Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#24799 - 05/19/09 02:12 PM What is wrong with our children these days?
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090519/ap_on_re_us/us_louisiana_school_shooting

So this kid storms into his class with a gun, tries to shoot a teacher, but then the gun doesn't fire. He only fired one bullet (at the teacher, and MISSED), walks out, goes into the bathroom, and shoots himself. And apparently he failed at his suicide, too, since he's still alive and in critical condition.

If this isn't the epitome of failure, I don't know what is. Christ, our kids can't even pull off a school shooting correctly.

I suppose I should be overjoyed and weeping with happiness that nobody was hurt (well, aside from the shooter), but I still can't get over the fact that this kid failed HARD.

Edited by The Zebu (05/19/09 02:13 PM)

#24803 - 05/19/09 04:34 PM Re: What is wrong with our children these days? [Re: The Zebu]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

That is a pretty big fail on that kids part. The little bastard should have been more profecient with the operation of fire arms before attempting it. Practice and planning. If anything is worth doing, it is worth doing right.

Three years ago or so some stupid highschool kids were having a party, in town, in a public park, with a bonfire. Needless to say one of the neighbors called the police and the party was busted before it could even get going.

As if that wasn't stupid enough, two of the kids, angry at the police for doing their job, decided to molitov the police station. The Saint Helens Police station isn't a big building, but it is made entirely of concrete. Concrete doesn't burn too well, but these kids were too fucking stupid to realize it. 2 out of 4 molitovs launched bounced of the side of the building and broke in the road. The other two didn't even ignite.

As a further insult the two kids were turned into the police by their friends shortly after the incident occured.

#24823 - 05/20/09 07:11 AM Re: What is wrong with our children these days? [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
I actually laughed when I read what you'd typed, Zebu. HARD.

It seems obvious that the kid was an epic failure in general. An obsession with the Columbine shootings? What an absolute sad act.

If he comes around and gets healthy again, I hope everyone mocks him and I hope they all point and laugh at him, and I hope they mock his parents just as much, if not worse.

#24825 - 05/20/09 07:38 AM Re: What is wrong with our children these days? [Re: DistroyA]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
Why? So he can try it again? Maybe this time with better success. I understand your point, put that mockery is probably what got him to this point.

Being a kid and all, he probably didn't have access to a nice weapon. So he probably bought a "Saturday night special". A POS .38 or maybe a .22 semi auto.

It is laughable at his failure, but again, that is probably what drove him to this decision. I can only imagine how many of us would be targets if this forum were a live face to face group meeting.

#24833 - 05/20/09 06:50 PM Re: What is wrong with our children these days? [Re: fakepropht]
candyjesus Offline
stranger

Loc: NY
Life fail.

I read about it on AP yesterday- everyone that was interviewed said the kid was nice, quiet, this is so unexpected, blah blah blah.

It's weird... He doesn't really seem to fit into any "profile"... He wasn't mocked or beaten, didn't plan/brag about it to friends, etc.

If I had to guess, I'd say he was probably failing at social integration - maybe a cocktail of emotional abuse/neglect, the boredom of rural life, and daddy missing too many dance recitals.

#24834 - 05/20/09 07:25 PM Re: What is wrong with our children these days? [Re: candyjesus]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
 Originally Posted By: candyjesus
It's weird... He doesn't really seem to fit into any "profile"... He wasn't mocked or beaten, didn't plan/brag about it to friends, etc.

If I had to guess, I'd say he was probably failing at social integration - maybe a cocktail of emotional abuse/neglect, the boredom of rural life, and daddy missing too many dance recitals.

I thought as much as well, as it doesn't say anything about him being bullied or anything in the article.

I think your last two suggestions sound like plausible explanations as to why this happened. A quote from the drill sergeant from Full Metal Jacket springs to mind when I see this;

"What is your major mouth function numb-nuts? Did mommy and daddy show you enough attention when you were a child?"

Yeah, sounds like an idiotic thing to say, I know, but in a ll fairness, the kid pulled off something more stupid than my comment. And his parents are even more stupid for not watching over him properly. Sounds like they need sterilising.

#24851 - 05/21/09 05:24 AM Re: What is wrong with our children these days? [Re: DistroyA]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
Yeah, sounds like an idiotic thing to say, I know, but in a ll fairness, the kid pulled off something more stupid than my comment. And his parents are even more stupid for not watching over him properly. Sounds like they need sterilising.

