Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#28467 - 08/15/09 01:26 AM Re: Dying time [Re: ZephyrGirl]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
As I was driving around today, I got to thinking about you. I don't know how to put this "correctly", but you are a tough girl so it shouldn't matter. Do you have a plan in place to let your fanclub, those that "know" you, let us know when you are no longer with us? Hopefully, that won't be for years to come.

#28470 - 08/15/09 02:59 AM Re: Dying time [Re: fakepropht]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Interesting that Prophet should post that today. I was thinking about Zeph earlier as well with the same thought.

I was browsing through all of the pictures in the pic gallery earlier, and came across the Hustler Magazine with Zeph's preg picture on the cover. I was going to see if I could get a copy on Ebay (since they have pretty much everything).

#28515 - 08/16/09 06:48 PM Re: Dying time [Re: Asmedious]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
Hi Guys,

Yes I do have a notification plan in place. Hopefully I will make a final post myself not long before anyway.

Thanks for thinking of me, you'd be surprised how much I have gotten out of this website in the last 6 months.

I have yelled at, cried, laughed and 'those moments' and thought long and hard about everything in my life. I haven't posted much, because often my thoughts are already here on the topic and it would be redundant.

So, either my ex husband or my daughter will be posting when I am gone.

Zephyr xxx

#28582 - 08/17/09 09:32 PM Re: Dying time [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Jake999 Offline

Thanks for the update, Zeph, and I know I speak for a lot of us who hope that the time we're notified is a long, long, long time in the future.

Struck me that if I were to suddenly die of a massive heart attack, or be shot on the rise by a jealous husband, the only way people would know I was gone would be when the music on Dark Ryde didn't get updated.

#28614 - 08/18/09 03:16 AM Re: Dying time [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
Zephyrgirl, I just noticed this thread.

I understand the ordeal you're going through. My mother left this world through breast cancer and my father through lung cancer. I was there with them both. I could not then and cannot now say or do anything to alleviate that physical process.

What I can and will say, without hesitation, is that you are absolutely not approaching the end of your conscious existence.

I have devoted most of my life to this matter, for the simple reason that how we conduct ourselves intelligently as physically-incarnated beings is completely dependent upon whether that is or is not the "whole story".

My explorations, which are summarized in Chapter #4/"Immortality of the Psyche" of Black Magic, led me to first the realization, then the nœtic experience, of the individual psyche's, or as the Egyptians more precisely apprehended it, the ka's distinct existence from the material body in which it first, very crudely through physical sensation, extends and recognizes itself.

I cannot emphasize enough that I am not talking fluffy-bunny fantasies here, but rather a necessary and inevitable consequence. You will not be coming back here to the material realm of material interaction with other materially-embodied beings; "reincarnation" is nonsense. You are about to enter an entirely different universe of self-awareness and -extension. Nothing of your accustomed "familiarity of self" based upon the crudeness and limitations of a physical shell will be going along with you. You will be solely the thing that is ultimately You, and you will be creating your own universes to express it.

This is not a phenomenon which can be shown by the "scientific method", for the simple reason that "science" is a function of matter/conversion interaction. The ka is beyond this. Indeed my greatest puzzlement was not this distinction, but rather the mechanism of the "bridge" between the ka and its preliminary, material housing. This is a "field" situation, and I am going to risk some extended bandwidth here by finishing with that, because it provides additional perspective on this entire topic:

ARE YOU A FIELD?
A Talk to the Western Regional Gathering of the Temple of Set
July 31, 2004

Originally Posted By: Edward Jessup, Ph.D., Altered States
I’m a man in search of his true self. How archetypically American can you get?

Everybody’s looking for his true self. We’re all trying to fulfill ourselves, understand ourselves, get in touch with ourselves, get ahold of ourselves, face the reality of ourselves, explore ourselves, expand ourselves.

Ever since we dispensed with God, we’ve got nothing but ourselves to explain this meaningless horror of life. We’re all weekending at est or meditating for forty minutes a day or squatting on floors in a communal OM or locking arms in quasi-Sufi dances or stripping off the deceptions of civilized life and jumping naked into a swimming pool filled with other naked searchers for self.

