Page 3 of 8 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#25999 - 06/22/09 09:39 PM Re: What offends you the most? [Re: TornadoCreator]
Mike Offline

Loc: Farmingdale, NY
I'm not assuming anything. Saying rape isn't that bad and that child molestation is no big deal is just retarded...Yes you're correct that being beaten and what not is bad too, it all has to do with how you handle it. Stress in any form effects people differently, but this particular event has been known in most instances to cause severe psychological damage, especially in children who are still developing emotionally.

You're position on this is quite ignorant, so I'm just going to ignore it. Just because you feel you can handle whatever horrible events you have to doesn't mean that it's not a big deal to others.

Seriously, you're just being an asshole at this point.

#26000 - 06/22/09 10:30 PM Re: What offends you the most? [Re: Dan_Dread]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
TC, seriously, dude, I think you need to think more about this subject and not just from your own limited standpoint. You said you would reelvaluate your thoughts, please do so.

BUT instead you write:
"Secondly, you're assuming rape itself is inherently traumatising and will leave an permanent mental scar..."
THEN
"I just don't think child molestation is WORSE than raping an adult, this is the ONLY claim I'm making..."
THEN
"The media treat child abuse as the worst crime ever and people go along with it."

Of course Rape leaves a mental scar, it is a tramuatising event. Rape is not consentual sex. The rape of a child is not a consentual act. Babies, 3 year old kids, etc. can not give consent. Rape is usally about power and control, its not always about getting a nut off. I can not understand how you do not see a difference between raping a 3 year old kid and raping a 55 year old woman.

Perhaphs you have a bias against the media? In this case, really you should examine your views. Child molesters and rapists are scum on the jail totem pole because most people have a sister or a child and would kill anyone who would hurt them.

Maybe you are just dense, and getting creepier with each of your responses. I think you should have quit when you were ahead, 2 pages ago.

Morgan

#26004 - 06/22/09 10:57 PM Re: What offends you the most? [Re: Morgan]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
Right. I'm getting fed up of this now. Everyone seems to have the same unsubstantiated point. Let's deal with this one like a proper debate. Clearly the "I'm just stating my opinion" line didn't get through. Let's go though the claims people are assuming.

1. Child molestation causes psychological trauma that is notably more severe than the trauma felt by someone who is maimed, raped as an adult, observing a family tragedy etc.

Provide some evidence of this. This is the basis of everyones argument. Provide some objective studies that show that child molestation is considerably worse than other forms of childhood trauma and any form of adult trauma.

"Severe psychological trauma", sounds like something we'd have studied, you know, scientifically.

I have thought a lot about this subject. I've thought deeply about it. I have a very definite perspective on the subject and it's quite delicate. People are easily upset and outraged about it, but you know what. I'm bloody right about this one. I don't care if people think I'm an asshole or if they think I'm "creepy", that's your problem to deal with. I got e-lynched for what I wrote and I caved, I said how I may have been a little too hasty and extreme it what I said but you know what I wasn't. I've just read back what I said on the subject. Here it is.

Quote:
As for Zephyr's point. Child abuse I can't stand, but people make too big a deal about child molestation. It's not a big deal, or at least not as big as it's made out to be. Sure rape is bad, but why is it suddenly so much worse when it's a child that's harmed. I've had some fairly bad things happen to me in the past, but honestly, a little child molestation is never going to be in the top five worst. Only the most weak of people allow something like that to keep them from growing and developing as a person. If anything looking back, as a child being abused, you can at least console yourself in the knowledge that you where young, weak, too impressionable, and unable to reasonably defend yourself. As an adult you can't. Maybe you could have screamed at the right time. Maybe you could have fought back. Maybe you could have done something to stop it. Rape is a nasty crime but it's not as bad as people make out, and child molestation is honestly blown out of proportion. I would say grievous bodily harm is worse. Making someone loose their sight, hearing, the ability to walk, etc. much worse that rape, you can recover from rape. The courts seem to disagree.

And this is how I'd change it if I was to go back.
 Quote:
As for Zephyr's point. Child abuse I can't stand, but people make too big a deal about child abuse, especially molestation. It's not as big as it's made out to be especially by the media. Sure rape is bad, but why is it suddenly so much worse when it's a child that's harmed. I've had some fairly bad things happen to me in the past, but honestly, a little child molestation is never going to be in the top five worst. Only the most weak of people allow something like that to keep them from growing and developing as a person. If anything looking back, as a child being abused, you can at least console yourself in the knowledge that you where young, weak, too impressionable, and unable to reasonably defend yourself. As an adult you can't. Maybe you could have screamed at the right time. Maybe you could have fought back. Maybe you could have done something to stop it. Rape is a nasty crime but it's not as bad as people make out, and child molestation is honestly blown out of proportion. I would say grievous bodily harm is worse. Making someone loose their sight, hearing, the ability to walk, etc. much worse that rape, you can recover from rape. The courts seem to disagree though, often giving much worse sentences for rape than GBH, I think it should be the other way around.

