Page 2 of 2 <12
Topic Options
#2846 - 12/22/07 02:52 AM Re: Autotheism and Immortality [Re: Carme]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
Carme... there are no answers to give... there is nothing here. I understand your frustration, and Octavius... (if your around...) can't "give" anything to you. No one can. You only can answer your questions, even if they are universal ones.

Octavius gave you everything you needed to know (of course he was a smug ass about it, but that's something else - you know I love you Octavius ;\) ). Read and re-read. You think he has the answers to your questions? Do you think anyone could teach you how to roller-skate by laying down some instructions? Cryptic or not?

Get into the game... YOUR game.

#2852 - 12/22/07 09:02 AM Re: Autotheism and Immortality [Re: Carme]
Octavius Offline

Loc: Left the party
Carme,

Your reply echoes some that I made a year or two ago when I first joined this and a few other Satanic forums. My agenda was to learn from those who knew it best, so I asked a great deal of questions. 99% of the time, I got replies that told me to go read a book. I was frustrated and thought that the satanic community was comprised of a bunch of smug jerks who wouldn't share.

After I calmed down and stopped being a self-pitying little bitch, I went and read some of the books that were kindly recommended. Those books inspired me to find others. It was in that process that I learned what I needed to know. It was then when I realized that nobody could have summed up the answers to my questions in a few replies on a forum. THIS thread is meant to inspire, not explain. Now hit the library shelves. Let me know if you want a list.

Octavius

#2854 - 12/22/07 12:38 PM Re: Autotheism and Immortality [Re: Octavius]
Carme Offline
stranger

daevid: There are questions (clarifying points) and then there are questions (extrapolating philosophical truths that can enrich one's life). I'm not asking for the latter. He's not describing a boot with wheels that goes on your foot and allows you to roll across a room, but rather a warm yet solid envelopment of the necessary body extension which, by various geometric certainties and dictated by the laws of physics, enables the individual to (potentially) effortlessly glide from his or her current physical standpoint to a far away desired place of being. (Or something equally poetic and ridiculous.)

Octavius: I remember those posts. In fact I think I was one of the first to actually welcome you to the club because you appeared inquisitive and with a good head on your shoulders \:D So I can say with relative certainty that we are nothing alike in that regard. I'm long, long past that stage where I look to "those who know best" in order to borrow their personal truths and philosophies on life. You made daevid's mistake and think that I'm asking you questions. I'm not. I'm saying explain yourself in a coherent way. Enslaved's points were valid and from where I'm standing you simply cannot answer them, or choose not to for some silly reason. (Your comments regarding "secrets" to a select few comes to mind. Still feel the need to be a special snowflake, perhaps?)

You want to inspire? Write a book. Make a website. Start a religion. A forum is for discussion. What is the end result of a person reading this and being inspired by you? Asking for a list of books?

On a personal note, I'm quite happy with my take on life. I know who I am, where I'm going, and I'm incredibly determined to get there (so "Satanic" of me, I know ;\) ). I'm not in a place where I'm asking questions but I do enjoy new ideas and ways of thinking, which is why I initially responded to this thread. I have absolutely no desire to spend the next two years hitting the library shelves to possibly discover clarification on your points. I think we must agree that either I'm a clueless, self-pitying little bitch with no direction and in desperate need of a good spoon-feeding, or you're largely full of shit. Ha. Either one is fine with me.

#2858 - 12/22/07 10:47 PM Re: Autotheism and Immortality [Re: Carme]
Octavius Offline

Point taken. If inspiration dictates that I spell out everything "coherently" I'm just not willing. Metaphysics aren't something I personally feel should be dumbed down, and I don't think my piece is meant to spell out specifics. Further, metaphysics and quantum physics often times contradict the "laws" of the universes we each dwell in. The very nature of of philosophy and metaphysics allow for interpretation. Perhaps my words aren't finite?

This is one of the examples of what's wrong with Satanism to me. Everything must be finite, defined, measurable, and packed in a tight ball of absolution. Your "either/or" example of you being a self-pitying little bitch of me being full of shit is a prime example of this mentality. I agree with you on one point, though: I should work to change this.

#2861 - 12/23/07 02:56 AM Re: Autotheism and Immortality [Re: Carme]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
Carme... I know how Octavius "does things" to a certain degree, and I thought I knew what you were after. I don't, however, think I made any mistakes in my response... no matter how many drinks I may have had. Honestly, I don't quite see the difference in "clarifying points" and "philosophical truths that can enrich one's life". There are no "clarifying points" in this or any philosophical discussion.

It is, in fact, your life you are contemplating, so others can only offer so much, or so little. The cool thing about books is they can be interpreted so many ways - and each way is personal.

Octavius, I was going to apologize for my remark... but I have to say... you ARE a smug ass.

You should be saying this shit, not me. Love for you anyway...