Well, I think that true self, that original self, that first self, is a real, mensurate, quantifiable thing, tangible and incarnate. And I’m going to find the fucker!

Various workings and rituals during this Gathering have a loose theme of the individual vs. otherwise: distances, life/death, preservation of ideas, survival. Therefore it seemed to me pertinent to spend some time on the question: Who are you, and what makes you you?

Why, moreover, should you exist at all? Why not “not exist” instead, as so nauseates Existentialists such as Sartre?

First let’s talk about your body.

It isn’t your body really. It is a bunch of stuff constantly rearranging themselves into your organization. For instance your liver and serum proteins are turned over every ten days, and the whole of the proteins in our body about every 160 days.

Moreover these protein molecules are extremely complex devices, not mere raw material; not even a single amino acid can be out of place in the replacement.

To put it another way, there are about 60 thousand billion cells in the human body, and every day about 500 billion of these die and are replaced and rebuilt.

Why? One possibility is that these molecules are so complex that they are inherently unstable and thus are continuously deteriorating. Your metabolic system, including the liquid-based transmission of food and raw material throughout your body, is a raging furnace of renewal and regeneration.

How does the body know precisely how to recreate each cell and molecule? It cannot be within the object itself, because an object cannot “organize itself”.

The answer lies in the existence of an entire layered network of electromagnetic fields throughout and within the entire body, altogether comprising a “master plan” field for the entire body. Dr. Harold Saxon Burr, Professor Emeritus of Anatomy, Yale School of Medicine, called this the L-Field. (The Fields of Life)

So what is a “field”?

Quote:
When something occurs somewhere in space because something else happened somewhere else in space, by no detectible means by which the cause produces the effect, the two events are connected by a "field".

How’s that for a definition?

In other words, “field” is the term you use to sound “scientific” when you haven’t the slightest idea why the linked-phenomenon is taking place. You just know that it is taking place, reliably and repeatedly, and you have to call “it” something.

We know that the body’s organizing system cannot be chemical, because then it itself would be subject to the same tearing-apart process.

Thus there is more to a human being than mere chemistry. It requires an organizing field, not merely an accidental coming-together of proteins. Thus the notion of gene randomness is invalid.

Organization inherently requires preconception based upon purpose. Thus human physical existence has purpose; it is not accidental.

The human L-field is an electromagnetic field, and thus is subject to external EM fields.

This is your personal connection with the organizing master plan of the objective universe: fields within fields.

Anything that can organize has to exist before what it organizes. Hence the mere removal of the resultant organism does not remove the field. Your L-field doesn’t die when your physical body dies.

Conception creates nothing, since it is merely the fusion of preexisting organizations, the sperm and the ovum. An L-field is naturally attracted or assigned, and commences the organizing process, then leaves upon death of the body. It may retain an “image” of that body and be detectable or even perceivable by other L-fields under certain circumstances.

Hence “ghosts”.

If L-fields are a natural constant phenomenon, this would account for the general cessation of human physical evolution at least 100,000 years ago [and possibly much longer], as well as for the basic commonality of all human physical construction.

We know also that simple Darwinism is inadequate to explain the extreme complexity of higher life, such as development of such mechanisms as Darwin himself called “evolutionary novelties” - the eye and various complex organs. Even worse, many such “novelties” would have to occur simultaneously for the whole thing to work together. The odds against this are so high that evolutionists simply bypass the question.

L-fields might be extraterrestrial in origin. This would explain the sudden appearances of new species on Earth at various times, as well as the invisibility of such “ancient astronauts”. Their stability despite Earth’s evolutionary forces, such as Ice Ages, would also account for the preservation or revival of certain species despite drastic environmental changes.

Let’s go back to that sperm and egg. How do they know how to organize something greater and more complex than themselves? They can’t. A superior organizing system - an L-field - is required to know where specialized cells will be needed and how to organize them.

Now let’s talk about thought.

