Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>
Topic Options
#112191 - 04/06/17 01:26 PM Re: Open-Mindedness? [Re: Draculesti]
Ubermensch23 Offline

Loc: Pretoria, South Africa
 Originally Posted By: Draculesti
I can't tell you how many times I've talked with a Christian (without coming right out and saying I'm a Satanist) and said that, "while I don't believe, I don't entirely discount the possibility of God; however, without empirical evidence to support his supposed existence I remain unconvinced." I have been met with "oh, he's out there; my prayers have been answered." As if that was a definitive argument for the affirmation of his existence. ;\)

You're not all that educated are you? Sure you have devout imbeciles, but your perception of reality is really just a simulation. Every day physicists and philosophers are converting to the idea that reality is likely a simulation. Any true student of science would acknowledge the fact that any event would require some form of catalyst.

So what in your opinion is the catalyst for the big bang? Something came out of nothing then? How very unscientific of you. People of lower intelligence tend to claim that they believe what science says, science is just a single tool, not everything can be defined scientifically, thus your perception is every bit as narrow-minded as Amish people's. Atheists such as yourself, tend to be equally as idiotic as the christians you love to hate. Science does not confirm Atheism, in fact it's always been agnostic, and as it currently stands it's gotten off the fence and started moving in the direction of the numinous.

#112192 - 04/06/17 01:31 PM Re: Open-Mindedness? [Re: Adversary]
Ubermensch23 Offline

Originally Posted By: Adversary
I view open-mindedness much the way Lawrence Krauss said it. That being, an open-mind is based on forcing your beliefs to conform to the evidence of reality.

So you're a follower with a low IQ? You could have picked more flattering idol, but then again, you are a common piece of garbage, I should not have expected any less from one such as yourself.

#112193 - 04/06/17 01:33 PM Re: Open-Mindedness and Critical Thinking [Re: TillTheDayIDie]
Ubermensch23 Offline

Originally Posted By: TillTheDayIDie
I'll probably piss off a bunch of people by saying this, but my opinion is, you can't get knowledge of reality through empirical means. Science is useful on a practical level, but in my humble opinion, it just doesn't work as a descriptor of reality in all its comprehensiveness. Everything is always schematized. Any given view is always embedded in a perspective. Objectivity, I simply do not trust anymore and consider it a clever fiction.

Good point.

#112194 - 04/06/17 01:36 PM Re: Open-Mindedness and Critical Thinking [Re: riasb]
Ubermensch23 Offline

Originally Posted By: riasb
Thank you, my Liberal Art's Education schooled me in critical thinking. I am a new Follower of the Left handed path. I have over the last 3 years since the death of a dear brother 56 years old, I rejected my catholic lie, and was let to this knowing I was born into Satanism. catholics know the devil very early and we are slaves to guilt. I tore off the chains of religion, God is remote and christ never was god. I have been living a life of survival and I am here. Hail Satan.

Your liberal arts education? You studied art history or gender studies? What a loser... Were you too stupid to study science or engineering? Don't brag about liberal arts education, it's like flaunting a low IQ.

#112195 - 04/06/17 01:39 PM Re: Open-Mindedness and Critical Thinking [Re: SIN3]
Ubermensch23 Offline

Originally Posted By: SIN3
 Originally Posted By: TillTheDayIDie
I'll probably piss off a bunch of people by saying this, but my opinion is, you can't get knowledge of reality through empirical means. Science is useful on a practical level, but in my humble opinion, it just doesn't work as a descriptor of reality in all its comprehensiveness. Everything is always schematized. Any given view is always embedded in a perspective. Objectivity, I simply do not trust anymore and consider it a clever fiction.

Let's all take advice from the butch lesbian that lives in poverty people, because that's who we want to be right?

It can be, I can say from personal experience I got caught up in that trap when I was a kid. If I couldn't use empirical means, then I'd be willing to dismiss something on that premise alone. In essence, I became closed-off to a lot of things. In time, you mature and grow, it's a process.

#112196 - 04/06/17 01:40 PM Re: Open-Mindedness and Critical Thinking [Re: theharkonnen]
Ubermensch23 Offline

Originally Posted By: theharkonnen
For your UFO case, I would argue that you are being closed-minded by not accepting the possibility of it being true. Improbable, yes. Impossible, no.

