prevailing orthodoxy would do nothing but justify my comment supremely, no?

Basically regardless of what you call yourself you're usually just another slave in the plantation following a wafting scent left long before you arrived. There's little difference between most satanists and most christians (or anyone else for that matter). Apples and oranges. Most of you freaks are what i'd call mainstreamers. And what i call the mainstream i personally find rather radical (radically apathetic, powerless and ignorant, but most bizzarely of all, quite happy to be so).

Of course i'm considered a radical engine of outrageous claims, paranoia and dangerous subversive propaganda to what i see as the radically complacent.

It's kinda like the story about satan and god except that god is actually bad and like satan is goo. . oh. . eha.

Meh, It's not that complicated, we can pick our own.

Ya dig?

Again if you take offense from the above then i'm compelled to think you consider yourself radically apathetic, powerless and ignorant. If you don't feel that way about yourself at all, then why react like i'm talking to you? Obviously i'm not addressing you, because that is not you, right? Or am i, because it is? Only you can tell me. Or not.

Heh.

;\)

Originally Posted By: Satanicteen
silly eh? if it happens to be silly then explain why you are here lol... i have to agree asmedious

A fair call but i gotta say, i 'agreed' with Asmedious too, as in, i found no contradiction and he put a phat smile on my dial. In fact, i think Asmedious agreed with me. (You're getting quite plug here Asmo ;\) )

Anyway i'm here because this site and myself have a long history. To say more outside say the chatroom, in idle chit chat, would be nothing more than an act of oneupmanship, so i'll spare you any preening. But let's just say i think of this place a home of sorts and i've been on an extended holiday.

Interesting how Asmedious knew exactly where i was coming from, took no offense, read between the lines (not that i left much room) and replied in a way that seemed to welcome a like mind. Yet the both of you seem to miss the jist completely and take issue with my perceived insolence.

I'm sorry masters, how should i atone for my sins?

A better question, if any was even required, would have been 'hey why do you find Satanism silly?' not a kind of 'you're walking on thin ice mofo, conform or leave'. A tad dramatic but i'm trying to stave off further unnecessary replies.

Either way the question has now been somewhat answered i trust.

If you still can't see how the common satanic view, norms and taboo's, could at all be considered by those who absorbed them long ago as 'silly', then why are you here?

To learn from others how to be more like yourself?

\:D

You needn't reply. Those questions are rhetorical.

Ok, enough from me. Talk about 'flair for the dramatic'. I feel like i flew in as a raven, transmogrified into a shadowy figure, then raised a fist and made lightning course round my arm!

It's good to be back.

#1285 - 10/28/07 01:45 PM Re: Offended? [Re: Dakindas]
TornadoCreator Offline

Quote:
Being banned for an honest introduction in a thread called 'Introductions' for merely running counter to the prevailing orthodoxy would do nothing but justify my comment supremely, no?

I see you're still here, thus an academic point. However remember the forums don't have to be fair and just, if people were just getting pissed because you where here that would be reason enough to be banned. Why? Because the forum is here for people to enjoy and you would be a taint on that enjoyment. Of cause all this is hypothetical, you actually aren't bothering me at all or anyone else as it matters so a ban would be unlikely on the most arrogant of forums.

#1293 - 10/29/07 12:45 AM Re: Offended? [Re: TornadoCreator]
Dakindas Offline
stranger

Yea i get what you're saying Tornado, it's all good.

As for the most arrogant of forums, old habits die hard. This is often a dress up party in Satanland.

Basically those who run the show here know i'm not talking to them; they earned my respect long ago.

These places do tend attract the idle Darkduder666'ers however and i enjoy prodding them a little, that's all. I've been gone a long time.

Besides, i'm waiting for Tatz to pick on me for not capping my i's. ;\)

Peace.

#1295 - 10/29/07 03:57 AM Re: Offended? [Re: Dakindas]
Mercury_Templar Offline
93 93/93

Loc: Cabarita, Vic, Australia
Welcome back Dak, it's good to see familiar pseudonyms; even if they do come from SA;)

G.'.D.'.
VE-GEDULAH
LE-OLAM
AMEN

#1297 - 10/29/07 04:23 AM Re: Offended? [Re: Dakindas]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
quote]Besides, i'm waiting for Tatz to pick on me for not capping my i's.[/quote]

I believe he already did... (another thread)

(It's Ta2zz)

Edited by daevid777 (10/29/07 04:26 AM)
Edit Reason: Political correctness.