Science hates thought, because thinking and thoughts cannot be measured, are not quantifiable, and are not repeatable. You cannot think the same thing exactly twice.

And how do you know what you’re doing when you’re thinking? Do you decide what you’re going to think and then think it, or do you think something and then try to figure out what it was that you just thought?

What’s 2+2?

Just like the rest of your body, the nervous system is also constantly breaking down and being regenerated. So the material of your brain cells and connecting nerves may have been completely renewed about 100 times since you were taught addition. You haven’t been taught addition all over again 99 times. So how do you still know how to add?

Hence thought also has the properties of a field.

Not necessarily thought transmission/ESP, but thought organization and integrity. However there may be additional field phenomena at work here too, such as your ability to sense moods, impulses, desires, attitudes of someone close to you.

What is love? T-field symmetry?

As L-fields are distinct from the physical body, T-fields are also superior to and separate from the physical machinery they manipulate and use. Here we are talking the basis for out-of-body consciousness, persistence of the psyche after physical death, and possibly the temporary or permanent attachment of subordinate T-fields to other forms of matter, resulting in magical objects and haunted houses.

We also deduce that T-fields have the ability to influence L-fields, as in mental states affecting bodily harmony and health, and vice-versa, as when your bodily energy affects your mental alertness.

Consider your brain, therefore, as a mechanism used by your primary and subordinate T-fields for the cataloguing of sensory input and the storage of memory. These are results, not the thing itself, of your self-aware “thinker”, the primary T-field which is you.

Here again, note that the atoms and molecules of the brain are in a constant state of teardown and rebuilding, so the T-field must assign to each an exactly reproducing field, and that is how you can still add 2+2.

Sensory areas of the brain must be more or less permanently wired to the senses, hence their injury or loss is quantifiable and somewhat irreparable. But learning and memory functions are not so localized, as long as enough brain cells generally remain to be usable. These are used only intermittently and at desire or need.

This is why your memory is such a strange thing. You can remember a lot more stuff now than when you were a child, but your brain is still the same size. You didn’t have to add more RAM or ROM to it. Also what you remember is very strangely selective. The words to a Beatles song you heard half a century ago, but not what you had for breakfast yesterday.

It may be the T-Field’s inability to read/write to all the memory-usage cells it wishes that accounts for Alzheimer’s, but once again the T-Field itself as a conscious entity is not affected; it is merely losing access to memory tools.

Memory is the backbone of your current situation. It is how you conveniently decide who you are and communicate that to others, what you know about your state and everything else. But it is still not your soul, your personality. That is the thing that assigns meaning and value to both memory and current sensations.

While bodies’ L-fields have not evolved significantly over the last 100,000+ years, T-fields have evolved dramatically: consider the level of sophistication in your knowledge vs. that of a Stone Age homo sapiens.

T-field individuality is indestructible as communicable during physical life. Your identity cannot be sucked out by someone else, or hacked up if you lose an arm or leg.

Here we have discussed a new framework for conceptualizing your psyche/ka/soul and relating it to your mind and body. We’ve pointed to neatly integrated possible explanations for several other mysteries, like our extraterrestrial origins and haunted houses, along the way.

A few more tools in the toolbox which is the Temple of Set.

#28617 - 08/18/09 04:28 AM Re: Dying time [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Thank you Michael for that post. I have read some of your ideas previously on this subject.

I personally, have always thought that there is more to life than death, but that of course what that may be, is in now way something that can be aligned to the life I live right now. I still consider myself an aethiest, as I don't think I'm off to heaven now, or hell for that matter.

I'm not at all afraid of dying, like most people, I just don't want to be in pain and suffering leading up to it, although I know that there WILL be a little of that no matter how well my palliative plans are made. And well made they are.

I'm lucky in that I will be at home pretty much through the whole process. I only go to hospital for proceedure when I absolutely have to, unlike alot that are forced into hospice or hospitals, because they haven't used the resources available to them. (here in Australia at any rate).

