Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#25235 - 06/02/09 10:42 AM Dan Brown
Be Tame Offline
stranger


Registered: 05/06/09
Posts: 12
Just seen "Angels and Demons" Saturday night. Good Movie with shots of all the related architecture.
I decided to buy the book the next day while you were in church.
Dan Browns "DaVinci Code" was good in My less than humble opinion but this book seems more along the lines, of what reviewers say, also, of Tom Clancy's quality of novel.
The beginning of chapter 11 offers the best definition, if you will, of Satanism I have come across (page 46 of the paperback with the cover depicting the movie advertisement).

Top
#25237 - 06/02/09 02:21 PM Re: Dan Brown [Re: Be Tame]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker


Registered: 10/08/08
Posts: 3935
Loc: Vancouver, Canada
 Quote:

Just seen "Angels and Demons" Saturday night. Good Movie with shots of all the related architecture.

Related to what?
 Quote:

I decided to buy the book the next day while you were in church.

Do you really think people that read the 600 club board go to church on sunday?
 Quote:

Dan Browns "DaVinci Code" was good in My less than humble opinion but this book seems more along the lines, of what reviewers say, also, of Tom Clancy's quality of novel.

'Tom Clancy' is a level of quality? What?

 Quote:

The beginning of chapter 11 offers the best definition, if you will, of Satanism I have come across (page 46 of the paperback with the cover depicting the movie advertisement).

And what might that be?

Worst post ever, were you high when you wrote this?
_________________________
ADM
ideological vandal

Top
#26001 - 06/22/09 10:46 PM Re: Dan Brown [Re: Be Tame]
Be Tame Offline
stranger


Registered: 05/06/09
Posts: 12
Anyway......
I finally got to finish this book this weekend between sessions playing outside.
Excellent tale of the struggle between science and religion and a point of argument ,if you will, at where they may meet.
Again, read it for Yourself.
The anigrams depicted are very cool.
There is an anigram generator at the following site:
http://www.cascadiadesignstudio.com/titanium-rings-ambigram.aspx
You can type in any word to play.
(Maybe a source of sigils, Merc.)
Of course words like "drippy" or "somethingsteel" or "freaks" might be fun.

Top
#26097 - 06/24/09 01:39 AM Re: Dan Brown [Re: Be Tame]
god.over.djinn Offline
pledge


Registered: 06/23/09
Posts: 75
Loc: Melbourne
 Originally Posted By: Be Tame

Excellent tale of the struggle between science and religion and a point of argument ,if you will, at where they may meet.


I thought the book was silly, pretentious and boring.


 Quote:

Again, read it for Yourself.


Why don't you want to quote the text?


 Quote:

The anigrams depicted are very cool. There is an anigram generator at the following site:


That should be ambigram, right?




I see that the url has ambigram spelled correctly.

Top
#26380 - 06/28/09 09:49 AM Re: Dan Brown [Re: Be Tame]
Be Tame Offline
stranger


Registered: 05/06/09
Posts: 12
Just clic the mouse and it doesn't matter how it's spelled, professor.
I liked how occult things were woven into a story that even You could understand, maybe.
Either way, Mr. Brown most prob is doing much better than You.
Even I can afford someone to check spelling for Me if it mattered.
I'll wait a few months and check back to see what the next round of participants are doing.
Fortunately the players do change here periodically.
Look at the bright side, You have another paper to "grade"!

Top
Page 1 of 1 1


Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.016 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.