Page 5 of 6 « First<23456>
Topic Options
#30877 - 10/28/09 04:08 AM Re: Dying time [Re: ZephyrGirl]
Meq Offline
Banned

Just saw the news from Speedy in the shout box.

Rest in peace Tanya. \:\(

P.S. Just discovered that this is my 666th post. Not the one I expected to make...

#30879 - 10/28/09 05:06 AM Re: Dying time [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
Woland Moderator Offline
Seasoned

Loc: Oslo, Norway
Rest in memory.

Woland

Contra Mundum!

#30883 - 10/28/09 07:01 AM Re: Dying time [Re: Woland]
School Bully Offline

Loc: Melbourne

Commiserations. I know how popular Zephyrgirl was on these boards. Life's a real bitch sometimes but I doubt Zephyrgirl will ever be forgotten.

#30884 - 10/28/09 07:20 AM Re: Dying time [Re: School Bully]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
She put up a hell of a fight, and sacrificed her own life so she could bring her son to full term (she had been in remission when the cancer came back--right in the middle of her pregnancy). I know her kids brought her a lot of joy, and she really lived life to the fullest, even up until the end.

The pain's over. You will not be forgotten, Tanya.

#30885 - 10/28/09 07:32 AM Re: Dying time [Re: Nemesis]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Much Love Tanya, you will live on in our memories.
My condolences to your family.

Morgan

#30895 - 10/28/09 12:42 PM Re: Dying time [Re: Morgan]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
I tip my hat to a fine lady and a life well lived.

Hail Tanya!

You are and will continue to be missed and remembered.

#30907 - 10/28/09 04:33 PM Re: Dying time [Re: Dan_Dread]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Goodbye Zeph - my condolences to those wh knew her better than I did.

#30929 - 10/29/09 02:11 AM Re: Dying time [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
NO

I am selfish, and I don't want this.

I am selfish, and I want to speak with my dear friend, at least one more time.

Tanya, no more pain for you, just for us now, as we have to accept the Earthly loss of such a beautiful person.

You are loved, and you will be missed, tremendously.

David.

#30944 - 10/29/09 06:05 PM Re: Dying time [Re: daevid777]
Bacchae Offline
Satan's White Trash Neighbor

Loc: los angeles
such a fucking beautiful woman. and she really lived.
#31797 - 11/16/09 11:54 PM Re: Dying time [Re: Bacchae]
Speedy Offline
lurker

Loc: Adelaide, Australia
 Originally Posted By: Bacchae
such a fucking beautiful woman. and she really lived.

Tanya Forrester, nee Atkinson. aka Tanya Hyde, aka Tanya Hush, Born, 06-07-1970. Died, 29-10-2009.
She is survived by 2 beautiful, talented children, Harmony Kathleen Forrester, born 27-12-1996 and Jet Douglas Bond Forrester, born 29-03-2006

I have known Tanya since she was 18 years old. She was an interesting and challenging friend to have even when she was quite young. Tanya was brutal, with both her honesty and her friendship. She didn't suffer fools gladly, but always tried to see things from other peoples perspective, even in conflict. I have started putting Tanya’s life story together from where I saw it, for the kids. There is so much to tell. She certainly fit a lot of living life and doing things into her tragically shortened time here with us. If you would indulge me over time, I would love to put some of what I have already and will continue to write about Tanya’s life up here on The 600 Club. I am quite sure that this is disjointed, and for that I should probably apologise, but I won’t.

We both agreed wholeheartedly on giving our kids the chance to see and learn about any and all religions. We are however allowed to point out a few “misgiving” that religions have along the way. It is an expectation of both me and Tanya for our kids to be willing to listen to others, whilst being true to ourselves. I will never lie to my kids, and they both know it. They just expect the truth, and deserve nothing less.

If anyone had ever suggested that the two of us would end up married 12 years later, we both would have had a good laugh. It became one of my jobs through the years to pick her and her stuff up when a relationship went wrong. Tan always rang me I guess because she knew I was reliable. Years later after we moved in together, it was a great joke between us, who would come and get her stuff as I was living with her now.

Tanya had many demons to deal with even at 18. By the time we became friends she had already seen too many things a child shouldn't have. Tanya had a pretty tough existence as a child growing up; including 7 schools by the time she was 12. Attending 7 new schools in just less than 7 years is going to be hard, even for the toughest among us. She was always the new Kid, everywhere she went. She was the smart kid and the pretty girl, which only made it harder for her. She was a beautiful lady, both kind and honest. It amazed me as I got to know her better how she could be so forgiving after the shit she already had, had to deal with. She always made me look at all of my faults, and access the worst of myself openly.
She was the first person in my life that wanted me to be the best that I could be.

We spoke often on the phone and I visited her regularly even towards the end. Among other things, she asked me once when I was with her in the hospice, “is there anything of mine that you want as a keepsake after I’m gone”? I told her I didn’t want anything from her and that she had given me 2 of the most awesome children I could ever have hoped to have. Harmony is not my biological child but I knew her well before she was born. That little girl changed my life forever. I am a better man for sure by having both Harmony and Tanya in my little piece of the world. I do not favour Jet over Harmony, EVER! Tanya always said it was so cool the way I took on Harmony as my own. I was the one getting the all the good stuff, instant family, I was over the moon.

