Page 2 of 7 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#2692 - 12/10/07 06:37 PM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: SSSnake]
Succubus666 Offline

Like everything else in the world, mind-altering substances and their use are merely a matter of perception. I’ve never concerned myself with the minds of alcoholics or drug addicts because those are the minds of the weak and the foolish. You could delve deeper into the matter psychologically and say that these people have experienced something so horrible in life that the inability to cope with such constant negative emotions surrounding such events leads them to seeking solace in numbness. Having a history of parents or close acquaintances who have abused substances actually has an educational effect in that it teaches the individual that it is an appropriate way to deal with one’s problems (you see the exact same result with those who have a family history of suicide, domestic violence, etc.). The desire to seek numbness continues to cycle if the individual is unwilling or unable to cope with the negative emotions that led to it in the first place, and further spirals downward into addition and self-destruction.

Ultimately this is the result of a weak mind, a lack of self-control and self-respect. Even when you throw nature (genetics) and nurture (social upbringing) into the mix, in the end it is ultimately up to the individual who can make any decision he wants based on his own strength and integrity. I have come across some Satanists over the years who have chosen to experiment little or not at all with drugs out of the ignorant assumption that using something once or twice automatically leads to addiction. This myth is perpetrated by the media, right-wing conservatives, youth anti-drug campaigns and perhaps even from having witnessed a few people in their own lives deal with addiction. I can tell you from extensive personal experience, in my own lives and in the lives of people I know, that this is not at all the case for every person.

There are intelligent people out there who occasionally indulge in mind-altering substances having educated themselves on the matter and knowing they are not foolish enough to waste their money or their lives on the over consumption of such things. For artists it presents a creative experience, philosophers and writers may find new ideals not readily available within their usual mindset, and overall many people find enlightening (although from time to time scary) experiences that may not otherwise be available to them.

The war on drugs exists worldwide because the majority of drug users we see in society are not very intelligent and have a significant lack of self-respect and free will. Unfortunately that makes things difficult for the rest of us. There will always be a difference, opposite as black and white, between the intelligent recreational substance users and those who choose to abuse them, become addicted and forfeit their self-respect. It is regrettable that within the human race the sheep seem to have always outnumbered the wolves.

#2740 - 12/13/07 11:57 AM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: SSSnake]
MARUTUKKU Offline
lurker

Loc: pennsylvania USA
I think that drug use clouds your mind, stifling you desire and drive to to achieve your goals. Don't get me Wrong, i believe the occasional use (and i dont mean once a week, thats NOT ocasional) can be fine. Of course a large chunk of the population has more of a tendency towards drug abuse. I had my time with it, and now that i havent touched anything but some beer every now and then, i feel much more open minded and focused.

Also, something not mentioned here (unless I missed it) is prescription drugs (ie: painkillers, psychotropic medication). Doctors are some of the world biggest drug dealers in the world. Countless numbers of people have fallen victim to the addiction of painkellers afetr a major surgery, an accident, a trip to the mental ward, depression, and many other reasons. I know i did. Some blame it on the doctors, but i say thats bullshit. It's just an example of how the drugs cloud your mind, leading people to believe that is a viable exscuse for thier problems.

In hindsight, be careful. That shit can bite you in the ass before you know it.

#2743 - 12/13/07 06:04 PM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: MARUTUKKU]
Equilibrio Offline
pledge

Loc: Missouri
Not all drugs cloud your mind.

As a matter of fact, some substances can actually alter your perceptions in such a way as to make you more focused and aware.

And as far as attaining goals goes...There are those who simply think that the world is way more kick-ass when experienced through a psychedelic haze. There are countless books and recordings that prove it. Would you say that Hunter S. Thompson or The Beatles had problems attaining their goals?

#2744 - 12/13/07 06:15 PM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: Equilibrio]
hellbent666
Unregistered

What about Reverend Marilyn Manson? He's a great example of an intelligent and productive drug using Satanist. I'm pretty sure that he uses drugs to feel good which is ultimately indulgence. Not all drug users are addicts. I've also noticed that my art is enhanced when I use psychadelics, but maybe this is just my perception of things. I also think it depends on the drug/s. When you buy cocaine you contribute to the deaths of innocent people in Columbia. So that is not living and let live. But pot really is becoming less of an issue for people all over the U.S. They (scientists) are also finding that MDMA (extasy) is beneficial to people with Post Traumatic Stress Dissorder. Who would've thought?!
#2750 - 12/14/07 05:25 PM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: daevid777]
Asmodeus Xaxam Offline
stranger

Loc: Somerville TX. USA
It's a matter of choice. Being responsible is about taking responsibilities for your actions. Do all the drugs you want. Be it natural, chemical, legal or not. That's all good and acceptable.

However... Don't bitch later if it brings you problems. You
make your choices. Don't be like these idiots sueing tobacco companies for them having health problems. They knew the risks when they started smoking. There actions currently are irresponsible because they are making their problems, someone elses.