ZephyrGirl

#28649 - 08/19/09 02:44 PM Re: Dying time [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

As respectfully as possible but when reading most of this, I wondered if we didn't throw out this baby long ago and why there is a necessity to drag its rotting corpse back out of the river and dress it up fancy? Behind all the words, doesn't a holy trinity pop back up; creator, purpose and afterlife?

I think science has pretty good arguments contra most ideas mentioned here.

D.

#28650 - 08/19/09 03:17 PM Re: Dying time [Re: Diavolo]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Diavolo
As respectfully as possible but when reading most of this, I wondered if we didn't throw out this baby long ago and why there is a necessity to drag its rotting corpse back out of the river and dress it up fancy? Behind all the words, doesn't a holy trinity pop back up; creator, purpose and afterlife?

As I said, we're not talking cartoon-religion "afterlife, Heaven, Hell" fluff here. That's just thumb-sucking for, well, suckers. You're going to have to take a hard, serious look at what I summarized here if you want it to start clicking into place. And it's not simple or easy; it has to do with the very essence of the existence of things.

Quote:
I think science has pretty good arguments contra most ideas mentioned here.

I'd love to hear them. Actually what "science" (by which I presume you mean academically-blessed doctrine) does is to evade these realities. This is business as usual in academia [to which I can testify with some background per my Ph.D. and professorship experience]. Read the "Introcaution" to this item for more food for thought along this line.

#28651 - 08/19/09 03:41 PM Re: Dying time [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

Of course we are not talking cartoon-like religion but at some levels you are talking about the same concept but in a noncartoon-like manner. So basically there is not much difference.

Afterlife and soul, amongst others, seem to be the very essence of some concepts mentioned here and while it is your right to dismiss academic-blessed science whenever it fits, some do think that evidence is pretty convincing when it comes to affirming or disproving certain theories. But again, if academic-blessed doctrine is out of the question in this debate, there isn't even room for a debate. I guess that leaves us with faith.

If we're willing to debate beyond that, I'll be hearing from you.

D.

#28653 - 08/19/09 05:15 PM Re: Dying time [Re: Diavolo]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Diavolo
Of course we are not talking cartoon-like religion but at some levels you are talking about the same concept but in a noncartoon-like manner. So basically there is not much difference.

Well, there are two contexts here: the functioning of the physical, matter/energy universe (realm of the L-fields), and metaphysical existence (realm of the T-fields). And remember that a "field" is something for which there is either indirect/effect evidence or an existential necessity. Gravity and magnetism are two well-known field phenomena for which there is no identifiable mechanism, for instance.

Then you have the basic matter/energy-universe functions of ectropy and entropy. The former is the phenomenon which is usually symbolized by God/gods/neteru, and the latter by its/their absence. Order, consistency, and replication require an external organizing force (sort of a "universal field"), and academic science does not "go there" for the simple reason that this is necessarily a metascientific phenomenon; it cannot be "assembled from scientific/material/energy subcomponents". It just needs to be there in order for ectropy to occur.

Quote:
Afterlife and soul, amongst others, seem to be the very essence of some concepts mentioned here and while it is your right to dismiss academic-blessed science whenever it fits, some do think that evidence is pretty convincing when it comes to affirming or disproving certain theories. But again, if academic-blessed doctrine is out of the question in this debate, there isn't even room for a debate. I guess that leaves us with faith.

Academically-blessed doctrine can be good to the extent that it is rigorously, repetitively, and disinterestedly/critically tested. It is not so good when, as amusingly illustrated in my "Introcaution", it runs into questions & issues so big, confounding, politically-unacceptable, or psychologically-scary that it just sweeps them under the rug. This has been going on all through recorded history, from Galileo to Tesla.

Quote:
If we're willing to debate beyond that, I'll be hearing from you.

No, I'm not going to debate you right now, because you need to get out of the very knee-jerk conceptual corner into which you've painted yourself first. I don't say this to be condescending, just to suggest that you take some time to investigate the phenomena touched upon in my "Fields" talk and get them to make as much sense to you as you possibly can, which is not with the usual/canned academic brush-off.

