Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#2547 - 12/04/07 03:53 PM The 9 Elements
97and107 Offline

Loc: New Mexico
I'm looking for some information, maybe one of you pretty little girls has it...

Crowley discussed the nine elements in his treatise on desert spirits - they are

moon
sun
linga
yoni
air
fire
water
earth
spirit

I'm trying to find out where he sourced this information from during his travels. It stems from India or China, the only two clues I have are the Nine Star Ki system from Feng Shui astrology based on the Lo Shu square and the fact that there are nine planets used in traditional Vedic astrology.

Any ideas are welcome here on where it's coming from.

Cheers,

Naomi

#2558 - 12/04/07 11:06 PM Re: The 9 Elements [Re: 97and107]
Mercury_Templar Offline
93 93/93

Loc: Cabarita, Vic, Australia
As far as I know, it is an amalgamation of Agrippa formulated (Greek) and Elizabethan Tattva/ Mahabhuta (Asian) translation. Put them through a wash cycle with Freemasonry and Golden Dawn ritual and you have something like this. There are elements (pardon the pun) of these translations in 777. I hope this helps a little.

M.'.T.'.
VE-GEDULAH
LE-OLAM
AMEN

#2559 - 12/04/07 11:12 PM Re: The 9 Elements [Re: Mercury_Templar]
Mercury_Templar Offline
93 93/93

Loc: Cabarita, Vic, Australia
PS - Yoni concerns birth and Linga relates to the attainment of godhood.
VE-GEDULAH
LE-OLAM
AMEN

#2567 - 12/05/07 05:43 AM Re: The 9 Elements [Re: Mercury_Templar]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
I was lead to believe that the 9 where.

moon
sun
linga
yoni
air
fire
water
metal
wood

not that it matters at all though.

#2667 - 12/09/07 02:54 PM Re: The 9 Elements [Re: Mercury_Templar]
97and107 Offline

Loc: New Mexico
9│

Thank you, that is quite helpful. I really appreciate it.

I found an interesting reference to 18 armed goddess 9+9=18 of course, the significance is in the description and reinforcement of her power, even though she is discussed outside of normal Vedic literature:

"She is consciousness (Cidrupa), She is the abode of knowledge (J˝ana) and is Consciousness and Bliss, lustrous as ten million lightnings, of whom all Tattvas are the embodiment, who is Raudri with eighteen arms, fond of wine and mountains of flesh (the text is Shivamangsacalapriyam, but the first word should be Sura). Man should do Japa of the Mantra, taking refuge with Her, and following the Kula path. Who in the three worlds knows a path higher than this? By the grace gained therein, the great Brahma Himself became the Creator, and Vishnu, whose substance is Sattva-guna, the object of adoration of all, highly deserving of worship, the great, and Lord of Yajurveda, became able to protect. By it Hara the Lord of Viras, the wrathful one, Lord of wrath and of mighty power, became the Destroyer of all. By the grace of Virabhava the Dikpalas (Protectors of the quarters) became like unto Rudra. By a month's practice power to attract (Akarshanasiddhi) is attained."

- The Rudrayamala

#4540 - 02/25/08 08:58 PM Re: The 9 Elements [Re: TornadoCreator]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
I know this is an old thread but, these 9 elements are a mix.
The Taosist do actually list their five elements as TornadoCreator has them: Air, Fire, Water, Metal, Wood...
But Yoni and Linga are Sanskrit words. Yoni is Sanskrit for a Vagina, and Linga means a Penis. If we went by the first list of the 9 elements with Spirit (Akasha) this would be the Tatwas and it would be Hindi.

~~352~~

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 19 queries. Zlib compression disabled.