4. Eyes Wide Shut

Frisky flick. Check out this and this.

#44009 - 11/05/10 08:53 AM Re: Top 15 movies [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Autodidact Offline

Originally Posted By: Michael A.Aquino
 Originally Posted By: PrinceOfBabalon
4. Eyes Wide Shut

Frisky flick. Check out this and this.

WRT the Eyes Wide Shut link ... well, he's certainly imaginative. The density of conspiracy theory rivals The Illuminatus! Trilogy.

Quote:
... I have family in the Illuminati, with my cousin's husband controlling a corporation that is located here in the Buffalo, NY USA area, which had seen sales of $1.5 BILLION in the last fiscal year,...

Come, come, good Doctor, this stretches the boundaries of believability even for you. You don't seriously expect us to believe there's an actual corporation in Buffalo, do you?

Quote:

This is a very unusual holiday design element, and it does not match my own experience at any of the parties I had personally attended over the years,
This Masked Ball segment of this film depicts an Illuminati sex-magick ritual orgy, which actually occurs behind closed doors in some of the most exclusive housing in the entire world.

Ah, I begin to see the author's real motivation here - he's just mad that he doesn't get invited to those sorts of parties.

#44014 - 11/05/10 03:13 PM Re: Top 15 movies [Re: Autodidact]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
You can have beaucoup more conspiracy-theory fun with EWS, such as here and the related youTubisms. ;\)

In the Illuminati we throw parties like this once a week at least. They're certainly more fun, and just as calorie-burning, as going to 24-Hour Fitness. Just go here and get yourself a mask.

#44045 - 11/08/10 09:07 AM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: Nightmare]
Daafje666 Offline
pledge

Loc: The Netherlands
1. The Wall (Pink Floyd)
2. The Hannibal films (exept the last one, that one sucked)
3. The Shining (classic!)
4. Inception (Hope they make a sequal)
5. The Jackass movies (no thinking, just laughing)

Daafje

#44149 - 11/17/10 09:57 AM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: Saligia]
66616 Offline
lurker

Loc: Enkhuizen, The Netherlands
my top 5 \:\)
1) SLeepy Hollow
2) Silent Hill
3) Sweeney Todd
4) The Wolfman
5) A Nightmare on Elm street

but this list changes a lot from time to time.

#44162 - 11/17/10 05:01 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: 66616]
HeimiricIX Offline
pledge

Loc: Mexico City.
Well, being a horror film geek:

1. Jacob's Ladder
This has to be one of the best horror/thriller movies ever, was the first to use the "Shaking head" effect so known now.

2. The Blair Witch Project.
I was 13 when I watched this in the movie theater and it shocked me for the "what if" posibility, I almost stand up to applaud when it ended but to my surprise people started to harshly criticize it all around me. I felt bad for them.

3. Spirited Away.

4. Labyrinth.

I love movies that take you away in a fantasy world to an adventure with strange beings and strange plots.

5. Watchmen.

Just for the sake of it. I loved the comic book and I loved the movie.

Best

#44165 - 11/17/10 07:04 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: HeimiricIX]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: HeimiricIX
Well, being a horror film geek:

2. The Blair Witch Project.

Lilith & I went to see this with Zeena & Nikolas Schreck when it first hit the theaters ... After two hours of the jerky camera action, all four of us were ready to barf.

I agree with you that horror films that just mess with your head slightly away from "normalcy" are creepier than outlandishly fantasy stuff. For instance Deathdream and Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things. And, with a nod to the impending holiday season, Black Christmas. If you aren't thoroughly creepedout by these ...

#44166 - 11/17/10 07:14 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
Jake999 Offline

Lilith & I went to see this with Zeena & Nikolas Schreck when it first hit the theaters ... After two hours of the jerky camera action, all four of us were ready to barf.

I remember when this was showing in the theaters that there were several people complaining that they had experienced disorientation and physical sickness watching The Blair Witch. I went to see it. Having flown on "low level insertions" on C-141 and C5 aircraft (flying below the radar at about 50-75 feet at about Mach .5) it wasn't all that bad.

