Page 1 of 7 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#2601 - 12/06/07 05:51 PM Drug use indulgence or stupidity?
SSSnake Offline
pledge

Loc: PA. U.S.A.
Where does one draw the line? If one doe's what they love? And
If we except our actions, be it good or bad, should one have liberty to do what one will's ? I say yes, but why so many debates; on satanist doing drugs?

What if it brings you joy? \:\)

D.L.B

Edited by SSSnake (12/06/07 06:02 PM)

#2604 - 12/06/07 06:07 PM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: SSSnake]
hellbent666
Unregistered

Satanism is all about responsible indulgence right? The only thing I ever found in The Satanic Bible that said not to use drugs was specifically about using during rituals. LaVey said it clouded your natural abilities to make your magic willed into motion. I'm an ex-drug abuser and that is totally not a Satanic thing to engage in. If it feels good then do it but think about it before you do it and see if it is detrimental to what you are currently trying to do. There are plenty of Satanists that use or have at least experimented with drugs before but it doesn't get out of control for them.
#2606 - 12/06/07 06:17 PM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: ]
SSSnake Offline
pledge

Yes but thats kind of two fold some satanist dont even belive in magic. Control is a fanasy to them. Crowley did lots of drugs, so what did that make him?

#2610 - 12/06/07 08:39 PM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: SSSnake]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
Crowley was into Thelma I believe that would make him a Thelmite...

~T~

#2611 - 12/06/07 08:45 PM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: SSSnake]
Equilibrio Offline
pledge

Loc: Missouri
Drugs can be a valuable tool in terms of mind expansion and perception tweaking.

I suppose the recreational use of drugs is alright as long as one doesn't let it gain control of them. Indulgence, not compulsion as the saying goes.

I've never really understood the appeal of drug induced intoxication. I mean, I've had some decent experiences in my day, but the novelty ended for me as soon as I absorbed what I could from it. It boggles my mind how people can spend decades of their lives getting high / drunk over and over again. What is the thrill in this kind of redundant activity? Is there some sort of goal that people are trying to achieve by it?

#2612 - 12/06/07 09:00 PM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: ta2zz]
SSSnake Offline
pledge

THELMITEWhat is a Thelemite? There are a few ways of looking at the word. First of all, the dictionary provides a defintion tantamount to hedonist. So, when not capitalized, it may well mean this. In fact Brother R.B.'s thesis on the word 'Thelemite' suggests even the capitalized version of the word may well mean this. That's not the way most Thelemites see it, though. A Thelemite is someone who follows the philosophical path of Thelema, which is also a religion in the United States based on this philosophy. but didn't he do drugs?

D.L.B.

Equilibrio,

Quote:
I've never really understood the appeal of drug induced intoxication. I mean, I've had some decent experiences in my day, but the novelty ended for me as soon as I absorbed what I could from it. It boggles my mind how people can spend decades of their lives getting high / drunk over and over again. What is the thrill in this kind of redundant activity? Is there some sort of goal that people are trying to achieve by it?

you have made me think thanks

Edited by SSSnake (12/06/07 09:11 PM)

#2616 - 12/07/07 02:32 AM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: SSSnake]
hellbent666
Unregistered

I've read Diary of a Drug Fiend by Aleister Crowley and throughout the book it seems as if he's completely lost all ability to control his consumption until the end. He has some kind of awakening and realizes that he can define proper uses for his drugs and it doesn't have to be detrimental to his daily activities anymore. I guess it was more of an epiphany of sorts for Crowley or at least that's how the book explains it.
#2618 - 12/07/07 03:36 AM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: Equilibrio]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
To quote Bukowski...

"Anyone can be a 'non-drunk', being a drunk takes endurance - endurance is more important than truth."

Have you ever "lost your mind"?

I haven't, it just keeps coming back - piece of shit that it is...

#2621 - 12/07/07 07:57 AM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: daevid777]
Equilibrio Offline
pledge

Loc: Missouri
Mmmm-mmmmm...Love me some Bukowski.

I am well aware of the endurance required to be a "competition level" drunkard, as I have been a liquor store manager for just over 11 years. I have trained with the best, you could say.

And I would have to agree with our late pickled friend that endurance is more important than truth. Of course, so is everything else as I have yet to personally meet a truth that can withstand the grinding, panzer-like caress of my imagination.

I still don't understand the appeal of making intoxication a lifetime habit though...I think I just ask "why" too much. Maybe I should look up the local chapter of "Introspectives Anonymous".

#2623 - 12/07/07 12:37 PM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: SSSnake]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Drug & Alchol use and indulgence.

If you need it to get up in the morning its a problem.
If you need it inorder to function "normally", its a problem.
If you rob, beg, borrow, and steal for it, its a problem.
It then rules you.
You are no longer in control of your life.

If you can do it socially, on occassion, and stop.
Its not a problem.

Yes, the uses can bring about joy, but you have to be able to understand what the joy is bringing you.

Laughter
Comfort
Forgetting Stuff
Spiritualness
Awareness
Numbness
Calmness

Its all a matter of how you chose to use it, its just another tool.

Morg

Edited by Morgan (12/07/07 12:45 PM)
Edit Reason: My personal stupidy is my own business.

#2626 - 12/07/07 03:53 PM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: Equilibrio]
Happy Birthday Euronymous Offline
stranger

Loc: san diego, ca
I totally concur on the aforementioned statement. When you use drugs by means of indulgence, you have control; when you use drugs by means of compulsion, you have no control. A Satanist must always have control of His or Her own mental focus and life. It's as simple as that. If your going to do drugs, do it to indulge not as a compulsion.

#2632 - 12/07/07 07:41 PM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: daevid777]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
To quote Dean Martin....

"I feel sorry for those of you who don't drink. You wake up in the morning, and that's the best you're going to feel all day"

#2642 - 12/08/07 01:44 AM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: fakepropht]
lee Offline
*BANNED* aka SSSnake
lurker

I smoke dope and drink 15 beers a day if someone dont like it they can lick my balls
#2645 - 12/08/07 07:54 AM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: lee]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
You smoke weed and drink like a fish. Guess what? It shows.

Perhaps a memorial service is in order for you lee, to pay tribute to the millions of brain cells you've killed over the years.

#2655 - 12/08/07 10:10 PM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: fakepropht]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
\:\) You DO understand!!!

Nice...

Page 1 of 7 12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.