If you are a responsible, self sufficient adult. As all Satanists should be anyways. This shouldn't be a problem for you.

#2808 - 12/18/07 02:40 PM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: ]
DONTfckWITHme Offline
lurker

Loc: Dayton
 Originally Posted By: hellbent666
I've read Diary of a Drug Fiend by Aleister Crowley and throughout the book it seems as if he's completely lost all ability to control his consumption until the end. He has some kind of awakening and realizes that he can define proper uses for his drugs and it doesn't have to be detrimental to his daily activities anymore. I guess it was more of an epiphany of sorts for Crowley or at least that's how the book explains it.

#2809 - 12/18/07 02:40 PM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: DONTfckWITHme]
DONTfckWITHme Offline
lurker

Loc: Dayton
dedee

Um, what? Did you perhaps click something wrong or get disconnected? I hope these two posts aren't evidence for the second opinion of the title.

Edited by fakepropht (12/18/07 09:25 PM)

#2848 - 12/22/07 05:00 AM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: SSSnake]
L Fern Tej Offline
pledge

Loc: Las Vegas, NV. (u.s.)
i've never really thought about it, because well, my drug consumption has varied from heavy to very moderate to none at all in the past years.
and i've never truly felt clouded by any drug. (which includes a vast majority.)
what i have realized though is the fact that when induced by any mind altering substance one sees things in a manner that might be missed by the repetitive reality of sobriety.
although of course when faced with a continuous use of any drug you may not have mind enough to convert your newly acquainted epiphanies into thoughts of sound reason.
which pretty much brings me back to the all too familiar "indulgence, not impulse" saying \:\)

#2849 - 12/22/07 05:15 AM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: ]
L Fern Tej Offline
pledge

Loc: Las Vegas, NV. (u.s.)
Manson states in his auto-biography that he had a huge drug problem, in which he abused drugs out of sheer boredom and addiction.
he had satanist-like beliefs before even beginning to experiment with drugs and if i'm not mistaken, ever moment involving drugs recalled by manson in no way was productive.
i could be wrong though, it's been so long since i've read that book.
and i agree with you i've also found my artistic abilities to be at peak when either on or coming down from a psychedelic-type substance...not sure why though :3

#4572 - 02/27/08 06:59 AM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: daevid777]
Rossums Offline
stranger

Loc: Glasgow
Bad bad bad.If you think taking drugs has nothing to do with anyone but you,you are wrong.Lets forget about health and the effects of drugs on yourself and look at the bigger picture.How much crime can be atributed to drugs?How many people are killed or robbed inocent or not before those drugs get into youre body?How much money does it cost the tax payer to try prevent these drugs coming into the country and how much resources do drugs take up that could be used to improve our lives?The human and financial loss is catastrophic.You buy drugs,youre funding those people,you have a degree of responsibility for every drug related crime (55% was the figure in the uk released by the home office) ohh my,i dont mean to be a wet blanket but i think we would all be better off without druggiewugs.Legalize them ?? hmm i dont know about that.There would be more anti-social behaviour that is connected with alcohol use if drugs were legalized
#4574 - 02/27/08 10:48 AM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: Rossums]
rob_church Offline

Loc: alberta , canada
how come so many satanist on here are fucking ned flanders, my christ i could be in a xian chat room for all i know. with davanci stating that anyone that smokes weed is a junkie and should be jailed then this what the fuck!!! i loved drugs in my youth and i enjoy weed to this day nothing harder these days though, heavy drugs are a young mans game. do what you want just be aware of the consaquanse. wanting people to be jailed for induluging themselves is just fucked,and just beacuse its not your brand of pleasure for shame.(git them thar rope we going to hang us some queers cletus).

to make it perfecty clear what im saying see below -and this does not apply to anyone with the responsibitly to the responsable logic just the fucking fanatics

to anyone on here that is a fanatic in anyhting that prohibts my pleasure fuck you, iv been wathcing recently and i could swear form some of the die hard fanatical staments im in a xian or dare i say islam site.

that is the mentailty of the fanatic not somthing i would expect to spew from some one claiming the title of satanist.

(You buy drugs,youre funding those people) those people? what the fuck is that supposed to mean? i sold drugs back in the day i am thouse people. its not the drugs (thouse) people where criminally inclined to begin with you cant blame the substance for what people do to buy it.nor should you out law a substance just beacuse the weak cant handle it, why penalize the strong/the ones who can handle it?now on a side note i my self in my youth have done a shit load of crime,none of it for drugs mind you i just liked the rush and the easy money i was also on welfare from age 16-20 for the free money as well i bet i took more money out of my goverment and tax payers then 2 junkies combined. and im proud of it. if some fool wants to work like a slave while i sit on my ass perfeclty able to work partying and selling (drugs) and having a ball then all i can do is laugh at the tax payer for not being as smart as me or due to some sort of warped duty to his country or the collective and choosing not to. and actully having to work.then bitching about it becuase his own taboos keep him out working every day till he dies like a slave.to funny.