I also dispense with some other sacred cows like Einstein's Special Theory (which invalidates itself by excluding the velocity of light) and the Big Bang (which invalidates itself by requiring a pre-Bang ylem and someone to light a match to it). There's a lot of silly stuff around preening itself as "science"; just don't kneel and tremble before it as though it's the village witch-doctor.

#28690 - 08/20/09 03:52 AM Re: Dying time [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:

Well, there are two contexts here: the functioning of the physical, matter/energy universe (realm of the L-fields), and metaphysical existence (realm of the T-fields). And remember that a "field" is something for which there is either indirect/effect evidence or an existential necessity. Gravity and magnetism are two well-known field phenomena for which there is no identifiable mechanism, for instance.

Just a few things here:
1) When you speak about fields and make the distinction between the L-field (which is the material world) and the T-field (which I assume can be regarded as a spirit world) I couldn't help but wonder about the fact if you know how both fields came to existence.
2) I admit that for gravity and electromagnetism no mechanism has been found YET. It doesn't imply that in the future (maybe near future with the LHC being brought back online) these mechanisms will be discovered and studied.

Quote:
There's a lot of silly stuff around preening itself as "science"; just don't kneel and tremble before it as though it's the village witch-doctor.

True, but a real scientist questions everything. And even if the big-bang model looks a bit childish, it certainly is a model which explains certain metaphors and discoveries humans made about the universe. When someone makes the same claim about the big-bang being childish or retarded I counter the argument with posing the question "How do you think it all started?" and then start questioning how he/she came to his discoveries and even point out the inconsistencies.

I am always willingly to change opinion when the counterargument makes sense and is undoubtedly right and verified by multiple persons with the necessary know-how.
Anyway, maybe discuss this somewhere else? I don't think it really fits the topic here in regards to zephyrgirl..

Edited by Dimitri (08/20/09 04:21 AM)

#28694 - 08/20/09 05:57 AM Re: Dying time [Re: Dimitri]
Woland Moderator Offline
Seasoned

Loc: Oslo, Norway
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen.

I fear that this recent discussion about science vs. belief, (interesting as it might be), stands in danger of derailing the thread.

I would appreciate it if you would continue the discussion in a separate thread.
That is unless Zeph would prefer this thread to move in such a direction.

Thank you.

Woland

Contra Mundum!

#28706 - 08/20/09 12:27 PM Re: Dying time [Re: Woland]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

No problem, we'll let Zeph die in peace here and move it to another area.

D.

#29398 - 09/09/09 04:19 AM Re: Dying time [Re: Asmedious]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Well guys, a bit of an update. My right hand and arm are numb alot these days so from my 60 wpm typing, it's quite often a bit slower as I have to concentrate harder on not making typos.

My taste buds have stopped working too, so food has lost most of it's appeal and that sucks as it was my last real life pleasure.

My stomach is getting very distended due to the pleural tumours and lymph nodes, so I look 5 months pregnant. And feel like I have a barrel shoved up or down there.

I have Moon face from the steriods, which are still working, but not in the manic way they were 8 or so weeks ago.

Actually my palcare nurse is pretty surprised that I am still here and up and about. So am I at times, but hey, we expect nothing less right?

The lilles out my window are looking beautiful though, and the willy wagtails have just laid their first 3 eggs for the season, spring is here.

I've sorted out pretty much every little detail of what I leave behind, however, I'll let my family plan the memorial. I'm not looking forward to dying, but I am looking forward to letting go....

Death isn't a dirty word. It's something we'll all experience, no matter how hard we deny it. And I really beleive this is my only time here. It would take alot more than a couple of articles to convince me of otherwise. Death can be beautiful too, I think mine is going to be. I will try and update once a week or so, but I'll probably spend alot more time sleeping over the next month/weeks or so. I have been dropping in regularly though.

ZephyrGirl

#29431 - 09/10/09 01:54 PM Re: Dying time [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Woland Moderator Offline
Seasoned

Loc: Oslo, Norway
Dearest Zeph.

You got more balls than most men I know.
Enjoy springtime.

Woland

Contra Mundum!

Page 3 of 6 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.