NOT FUCKING ONCE did I support child molestation, claim it was a good thing, claim it wasn't a bad thing, or in any way defend it. I can't stand it, I went through it for fuck sake, why would I defend it? All I'm doing is looking at it objectively.

If you're all so pig-ignorant that you can't admit that you're all being judgemental and indignant then you're opinions are worth nothing to me. I expect such posts of one or two people but Morgan and Dan, you're wearing blue, I expect a certain amount of quality from your posts, not name calling. I would like to say this is the last I'll say on the matter, but so people know, I have considered this carefully, and I stand by my original statement, in its entirety. What can I say, I don't take well to brow-beating and herd conformity was never something I was known for. Now can we all please find something else to talk about.

#26006 - 06/22/09 11:08 PM Re: What offends you the most? [Re: TornadoCreator]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Nope, we cant.

Your opinion is what I find offensive.

1. If you cant understand the difference, then no amount of medical paperwork, evidence, shit shoved in your face is going to make a difference.

Your personal experiences are the basis of your opinions, as are mine. We discussed this on page 1.

Whatever TC, I think you just need to learn and grow more. I think you need to see that sometimes you hamper yourself, maybe blame your autism for your lack of understanding issues outside yourself?

You missed the whole point of what I said earlier.

Morgan

#26011 - 06/23/09 12:26 AM Re: What offends you the most? [Re: Morgan]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
 Quote:
NOT FUCKING ONCE did I support child molestation, claim it was a good thing, claim it wasn't a bad thing, or in any way defend it. I can't stand it, I went through it for fuck sake, why would I defend it? All I'm doing is looking at it objectively.

Actually you have claimed that
 Originally Posted By: TornadoCreator
It's not a big deal, or at least not as big as it's made out to be.

And that my friend is claiming it wasn't a bad thing to everyone here but you. So I'm sorry but you still don't get it.

You were demoted from blue for reasons of Xear's own. You got a week long ban and then we don't see you again for a year and you're still trying to pick the same fight? You are trolling?

Anyway, who says you've gotten over it anyway. I see a young man, who is still very much under the grips of the hurt done to him by sexual abuse, that is trying to be all tough about something he shouldn't be. Get it?????? Yet???????????

Zeph

#26012 - 06/23/09 01:12 AM Re: What offends you the most? [Re: Morgan]
Meq Offline
Banned

Seriously guys, enough of the mud-slinging and ad hominems, or this thread will be locked.

People are unlikely to agree on such a hot-button issue as this, but an inability to debate on a civil footing without resorting to childish name-calling and every logical fallacy in the book is not what I would consider a virtue by any standards, and only weakens your own position.

#26013 - 06/23/09 01:24 AM Re: What offends you the most? [Re: TornadoCreator]
miriam Offline
pledge

Loc: Seattle, WA
what offends me the most? people who claim to be great artists, but produce mindless, repetitive drivel- sell-outs. people in SUVs who wear birkenstocks, or have "think green" bumper stickers. men who tell me i'm not feminine when i swear or crack my knuckles. onions. onions deeply offend me. people leaving their animals behind in emergencies. and i am extremely offended when people call my small dog a rat.

tc, at the risk of offending- autism impairs the development of social interaction and communication, especially in the realm of emotions. maybe in the long run this has helped you "get over" your own abuse. alternately, maybe you haven't dealt with it at all, or you're so scarred and anti-social you've been touted autistic. whatever your personal situation, what really offends me is your claim that child molestation and rape are not "a big deal", and that people who are traumatized are weak.
if anything, you should know better, not those in blue. this is overtly offensive to anyone who has been abused as a child or otherwise, and anyone who is beloved of the abused.
"a little child molestation is never going to be in the top five worst." wow.

Edited by miriam (06/23/09 01:31 AM)

#26029 - 06/23/09 07:58 AM Re: What offends you the most? [Re: ZephyrGirl]
TornadoCreator Offline

Originally Posted By: ZephyrGirl
 Quote:

Actually you have claimed that
 Originally Posted By: TornadoCreator
It's not a big deal, or at least not as big as it's made out to be.

And that my friend is claiming it wasn't a bad thing to everyone here but you. So I'm sorry but you still don't get it.

Well that's not how it was intended to be taken.

You were demoted from blue for reasons of Xear's own. You got a week long ban and then we don't see you again for a year and you're still trying to pick the same fight? You are trolling?

Xear's forum, xear's choice. Honestly I can't even remember why I lost the blue name now, it doesn't matter, it was over a year ago, it's done and dusted.

Anyway, who says you've gotten over it anyway. I see a young man, who is still very much under the grips of the hurt done to him by sexual abuse, that is trying to be all tough about something he shouldn't be. Get it?????? Yet???????????