Indeed, one hundred years ago, no one could have ever thought that we would be living in a computer age like ours. Yet, we do and it has changed us in ways no one thought possible. In another hundred years, technology may make space flight much easier and much more probably. So, if we could potentially do it, it would be egotistical to think aliens could not.

Its like when Christianity first encountered the Chinese. Westerners could not conceive of these "Inferiors" surviving without Jesus. Yet, they did just well. Where there is a will, there is a way.

Of course, this is how I would argue it if I were a coworker of yours. Of course, to me, so what if aliens are real. It wouldn't really change much. I am not going to start being some alien-loving hippie. For me, the history channel focuses too much on aliens and pseudoscience and should focus more on - you know, history. This is probably why your coworkers are into it. My dad is the same way. I have yet to see a show about Prussia, or even China on that channel.

I've tried to get this point across many times to these Atheist peasants, it never works, stop trying. I love Dune by the way.

#112200 - 04/06/17 04:00 PM Re: Open-Mindedness? [Re: Ubermensch23]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Reality as a simulation is a bad theory.
It switches "god" with higher sentient fallibility.
It switches "God" towards a human hand.

Granted there's a few advantages and few entertaining philosophical statements that can be made, but it isn't a better shortcut to end the debate. Just another branch on the tree so to speak.

Originally Posted By: Ubermensch23
Any true student of science would acknowledge the fact that any event would require some form of catalyst.

That would be more or less true in a highly speculative and down-graded view.
Reality paints it slightly different but for the sake of argument we'll follow it through.

The thing is, a student of science will also recognize that, even if there is a need for some catalyst, an action or event can be random. The student studies the workings of the catalyst and the interaction. The "how" it went and "why" it went sometimes has to take a backseat.

Atheists such as yourself, tend to be equally as idiotic as the christians you love to hate. Science does not confirm atheism, in fact it's always been agnostic, and as it currently stands it's gotten off the fence and started moving in the direction of the numinous.

Atheist or theist or... is but a stance. Dissected and looked upon more closely, both can indeed be considered as equal in a philosophical sense.

It just depends on what is more convenient to live with.
While popular Atheism will define science as Agnostic, it merely is as you said: a tool. A tool does not take stances upon religious matters and can only be used to perform work.

Edited by Dimitri (04/06/17 04:01 PM)

#112221 - 04/07/17 04:31 PM Re: Open-Mindedness and Critical Thinking [Re: Ubermensch23]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
 Originally Posted By: SIN3
[quote=TillTheDayIDie]I'll probably piss off a bunch of people by saying this, but my opinion is, you can't get knowledge of reality through empirical means. Science is useful on a practical level, but in my humble opinion, it just doesn't work as a descriptor of reality in all its comprehensiveness. Everything is always schematized. Any given view is always embedded in a perspective. Objectivity, I simply do not trust anymore and consider it a clever fiction.

Let's all take advice from the butch lesbian that lives in poverty people, because that's who we want to be right?

It can be, I can say from personal experience I got caught up in that trap when I was a kid. If I couldn't use empirical means, then I'd be willing to dismiss something on that premise alone. In essence, I became closed-off to a lot of things. In time, you mature and grow, it's a process.

I am neither a Butch Lesbian nor am I in poverty but hey by all means listen to this doofus that still can't figure out how to use the quote feature here. This guy is a fucking genius.

#112248 - 04/09/17 06:42 PM Re: Open-Mindedness and Critical Thinking [Re: SIN3]
Ubermensch23 Offline

You're either a bald butch lesbian in denial, or a transsexual that drifted towards this site because you were a social outcast. Your picture is not flattering in the least, only a person who received special education would blatantly expose such a hideous thing. Keep doing your little podcast to convince yourself you're relevant, peasant.

#112249 - 04/09/17 07:01 PM Re: Open-Mindedness? [Re: Dimitri]
Ubermensch23 Offline

Ever heard of the Triadic Dimensional-Distinction Vortical Paradigm? Now I must confess, I'm not a Physicist myself, I'm studying Computer Science and Chemistry, however I do have interests related to Physics, and this paradigm is something I have taken an interest in.

Obviously when people say simulation, we're not necessarily referring to a computer simulation, then again you probably know that, but I simply mean to imply that consciousness might truly underlie consciousness. Another debatable subject in regards to consciousness, is whether it is a product of the brain, some say it is, some say it is not. However, if consciousness is not a product of the brain, then you should admit how interesting the implications are.