The thing that made ME most nauseated was the fact that I had paid $8 to see a really, really BAD "horror" flick.

#44167 - 11/17/10 08:17 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
HeimiricIX Offline
pledge

After two hours of the jerky camera action, all four of us were ready to barf.

Funny becase I never had thas problem with that movie yet I can't read on moving vehicles or I risk to feel awful for hours or I never was able to play videogames like Doom (and I bet I still can't) due motion sickness, yet the movie didn't really do that to me.

As for the bad reviews the movie received I always felt they were pretty much like the bad reviews Lovecraft's stories get from time to time. Not sure exactly why though, probably because both are subtle, though in their own particular way, both are treated in a "could be truth" fashion and neither are precisely poetic nor beautiful, having fear as the real hero and the places like the main characters is not for everyone.

Well, just my opinion.

For instance Deathdream and Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things. And, with a nod to the impending holiday season, Black Christmas. If you aren't thoroughly creepedout by these ...

And I haven't seen some of those but will look for them this next weekend \:\) So thank you.

Best.

#44168 - 11/17/10 08:52 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: HeimiricIX]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Another creepycrawlie is the 1983 Frightmare, which gave me all sorts of neat ideas about what to do with my physical body's tomb ...

#44177 - 11/18/10 01:56 AM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: Michael A.Aquino]
HeimiricIX Offline
pledge

Oh that's a nice one, remember seeing it with my brother long long ago, I will need to find it again.

Now that I see my list I see I neglected there, I would probably change one or two and get Hellraiser and The Midnight Meat train there.

Also on a almost unrelated quick note as I was checking the news on horror films to come and I stumbled upon this one The Gathering which sounds strangely promising. Well, hopefully.

Best

#45744 - 12/29/10 09:59 AM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: HeimiricIX]
Jason King Offline
Banned/Martyrdom Denied

Loc: 65?1%833Q!92A24 (It's a code)
My list changes constantly, but here is now:

1. Dazed and Confused
2. The Matrix (I)
3. Friday
4. Seven
5. Jackie Brown

no potsmoker jokes, please . . .

JK

#46512 - 01/11/11 07:49 AM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: Jason King]
PurpleCentipede Offline
lurker

Loc: Miami,FL
1.Eraserhead
2.Scarface
3.Blue Velvet
4.Chopper
5.Cocaine Cowboys

#46730 - 01/13/11 04:02 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: Nightmare]
Goliath Offline
pledge

A number of my favourites have already been listed.

Since the OP was asking for movies to watch, here are my five favourites which nobody seems to have mentioned:

1. Double Indemnity--the archetypal film noir
2. LA Confidential--brilliant neo-noir
3. Network--vicious satire of network television
4. Unforgiven--both a deconstruction of the myth of the Old West, and a meditation on bad faith
5. The Killing. Or maybe Paths of Glory. Or Barry Lyndon. Something by Kubrick, anyway.

#46731 - 01/13/11 04:52 PM Re: Top 5 movies [Re: Goliath]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Goliath
2. LA Confidential--brilliant neo-noir

Two other James Ellroy novels have been filmed: Brown's Requiem and The Black Dahlia. Both are easily worth their DVD price.

JE is a hoot. I met him once in San Francisco, and he speaks just like he writes:

Originally Posted By: James Ellroy, Fallen Angels
Inside of seventy years ago some writers hatched a revisionist notion that, contrary to commonly-held gospel, America was the wrong place at the wrong time, led by the wrong leaders, feeding a wronged population a line of jive that sounded good but had to go wrong because the entire American venture was a freak curve ball arcing the wrong way; gathering power and veering out of control, held temporarily aloft by a pervasive corruption intrinsic to its momentum, but bound to hit the gutter anyway.

Page 7 of 13 « First<56789>Last »

Moderator:  TV is God, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, fakepropht, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.