Zeph

This is the only argument so far that I can accept as reasonable. I don't believe I am traumatised but it's entirely possible, the subject under study can't objectively study itself after all. If that's the case then fine.

Honestly we're not really going to resolve this issue like Meq said. I'm happy to call it a difference of opinion and leave it at that. It's not worth falling out over.

#26031 - 06/23/09 08:03 AM Re: What offends you the most? [Re: miriam]
TornadoCreator Offline

Originally Posted By: miriam
tc, at the risk of offending- autism impairs the development of social interaction and communication, especially in the realm of emotions. maybe in the long run this has helped you "get over" your own abuse. alternately, maybe you haven't dealt with it at all, or you're so scarred and anti-social you've been touted autistic. whatever your personal situation, what really offends me is your claim that child molestation and rape are not "a big deal", and that people who are traumatized are weak.
if anything, you should know better, not those in blue. this is overtly offensive to anyone who has been abused as a child or otherwise, and anyone who is beloved of the abused.
"a little child molestation is never going to be in the top five worst." wow.

Perhaps my own experiences have made me numb to the subject at hand, it's entirely reasonable. I don't mind people making such claims, and it's possible that my social issues are caused by the trauma of the event, after all I wasn't diagnosed till I was 12. That said it should be fairly easy for trained professionals to identify Autism. I understand my opinion may well be offensive to some, I don't expect everyone to like my opinion, I just feel the personal insults are going too far that's all. But like I said in my last post, Meq is right the subject isn't likely to be resolved, I'm happy to discuss like this when people are reasonable, but I don't want to cause tension on the forum, so I'll leave it at that unless someone has anything specific to add.

#26116 - 06/24/09 08:54 AM Re: What offends you the most? [Re: TornadoCreator]
Demogorgon Offline
stranger

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
I don't get offended by anything but if anyone is rude or disrespects elderly people it really gets under my skin.
#26117 - 06/24/09 10:50 AM Re: What offends you the most? [Re: TornadoCreator]
Mike Offline

Loc: Farmingdale, NY
 Quote:
Clearly the "I'm just stating my opinion" line didn't get through. Let's go though the claims people are assuming.

I would think someone who's been here as long as you would realize that once you state your opinion on this forum you should EXPECT it to be challenged, and if it offends others or pisses them off you should also expect to get your head ripped off. This is a very touchy subject, and when the topic of a post is "what offends you the most" and you try to downplay what apparently offends a lot of people on here, it doesn't matter if you support rape or are a rapist yourself, your a jackass who said child molestation is no big deal because you think having a dick shoved up your ass as a kid wouldn't have made you any more fucked up than you are now having experienced whatever in your life.

Get a fucking clue.

#26135 - 06/24/09 04:30 PM Re: What offends you the most? [Re: Mike]
hellbent666
Unregistered

WTF?! Are you serious Tornado Creator?! I'm gone for like a year and I come back to this? Seriously, ANYTHING that happens to kids fucks me up! I almost shed tears every time I hear about a kid getting hurt. Some adult gets fucked, or fucked up I could honestly care less as long as it's not a friend or family member of mine. I could not handle the thought of anything happening to my little buddy Henry \:\( Just pondering this idea is messing me up...

Things that offend me are elitist assholes, promiscuous women, un-educated people that "think" they know what they're talking about, any kind of child abuse, Pollitical Correctness, Politricks, little girls wearing booty shorts and belly tops, underage mothers, substance abuse, pomposity, etc... I could literally go on for days.

WTF TC?!

#26154 - 06/24/09 10:11 PM Re: What offends you the most? [Re: ]
spiderbreeder Offline

Loc: Sydney,Australia
Well, tc has created somewhat of a "tornado" here, hasn't he?

And like all inherent shit-stirrers, he's probably relishing the outrage being displayed by everyone here.

He's freely admitted that he enjoys a good "debate" , and he'll just keep stoking the fire while we continue to provide him with the fuel.

It's plain to see somebody's getting their rocks off here, see the game for what it is....

#26156 - 06/24/09 10:26 PM Re: What offends you the most? [Re: spiderbreeder]
TornadoCreator Offline

It's amazing how many people here are so 'morally outraged'. You guys are supposed to be fucking Satanists, it's the only religion in the world where selfish behaviour is a damn virtue. I'd get less shit from religious people than I've got here, it's becoming comical.

Seriously though, my stance on the subject is perfectly reasonable, I've discussed it in chat rooms (including the one here), and even with friends and family here. Most people I discuss it with seem to, not necessarily agree with me, but agree that my point are reasonable and can understand where I'm coming from. Clearly you guys are just a bit fucked up, because you clearly don't get it.

#26157 - 06/24/09 10:28 PM Re: What offends you the most? [Re: TornadoCreator]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Whatever....

My last comments on the first page still holds true.

Morgan

Page 3 of 8 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.