I can remember the day that harmony asked me if she could call me “Dad” like it was yesterday. I was thrilled, I can assure you. Harmony’s best friend, Sunshine, calls me Dad too, and has done for years. Harmony is moving in with one of her aunties not very far from where Jet and I live which is great. I want the kids to spend as much time together as they grow up. After we were married, Jet arrived. He is a champion too. He teaches me something of myself every day. It is a bit like, he has taken over his mothers job now of keeping me honest and on track. I have things I don’t like about myself as we all do. It is quite confronting though at times now having some of my flaws and faults showing from time to time, raw, awkward and fresh in Jet. Tanya has taught me so much about recognising my own faults and helping myself, that I am already well on the way of helping Jet do the same. Something maybe my parents could have done for me whilst I was still young too.

I can still feel the pride when Tanya told me I was doing an awesome job with Bringing Jet up and she was proud of me. It means so much to me that she was happy with me. She could do that you know, make you feel really special and look for your own self worth.

Both of our kids miss their mother very much and I have had some terribly heart breaking conversations with them. Young Jet has demanded at different times that I have to fix his Mum. I cannot explain the anguish felt when a father hears from his child “You have to fix mum for me, you just have to Dad”. Jet cries out often in his sleep. He has made me promise that I won’t go to the hospital and die like his mommy too. I can hear Tanya often in my head telling me to get my shit together and fucking sort it out. Tan said before she went that I wasn’t allowed to get caught up in any misspent grief as I have 2 kids to look after so just get on with it. . My home is now and always will be their sanctuary.

Well enough of my ramblings. Thank you for taking the time to read this, if you have done so. If you just scrolled down to the end, I would love you to read this. Tanya was an awesome woman. She was my respected friend, my confidant and my lover. I miss you so terribly much already Tan.

We both believed that there is no “other side”, but I can still talk to you on the wind. I can still go out the back, under the stars and ask the honest questions of myself, that you would have. I promise that I will accept the hard truth of myself and continue to change and grow. I will not turn away from these truths, when confronted with them. You have given us that are left so much and added the willingness to accept the simple truth, to all of our lives.

Love Ya Babe, You Rock!!

With love and respect
Speedy, aka Ian Forrester

#31798 - 11/17/09 12:39 AM Re: Dying time [Re: Speedy]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Thank you Sir for posting that, it is appreciated on many levels. One of which is a reminder to us that there are real people behind the computer screen, and that life is out there to be lived and embraced when the opportunity presents itself, instead of having it dissected and over analyzed in cyber space, as if this place was reality in itself.

Tanya was a respected member of our little community here, and she is, and will be greatly missed.

#31801 - 11/17/09 03:45 AM Re: Dying time [Re: Speedy]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
Thank you so very much for sharing that. That was a fitting tribute. Sometimes we forget there is a human behind the fancy avatar and nifty screen name. Living actual human lives.

I hope the card and letter I sent arrived. I sent the card on behalf of this site and certain members. The letter was more personal from me.

BTW, if you would like to post one or both here, that is fine. I would, but I forgot what I wrote, LOL.

#31804 - 11/17/09 04:06 AM Re: Dying time [Re: fakepropht]
Jake999 Offline

Thank you Speedy. I'm glad Tanya had someone close.

#31818 - 11/17/09 10:23 AM Re: Dying time [Re: Jake999]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
I know this is going to sound extremely odd but yesterday, while getting ready for work I was playing Nickelback, the Dark Horse CD and the song If Today Was Your Last Day came on. I instantly thought of this thread and Tanya. I know I am new here and didn't have the chance to get to know her, but the connection I had felt while reading this thread was incredible. That song made me realize how much she really did do exactly what is asked through out it and how much I hope to be able to do the same for my own and myself, without it being my last day, of course.

A bit of info here....My oldest has Cystic Fibrosis and I have spent many a day arguing, pushing, shoving, fighting with him to realize that he needs to really live each day and give it his all, if he does nothing else. Sometimes it's so hard to make him see with work, everyday errands, everyday chores but something I have tried to make sure he sees is that if he's at least done his best everyday, then he's done good. He's still a typical teen, wanting to sleep all day and stay up all night. He still wants to be young and have things handed to him. Tanya's story helped me renew my belief in what I have and am doing and that even he can do something worth doing, every day.

I want to thank all those that have shared her story, herself and Speedy especially. Know that it has made a difference here, for me, and I'm sure touched many others as well. Thank you again!

To those that haven't heard Nickelback's song, listen to it just once. It's a good reminder that every day is what we make of it and when things aren't going quite the way we want them to, we can make a difference, no matter how little.

#55583 - 06/08/11 01:13 AM Re: Dying time [Re: Nyte]
Octavius Offline

Loc: Left the party
I remember friends who are no longer with us today. I had a particularly horrific day and for some reason thought of Zeph. My day got better. I didn't know her well, but I knew her well enough.

Just thinking of Zeph today.

Page 5 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.