Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#25634 - 06/14/09 11:19 AM Summer film fare...
FromGehenna Offline
pledge

Being a fan of big-screen eye candy under the provision that it has a hlaf-decent story and engaging characters, what do you think of the big 4 summer films that we have had so far, being Watchmen, Star Trek, Terminator Salvation and the prospect of Michael Bay's follow-up blockbuster Transformers 2 Revenge of The Fallen?

Watchmen for me was a remarkable film that managed to transfer Alan Moore's graphic novel onto the cinema screen without too much reshaping. I went in to watch Star Trek with absolutely no preconceptions and was totally blown away by it. Makes everything in the now-dead Trek franchise of the past 20 years look stale by comparison.

Terminator Salvation was a let-down, regardless of how well put together the action was. Christian Bale couldn't save it.

And i have no doubt that Transformers 2 will be loud, flashy and very funny in places, just like the first!

#26220 - 06/25/09 08:50 AM Re: Summer film fare... [Re: FromGehenna]
Jester Offline
pledge

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Watchmen was awesome, being a fan of the graphic novel I was impressed. As for others, I haven't had the time or the desire to spend 13 dollars on being disappointed. There are some other films I am more excited for, Inglorious Basterds for one. District 9 looks pretty interesting as well. Here in Montreal we have the Fantasia film festival coming which is festival for horror, sci-fi, and fantasy films from around the world, so I am looking forward to seeing what is on the bill. Big Budget films normally don't turn my crank.

#26472 - 06/30/09 05:33 PM Re: Summer film fare... [Re: Jester]
FromGehenna Offline
pledge

You haven't missed much on the summer movie front. Terminator 4 was passable, and Transformers 2 was loud, flashy and hollow.
#26481 - 07/01/09 12:22 AM Re: Summer film fare... [Re: FromGehenna]
Jester Offline
pledge

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I saw Transformers 2 the other day...I didn't like it all. Michael Bay (who should die, stupid bastard) makes the same movie all the time. Explosions, some T&A shots, a quick witted lead who tries to hard to be heroic...and that same stupid slow motion shot...mix it up man. He makes popcorn flicks for those who don't want to be challenged by a movie, only "entertained." It's pure crap.

#26828 - 07/05/09 11:25 AM Re: Summer film fare... [Re: Jester]
FromGehenna Offline
pledge

Bad Boys
The Rock
Armageddon
Pearl Harbour
Bad Boys 2
The Island
Transformers

Okay, so if you have seen even half of the films listed here, then why bother at all complaining about Transformers 2? Same shit, different title. Almost specifically, more of the same.

Bay is the master of cinematic carnage, and i for one enjoy watching his once-every-two-years films whilst also enjoying film by Guillermo Del Toro and more independent film makers.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, fakepropht, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.018 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.