Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#255 - 09/11/07 07:37 PM MarryOurDaughter.com
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
I found the link to this site through collegehumor.com, so I naturally thought it was a joke at first. But no, it's a legitimate website for Christian fanatical parents to list a picture of their daughter with a short biography, and set up a bride price, which is listed alongside pic and bio. Girls as young as 13 are listed! Some bios are thoughtful and I think these parents actually have their child's best interests at heart, as well as a lust for money, while others are dismissive and derogatory of their daughter's interests and personality "quirks".

Take the bio written for Sarah M., page 5:
Sarah calls herself a Goth but we insisted she not dress in black for this photo. She reads and writes a lot of depressing poetry and it takes a lot to get her nose out of a book. She says she’s an Old Soul in a new young body and she’s already been married lots of times and she might die again tomorrow so why wait?

Let's not forget the testimonials:
“Our 15 year old daughter Mary wasn’t very popular and did nothing but mope around the house bringing everybody down, so we decided to marry her off through your site. Now our house is a lot cheerier and we love our new swimming pool and Jaccuzi! We’ve told our youngest that when she turns 15 we’re going to marry her off too!"

—Mrs. James P.

"At first we were worried that Janine was too young to get married, but then her new husband bought her a house and a car and jewelry and the money we got let us buy a house for ourselves. Getting out of the trailer park at our age was the best thing that ever happened to us, and it’s all thanks to Marry Our Daughter!"

—Mr. Jack M.

Another girl has lived most of her 18 years in and out of foster homes, earning her the the description of "a bit rough around the edges but is basically a good girl", with her bride price a paltry $3,995. She must be damaged goods.

Please tell me I'm not the only one perturbed by this.

#258 - 09/11/07 09:35 PM Re: MarryOurDaughter.com [Re: Nemesis]
xear Administrator Offline
Admin

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
http://hitsusa.com/blog/84/marryourdaughtercom/

It appears that this website is not actual a legitimate business enterprise, but rather a phishing hole backed by a viral marketing campaign. :-/

- R

#285 - 09/12/07 07:17 AM Re: MarryOurDaughter.com [Re: xear]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Oh, thank Hell. Can you run any web site through hitusa to test it's validity? That was a pretty sick idea.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 16 queries. Zlib compression disabled.