Page 5 of 6 « First<23456>
Topic Options
#73394 - 12/01/12 03:30 PM Re: A Field Guide to Critical Thinking [Re: Asmedious]
VonMetal Offline
stranger

Loc: US
An excellent post, an excellent read. Thank you for sharing this intense information on Critical Thinking. I find this very understandable, interesting and Awesome! I like being able to identify the facts of reality and validating them. Never deny what you verify!
#73513 - 12/03/12 08:39 AM Re: A Field Guide to Critical Thinking [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
jason mcdaniel Offline
banned
stranger

Loc: wenatchee wa,
Thank you for sharing the works of James Lett with me.
Je'suis de'soleje pour mon professeur de comportement sarrasins.
Anton,merci de benir mon maitre et moi-meme thrue. I am sorry for my brash behavior teacher.Anton,thank for blessing my teacher ,and yourself thrue me
Anton how i empower thee as magnifying power we
fulfillment of our wills receive fulfillment of our wills repreive whence forth since hence hence forth since whence rightously now we recompense the cause acheived by victory it is our will how made to be

You need to use a spell check. You also need to use proper English sentence structure. I find it hard to believe you are writing in French when you can't even use English. Keep up this stupid shit and you will be banned. Morgan

Edited by Morgan (12/03/12 01:09 PM)
Edit Reason: warning/information

#76950 - 06/07/13 06:20 PM Re: A Field Guide to Critical Thinking [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
VonMetal Offline
stranger

Loc: US
What is so really fucked up is there is no such thing as common sense when dealing with the so called new generation. Thank you so much for the video and post. \m/
#81240 - 10/17/13 07:37 PM Re: A Field Guide to Critical Thinking [Re: VonMetal]
OrderOfNine Offline
Suspended
pledge

Loc: Michigan
My Opinion:
Critical thinking is relevant in every single thought you produce.
You need to be able to pick out the bullshit, not only in the theories of others but in your own as well, because the belief in a single lie is the beginning of all falsehood.
I consider the occult an unrecognized science, and as such we are all scientists of varying degrees. Logic, reason, critical thinking and The Scientific Method will bring you a long ways if you let it. Hell, you might even change the world.

Also, some funny motherfuckers up in this forum.. Lol @ the guy who can see into the future..

#81264 - 10/18/13 02:18 PM Re: A Field Guide to Critical Thinking [Re: OrderOfNine]
Mensch Offline
lurker

Loc: Germany
I really like Robert Anton Wilson's view concerning the reality tunnels. -Even though he (as far as I know) never claimed to be a satanist. There are not that much things in the world you can really know for sure. But there is an endless amount of "what ifs"... There are some good videos on YouTube about Wilson explaining his views.

Edited by Mensch (10/18/13 02:58 PM)
Edit Reason: Edited the video link

#82355 - 11/15/13 08:34 PM Re: A Field Guide to Critical Thinking [Re: Mensch]
Synth_estesia616 Offline
lurker

Excellent post. That's one of the reason why I love coming here, because I always learn something new. If everyone one used this method, nobody would be clinging to fallacies and misinformation.
#82366 - 11/16/13 02:14 PM Re: A Field Guide to Critical Thinking [Re: Synth_estesia616]
FemaleSatan Offline

Loc: The Dirty South
 Quote:
If everyone one used this method, nobody would be clinging to fallacies and misinformation.

This isn't true. Nobody is going to know everything about everything.

Plus, the human factor plays in. Humans are irrational, emotionally driven animals. Critical thinking can be applied but it won't be 100% critical thinking all the time.

I can be logical about love or I can feel and experience love. The person I fall for emotionally could be a completely illogical choice. <<< example

Edited by FemaleSatan (11/16/13 02:15 PM)
Edit Reason: Added example

#82561 - 11/22/13 12:37 AM Re: A Field Guide to Critical Thinking [Re: FemaleSatan]
Aciel Offline

Excellent article, totally useable. Unless of coarse, the subject doing the critical thinking and judging assumed he or she had, at that time, all evidence, discovered, or not. So they key to unlocking critical thinking is to never, ever stop questioning. The minute one looses fascination with the impossible, the universe sucks.

#82682 - 11/27/13 05:45 AM Re: A Field Guide to Critical Thinking [Re: Aciel]
Goltza Offline
lurker

Loc: OZ
This is an amazing article. As an Atheist, I find it fascinating. As a Satanist, I would find it a little "scientific".
#83638 - 12/27/13 02:29 AM Re: A Field Guide to Critical Thinking [Re: Goltza]
Randall Offline
lurker

Loc: United States
Absolutely marvelous! Thank you for sharing this. I believe this post will require a few read-throughs on my part to soak it all in.

I homeschool my children for these very reasons...however, even now, agents of the State's Ivory Tower is trying to tell me HOW to homeschool, and getting damn pushy in the process.

I'm having now to teach them (my children) two ways: "theirs" and the "critical" way. Basically, I have to hand in papers with "their" way, being sure to tell my kids that it isn't always the "right" way. Yes, I am teaching my kids how to lie and act...but they seem to understand the reasons why. Their mom and I are both Satanists, so I can only hope the apples didn't fall too far from the tree.

#87060 - 04/30/14 10:14 AM Re: A Field Guide to Critical Thinking [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
inanna Offline
stranger

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Very informative! I will definitely file this away.

Always nice to go back to as a reference.

Thank you .....

#94491 - 11/29/14 03:52 PM Re: A Field Guide to Critical Thinking [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Jason Star Offline
stranger

Thank you for taking to time to post this summary. This was a great review of what I learned in my critical thinking class in college. I am at a place in my life where this type of critical thinking is in play. I'm trying to grow past all the delusions that were put there through previous learning and the art of suggestion by the people that were influential in making my psychological make up so blurry and detached from reality and truth. I am hungry for truth, and this is the tools and process I need to satisfy my desire. Sometimes I wish I could just wipe my disc clean and start new, but instead its more of a purification and purging type of process.

#94501 - 11/30/14 10:28 AM Re: A Field Guide to Critical Thinking [Re: Jason Star]
Megatron Offline

Loc: fuckit, some kid cracked my co...
Exactly. And what I learned was precisely this: "The six rules of evidential reasoning are my own". Direct quote from the Opie, emphasis mine.

Every single worldview is OWNED. Whether by an individual or a collective. Which are you?

Oh, and I spell everything right.

#94638 - 12/04/14 02:59 PM Re: A Field Guide to Critical Thinking [Re: Megatron]
Jason Star Offline
stranger

Megatron
"Every single worldview is OWNED. Whether by an individual or a collective." This is an awesome statement. I own my worldview, which I believe be based in truth and in real time. The collective worldview by others, when I relate with it, seems that its archaic and not based in the current reality.

#94659 - 12/05/14 10:01 AM Re: A Field Guide to Critical Thinking [Re: Jason Star]
when7iseleven Offline

Loc: High Peak, UK
 Originally Posted By: Jason Star

which I believe be based in truth and in real time.

I'm sure you do, along with the other 7 billion souls that inhabit the Earth.

Originally Posted By: Jason Star

and not based in the current reality.

Which current reality would that be? Yours, ours or the?

Page 5 of 6 « First<23456>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.