It's not the parents fault. Sometimes people have a bad day, start thinking negative, some things go wrong you blame yourself for it, can't talk to anyone about it because you are ashamed,...
Things are being kept silent by the person, and one day everything is just too much to take and you go beserk...

Everyone has those things happening, most are smart enough to quit it and do nothing, hoping it will pass by. Others start yelling/screaming, others start crying, others beat things up..
And well the less intelligent ones take a gun and start shooting around..

I mean, when I'm standing in a store at 6h in the evening, tired of working all day, waiting in a fucking long row, hearing all the irritating sounds and the bitch before me nagging etc.. I also have the feeling of going beserk..

I don't know what has happened within the kids mind, nor do I know about it's situation at home. I only hope he gets punished for his deeds, no psychological blabber about how his parents raised him, just a plain good punishment for the mistake he made..

Edited by Dimitri (05/21/09 05:26 AM)

#24864 - 05/21/09 05:21 PM Re: What is wrong with our children these days? [Re: The Zebu]
Mike Offline

Loc: Farmingdale, NY
The kids in 8th grade and doesn't even have good enough aim to shoot his teacher? Damn.

Anyway, I would think that most are probably blaming this on bullying (or bad parenting/bad demostration of how to use a fucking gun correctly). If this kid can't even pull off a school shooting, and then fails his attempt to kill himself, he was probably the dumbest of the bunch. To fire only one bullet and miss shows he had no real intention to do any harm, and then to fail at your own suicide WITH A GUN? Sounds like a horrible attempt to get attention. This kids got years of rehab ahead of him.

#24894 - 05/22/09 09:20 AM Re: What is wrong with our children these days? [Re: The Zebu]
spiderbreeder Offline

Loc: Sydney,Australia
If the hopeless little turd was going to nurse an obsession like that, the very least he could have done was squeeze a little target practice in before he swung into action.

Lazy boy.

And how the hell did he miss his teacher, and then totally fuck up the Grande Finale by failing to pop himself off?
I mean, he was standing right there,how could he miss?

He obviously staged that for a huge cry for attention, or help.

And if the silly prick survives this time , he'll just be released from whatever institution has been housing him in the not too distant future, and he will probably attempt to replay the whole miserable scenario... only he'll make damn sure he gets it right the second time round.

#24916 - 05/22/09 08:55 PM Re: What is wrong with our children these days? [Re: spiderbreeder]
ELTOURER Offline
stranger

Loc: California
EPIC FAIL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id3nik5Rldw

This video always cheers me up. And stick with it, fiends, some of those 'fails' in the video are priceless.

As far as this topic goes? WOW! Kids today. I blame the parenting. This is a trigger. Aim down the barrel and through this bit here. Pull trigger. Done deal.

#28439 - 08/14/09 03:31 PM Re: What is wrong with our children these days? [Re: ELTOURER]
zippadydooda Offline
pledge

Loc: San Diego, California
Being one of todays youth, I can say for certain quite a bit. I'm 16, and it never ceases to amaze me just how stupid other people can be at times. In relation to the topic of columbine wanna-bes, I ran into a friend of mine whom I lost contact with, and haven't seen since the seventh grade. Apparently, him and a few friends had concocted a plot to shoot up my school, and, get this: HE GOES AND TELLS A TEACHER !!! I have to wonder what the hell is wrong with so many people.

In all fairness though, a great lack of wisdom and experience would seem to be the cause. I was once fortunate enough to meet a girl who thought that deception was when you cut someones head off, and also thought that a family crest was a brand of toothpaste. Sadly, I have met even less intelligent people my age.

Two last things I have to say. The majority of kids at my school also seem to not care about anything other than the here and now. I do my best at preparing for the future, but what good is tomorrow if today's no good? I believe this flawed logic is to blame for many, if not most of the idiotic things others my age do. Also, i'm sure something is in the cafeteria food.

Last thought, then i'll hold my peace. Each generation is inferior in the eyes of the generation before them. the new generation has, for as long as humans have existed, lacked the ability to contribute to society as adaquetly as the previous generation. I must admit though, I see where the previous generation is coming from.

- Cheers

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.023 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 24 queries. Zlib compression disabled.