Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#24895 - 05/22/09 09:39 AM Oh Joy, the Year of the Bible is upon us.
ELTOURER Offline
stranger

Loc: California
http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090522/pl_politico/22832

Comments? Thoughts?

Personally, having just woken up and reading this news tidbit, I'm still shaking my head in disbelief over the whole affair.

Need more coffee before I can contemplate further.

Edited by ELTOURER (05/22/09 09:39 AM)

#24903 - 05/22/09 12:29 PM Re: Oh Joy, the Year of the Bible is upon us. [Re: ELTOURER]
Tranceparent Sky Offline
stranger

Whatever happened to "Seperation of Church and State?"

Nothing else comes to mind.

#24904 - 05/22/09 12:33 PM Re: Oh Joy, the Year of the Bible is upon us. [Re: ELTOURER]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
"Broun’s simple congressional resolution aimed at honoring the Good Book has produced a push-back of biblical proportion in the blogosphere, with critics dismissing it as either unconstitutional or a waste of time. Jews in Congress and atheist activists are dismissing the resolution, while none of the many Democrats in Congress who are Christian have bothered to sign on as co-sponsors."

Yeah, that bill won't be going anywhere...

#24909 - 05/22/09 03:06 PM Re: Oh Joy, the Year of the Bible is upon us. [Re: ELTOURER]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Maybe I missed something, i'm a little hung over at the moment, but, I can't figure out what the bill is supposed to do. If it passes are we all going to be forced to read the bible? No thanks, been there, done that. Green Eggs and Ham was a much better read.

#24911 - 05/22/09 05:19 PM Re: Oh Joy, the Year of the Bible is upon us. [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
ELTOURER Offline
stranger

Loc: California
Personally I believe Mr. Broun just figured out a way to get his name in the papers (quite an ego boost, if that’s your thing), raise some sweet cash from equally insecure bible thumpers, and probably nailed himself a couple of hot, gullible, interns ‘cause there is no way that baby is gonna pass; and he seems intelligent enough to know that fact.

Edited by ELTOURER (05/22/09 05:20 PM)

#24962 - 05/24/09 10:25 PM Re: Oh Joy, the Year of the Bible is upon us. [Re: ELTOURER]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
This is ludicrous; the bill will obviously pass through legislature like a snowball through hell. Only diehard fundies (of which Washington seems to have a pleasingly short supply of these days) would vote for it, but the overwhelming majority, even the Christian ones, will shoot this down as a clear constitutional violation.

Quote:
Broun has gathered 15 co-sponsors, all Republicans, but says he’s looking for more and hopes Democrats will sign on, as well.

“This is not a partisan issue,” he said. “I want it to be bipartisan.”

Aww, that's cute.

Edited by The Zebu (05/24/09 10:26 PM)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.023 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 19 queries. Zlib compression disabled.