Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#25847 - 06/20/09 06:37 PM Satannet.com
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
That site is an embarrassment.

I read the basics of the site and I thought, hmmm, I'll consider joining the site, making a few posts, after all I'm a generally chatty person you guys know this.

To start, I wasn't impresses with the site itself, most areas didn't work and it looked like you needed to pay to get access to certain areas (people don't pay for anything over the internet, expecting them to is stupid).

I then saw that Magistra Peggy Nadramia was a member and quite an active member of the forums there and I thought, well, this has to be an intriguing forum them.

...then I read the post quality, awful to say the least. Extremely restrictive and some areas are accessible only if you PAY to get in. It's pathetic. The only areas of this forum not accessible to all members is the blue section and that at least is a reasonable restriction. Make an effort and you can take part in discussion with others that also have consistently made an effort, but restricting based on how much cash your prepared to give them, that's just pathetic. They also has sections dedicated to those who are members of the Church of Satan.

I realise I'm just bitching, and I'm bitching about something I need not subject myself to, but I'm wondering have others joined this forum or had any experience on this forum. I joined, haven't even posted, the unprofessional layout and under-par level of post quality put me off entirely, and I practically use forum trolling as a pass-time, so I'm used to post quality being a lot less than it is here.

What are other peoples opinion of this site, the forum and the member base, and do people feel it reflects on the membership of the Church of Satan as a whole?

#25849 - 06/20/09 07:02 PM Re: Satannet.com [Re: TornadoCreator]
Meq Offline
Banned

I posted about this back in September 2007, just after the600club.com was relaunched - I'd had a look at it that summer when this forum was down:
http://www.the600club.com/topic117-all.html#UNREAD

Here's a nice juicy example of that site's "wisdom":

Quote:
"Satanists agree with -EVERYTHING- in the Satanic Bible. We do not need convincing or discussion. We just do. Agreeing with the Satanic Bible makes us Satanists. If you disagree with any part of the Satanic Bible (including and highlighted by Eleven Satanic Rules of Earth, Nine Satanic Statements, or Nine Satanic Sins) you are not a Satanist. Sorry, if you wanted the title but no Satanist needs to pick and choose what to agree with."

A black sheep, no matter how black it is is nevertheless still a sheep.

There are pearls among the dung there however but they do take some digging.

Meq

#25863 - 06/20/09 10:30 PM Re: Satannet.com [Re: Damian]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
Then why Damian are you saying this in a topic that has nothing to do with why you're here? This is a quick was of making yourself seem as though you're not prepared to read the posts before you.

#25889 - 06/21/09 12:16 PM Re: Satannet.com [Re: TornadoCreator]
FromGehenna Offline
pledge

Satannet.com has started charging people to access other sections of it's forums? Shit, i knew that Lestat Ventrue was getting divorced, but i didn't know he was that short of cash!
Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.015 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 17 queries. Zlib compression disabled.