#1299 - 10/29/07 11:13 AM Hello, hello... [Re: Dakindas]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
Hello Dak,

Originally Posted By: Dakindas
Besides, i'm waiting for Tatz to pick on me for not capping my i's. ;\)

Peace.

Pick on you?

You are smart enough to know what being too lazy to capitalize your I's when speaking of yourself reveals about your personality...

Surely if YOU wish to portray yourself in such a manner that is your business...

Peace

~T~

Edited by ta2zz (10/29/07 11:15 AM)
Edit Reason: replaced old use word

#1302 - 10/29/07 11:33 PM Re: Greets and intros [Re: Andrei]
Traversez589 Offline
stranger

Loc: Minnesota
hello everyone. I am new to this site and fairly new to Satanism in general...only about two to three years. I used to read posts before the site was regenerated. Eager to post and bring whatever I can to the forum.
#1303 - 10/30/07 12:50 AM Re: Greets and intros [Re: Traversez589]
TornadoCreator Offline

Wait, there are SA users here... kill it, they're contagious, almost as contagious as those 4Chan bugs. I had a friend who caught one, we didn't see him for months and when he came out he was.... he was.... one of THEM!!!!

#1305 - 10/30/07 02:49 AM Re: Greets and intros [Re: TornadoCreator]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
SA? South Australia? Be careful here, I hear they are hard driving motorcycle ridin' take no prisoners, kick your ass on the spot for no reason mean.

!!!

#1306 - 10/30/07 03:41 AM Re: Greets and intros [Re: daevid777]
TornadoCreator Offline

Oh no, it'll be like a scene from Mad Max.

Would love to go to Australia at some point but I practically act like a damn vampire in sunlight. I get sunburned in seconds.

#1307 - 10/30/07 04:26 AM Re: Greets and intros [Re: daevid777]
Mercury_Templar Offline
93 93/93

Loc: Cabarita, Vic, Australia
 Originally Posted By: daevid777
SA? South Australia? Be careful here, I hear they are hard driving motorcycle ridin' take no prisoners, kick your ass on the spot for no reason mean.

!!!

Yeh, as long as they have their Mummy with them - big girl's blouse wearing pansies;)

G.'.D.'.
VE-GEDULAH
LE-OLAM
AMEN

#1308 - 10/30/07 04:35 AM Replies [Re: ta2zz]
Dakindas Offline
stranger

Hiya Merc, so you got out of SA eh?

LOL at 'big girls blouses' - you're not wrong. I waited for you for an hour once upon a time. . . \:\(

Heya Tatz,

Originally Posted By: Ta2zz
You are smart enough to know what being too lazy to capitalize your I's when speaking of yourself reveals about your personality...

I would assume it shows that i personally don't that much care for pointless conventions.

Itcelnidlay, it aslo deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. So woh's lzay? The soplpy wiretr or the slppoy radeer?

Hehe. \:\)

Tornado, I'm just an insignificant speck with a butterfly effect. . .

Oh and you said "Mad Max" as it's known here! I thought it was exported as "Road Warrior"?

Daevid777, South Australia has nothing on Texas. ;\)

PS:

Dear diary,

Chatroom, Day three. Still no one. But i'm sure someone will come soon. Surely. . . they're on their way any minute now. They'll bring beer and crisps. Like old times. Surely. Any minute now. . . gee it's cold. . .

#1309 - 10/30/07 08:43 AM Re: Replies [Re: Dakindas]
Veldrin Offline
pledge

Loc: Melbourne, Australia.
 Originally Posted By: Dakindas

Itcelnidlay, it aslo deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. So woh's lzay? The soplpy wiretr or the slppoy radeer?

While I understand what you are saying and it has merit to a point. You also must realize the flaws of your reasoning.

I mean, I haven't spoken to you yet, was forming an opinion of you, and at the end of that sentence of yours (assuming I took it literally of course)I felt you really weren't worth the time.
Not to say it wasn't a good little laugh.
And it's really quite amazing how you could get the gist of your writing, no matter how badly you molested the English language.

However, it's hard to respect anyone who doesn't...shall we say, care enough about his own arguments and ideas to properly capitalize.

I am sure you know the amount of job applications that would get accepted if one wrote out a resume in such a fashion.

...Having said that, well, at least you don't type all in caps.
Looking at it that way, you're almost a godsend huh?

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.