Our brain might simply be an interpreter of signals, and our perception might simply be the result of our limited senses and our limited capacity for reason resulting in the current interpretation that constitutes reality. Now if I may make a comparison between ourselves and older species of worms so as to illustrate the extent to which senses affect our perception, older species of worms had only two senses, sight was not one of them, therefor they could not perceive light. Now if you were to suggest to a person without sight that light exists, he'd probably think you insane. I make this comparison in the attempt to articulate to you that what we perceive might not necessarily be absolute, but could change depending upon our range of senses.

Thus far we have only enhanced the senses we already have, for example microscopes and telescopes. I believe that should we expand our range of senses, our perception will thus completely change. Distance for example might only exist because we have no other way of interpreting these frequencies our brains tune into. Obviously we would need to replace the brain with a far superior model too. What say you in regards to this subject?

Edited by Ubermensch23 (04/09/17 07:33 PM)

#112262 - 04/10/17 09:25 AM Re: Open-Mindedness and Critical Thinking [Re: Ubermensch23]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

You're either a bald butch lesbian in denial, or a transsexual that drifted towards this site because you were a social outcast. Your picture is not flattering in the least, only a person who received special education would blatantly expose such a hideous thing. Keep doing your little podcast to convince yourself you're relevant, peasant.

You seem to think so, yet hold no knowledge that I haven't done a podcast in over a year. You don't like my blog? Then don't listen to the thing, no one is holding a gun to your head.

Show me your photo and we can talk about flattery. I think you're the one in denial, each post you make to me or about me, are wooden nickles on my altar.

Keep Calm and Keep Worshiping Me.

#112265 - 04/10/17 09:54 AM Re: Open-Mindedness and Critical Thinking [Re: Ubermensch23]
Oxus Offline

Yeah, I dunno about any of that, I think she's kinda hot and funky.
#112287 - 04/11/17 10:06 AM Re: Open-Mindedness and Critical Thinking [Re: Ubermensch23]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Although her hairstyle may not be everyone's cup of tea, the giant tits certainly make up for it.

I'm not nominally a titty guy, but I'd tear that up.

#112289 - 04/11/17 10:41 AM Re: Open-Mindedness and Critical Thinking [Re: Dan_Dread]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Never have so many tripped over a hair cut.

All a matter of preference I suppose. I hate beards.

#112339 - 04/14/17 06:28 PM Re: Open-Mindedness and Critical Thinking [Re: SIN3]
Ubermensch23 Offline

SIN3 is fat and old, sorry, but you've reached your expiration date, and look at your belly, don't you do cardio? I don't post my picture because I'm well aware of the implications of exposing myself on the Internet. People who wear their hearts on their sleeves are generally people of low intelligence, such as yourself, who don't realize how easy you make it for people to target you personally, I bet you even have a facebook account.

You buy your little Transylvania t-shirts and your pentagrams, keep telling yourself you're a legitimate person. You're clearly a very big poser, like the metalheads that think black metal is about corpse-paint, and the wiggers also bred in your pathetic society. The reason you feel you have to dress and act like that in the first place is because you subconsciously realize that you're a poser. It's kind of how skinheads compare to the SS, none of them had tattoos or believed in similar ideals compared to skinheads. Posers will be posers I guess.

I've had extensive experience with people such as yourself in my life, which is why I dislike you, I could tell from your posts and your picture that you were like them. You're like those kids that got picked on in primary school, so when you went to high school you started listening to rock and metal so as to appear powerful to those who would seek to pick on you, kind of like a Puffer Fish.

I always hated people like those because they ruin the subcultures they infiltrate, metal is a great example, so is the Left-Hand path. You make everybody else think that the LHP is for social rejects, nerds, and fat people, because weak people like you gravitate towards this way of life to hide from your own weakness. Maybe elitism isn't something you approve of, but the difference is you disapprove of elitism because you can't achieve a state of being that is considered worthy of the elite, whereas I disapprove of being a fat poser, such as yourself, because even though I could eat myself fat and be lazy, it's so much more satisfactory to look down upon people like you because I'm physically superior.

Edited by Ubermensch23 (04/14/17 06:55 PM)

Page 4 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.037 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.