#2863 - 12/23/07 03:23 AM Re: Autotheism and Immortality [Re: daevid777]
Octavius Offline

Yeah. I get pretty full of myself. It feels good. ;\)

#3337 - 01/11/08 12:31 PM Re: Autotheism and Immortality [Re: Octavius]
Bridgett Leavitt Offline
stranger

Loc: somewhere on this giant dirt b...
This is awsome!! I agree, a little disapointed in yhe negative feedback here. And i don't quite understand.... WHATS NOT to understand. It read clearly to me what the point was... And the sooner humans accept this and learn to apply it's "power", they better off we will all be. Well, maybe not all. Thaks Octavious, this put a smile on my face today.
#3739 - 02/01/08 02:37 AM Re: Autotheism and Immortality [Re: Octavius]
Copperhead Offline
lurker

I'm reasonably sure you could have parsed that to about two paragraphs. Nonetheless, I would like to know how, exactly, one achieves immortality; I expect there is no steadfast way to bring me aware, but with all the teasing you've been doing, surely you must be able to throw us a proverbial bone.

You make mention of the metaphysical being viable - how do you support your claim? I'm assuming you have something to offer us other than spiritualist flimflam. I have a great interest in mysticism and the like, perhaps you have something to offer me beyond the confines of typicial iconography?

#3741 - 02/01/08 10:15 AM Re: Autotheism and Immortality [Re: daevid777]
Chandler Offline
stranger

One thing that may prove requisite to immortality is the transcendence of philosophy itself. It never fed anybody. That is not to say that metaphysics is absurd, just subject to ridicule until we get beyond it. Actual metaphysics would be constructive physics, that is, a speculative methodology for establishing physical models. The eventual results of metaphysics would be scientific models like the Newtonian, Einsteinian, Quantum... To semantically illustrate, "meta-ethics" refers to methods of arriving at systems of ethical evaluation, by which particular ethical systems can be generated. So an ethic is a value or code of behavior entailed by a value, and a meta-ethic is a formula for determining such things. Metaphysics then is an intellectual endeavor to find better ways of doing physical theorization.

We may have to retrace our scientific discoveries to a more foundational level in order to reconstruct a new science, before we can develop universal methods of bringing about immortality. I don't even particularly think this is a good idea though. I think there are a few people who should be provided with immortality. The rest of them don't even deserve to be kept on ice.

The story of Dr. Frankenstein can't be viewed as incredible, if we are to take immortality seriously. Some men can't even keep their dicks up for a half an hour. How are they supposed to pump blood for five thousand years without a pacemaker and a junkyard?

Cannibalism. Less energy is wasted in the process of redistributing compatible tissues than mere nourishment. But you can't just swallow organic grafts. You have to puree them at the very least. If you digest compatible bodily fluids on a regular basis and eat your own shit, you create a more balanced ecology in your body. It has time to allocate and reallocate elements that it is familiar with. Not only that, but it learns to combat those aspects of its food which it normally has to bypass. You can let other people's bodies remove the impurities, and arrange the minerals. They go to the hardware store and build you the house. You just live in it. Anything that nauseates you (e.g. rotten food) is usually a good place to start in enhancing your digestive system.

Genetic complications brought about by incest are the result of lacking certain dominant genes, not reacquiring recessive genes already present. They have this one backwards. Successful ancestral lines must go through a season of cultural promiscuity (raping, pillaging...) and finalize in a season of incestuous elitism, i.e. reproductive autonomy.

Someone probably wants you to think these practices are unhealthy, so they can keep running the world. It is a blatant pattern of history that people who followed out these practices ruled over those who didn't. The only disease named after Vlad Teppes (who bathed in blood on a regular basis) is one with the two primary symptoms of cannibalism and immortality. Only in remarkably ignorant or passive civilizations where people are routinely slaughtered by their own government were vegetarians ever able to get a word in. Ours is fast on its way to allowing vegans to have a voice, but its not that bad yet.

Really, the best practice is drinking your own blood, or the same blood type. It is a process of purification, redistribution, reallocation, and selectivity. Cooking and freezing are not recommended. It is best to take it straight from the catheter.

After you have done this for a good while, work your way up to feces and lymph, but not until you feel intestinally prepared. The goal is to wait until your feces already smells like roses.

In a totally self-sufficient life form, there is no excretory process, except where an error is committed, or when pure food is unavailable. But in a culture like our own, the system must be reconditioned first.

#3782 - 02/02/08 04:11 PM Re: Autotheism and Immortality [Re: Chandler]
LUCIFERIFIC Offline

Loc: CA
SMIILE.
Space Migration
Intelligence Increase
Life Extention

Autotheism? I don't know, I got faults and short comings, and you are what you worship.

~~352~~

#3866 - 02/05/08 02:40 PM Re: Autotheism and Immortality [Re: Carme]
DistroyA Offline

Loc: Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
I completely agree with your initial argument. If one wants to or really feels passionately about the afterlife or immortality, then that is their own belief, and they can make it possible. This is one of the reasons why I believe in an afterlife.

I suppose the Christian society we live in has somewhat influenced that belief, but at the same time, I really don't like the idea of ceasing to exist. I want to live forever, even if my body won't.

Page 2 of 2 <12

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.023 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 24 queries. Zlib compression disabled.