#4576 - 02/27/08 11:58 AM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: Rossums]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut
 Originally Posted By: Rossums
ohh my,i dont mean to be a wet blanket but i think we would all be better off without druggiewugs.Legalize them ?? hmm i dont know about that.There would be more anti-social behaviour that is connected with alcohol use if drugs were legalized

The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.

Welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, welly, well. To what do I owe the extreme pleasure of this surprising visit?

Druggiewugs and bookiewooks what did you watch "A Clockwork Orange" one too many times? We all know those damn milk-plus bars and their druggiewugs do nothing but add to the old ultra-violence… It must just get your guttywuts all twisted up…

Viddy well, little brother. Viddy well.

#4578 - 02/27/08 12:57 PM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: rob_church]
Rossums Offline
stranger

I think so many satanists are fucking ned flanders because dispite his religious stance he has very twinkly eyes,id feel very safe in his arms.So do i have to be a criminal to be a satanist rob?

" do what you want just be aware of the consaquanse"

You are talking about what consequences will effect you.What i got from that was do what you want,even when it effects countless people that want nothing to do with it,as long as you know the consequences.You say i want people to be jailed for induluging themselves.Im shure you are not suggesting that the only way we can indulge ourself is by breaking the law?

"to anyone on here that is a fanatic in anyhting that prohibts my pleasure fuck you"

Well thats not very nice is it?If youre pleasure means infringing on the rights of the law obideing majority of us then yes im a carakpot fanatic and would like to bash you with a truncheon and lock you up young man!

"that is the mentailty of the fanatic not somthing i would expect to spew from some one claiming the title of satanist."

Well im not claiming to be a satanist,im just testing the watters,im an Atheist with an intrest in Satanism.If all satanists were like you,which im shure there not,then im quite shure i would be offended by the title of 'satanist'

"(You buy drugs,youre funding those people) those people? what the fuck is that supposed to mean? i sold drugs back in the day i am thouse people"

Well what it means Rob,if you buy druggiewugs from drugdealers such as yourself,you have to give them money.For the most part that money comes from illegal means,thus,youre are responsable for there crimes to some degree.

" its not the drugs (thouse) people where criminally inclined to begin with you cant blame the substance for what people do to buy it"

BAhahaha ohh my.Either i havent understood this very well or its a rediculas claim for anyone to ever have made.Wither those people would still commit crimes if there no drugs in the country is not for you to say.Why dont you stop selling them drugs and see if that helps?? hows that for an idea? no? aww well.Arggg you cant blame the substance for what people do to buy it >_< now that was a silly remark rob.Firstly if the substance wasnt there people couldnt buy it and there would have been no crime.If a crack adict shoots someone for there wallet and goes to a dealer to buy crack,its that substance or the wanting for that substance or the effect that substance has had on there brain box thats is the driving force behind it!

"none of it for drugs mind you i just liked the rush and the easy money "

Ahh well just as long as it was fun.Come on now Rob,youre a nice lad im shure but you need to buck youre ideas up!if petty crime is what you do for kicks its a pretty dull existence.

"i was also on welfare from age 16-20 for the free money as well i bet i took more money out of my goverment and tax payers then 2 junkies combined. and im proud of it."

This is bad,real bad.What about the spastics and what not that actualy need that money??They get less money because the government has less money because its spent on leeches like you who claim when you dont need to (Ohh and its also spent on preventing crimes that you commit:) )

"if some fool wants to work like a slave while i sit on my ass perfeclty able to work partying and selling (drugs) and having a ball then all i can do is laugh at the tax payer for not being as smart as me or due to some sort of warped duty to his country or the collective and choosing not to"

wait i think i just need to...

"all i can do is laugh at the tax payer for not being as smart as me"

yes he actully said that >_<.
Right Rob its been pretty much light hearted up until now.Why do you assume that people who have jobs are fools and slaves?I know my father loves his job.he trained for years just so he could have that job.I know lots of people who love there jobs,some who like them and some who just do them to pay the bills.Im shure none of them would trade there life for youres.I guess they think its nice not being a criminal.If they decided to be as smart of you and not work then where would the welfare come from??The tax payer owns youre arse Rob.

aww rob im weary of this now,there is still quite a bit i want to shout at you but i think im just going into rant mode.I thinks its time for poo byeeee

p.s youre a leech and a criminal and should be dealt with accordingly,i have decided to call the police

#4580 - 02/27/08 01:00 PM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: Rossums]
Rossums Offline
stranger

I likes clock work orange ta2zz,it made me feel a feeling.I done a cry out my middle soze i did
#4592 - 02/27/08 07:58 PM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: Rossums]
rob_church Offline

Loc: alberta , canada
lol i stated i did deal,and did at the young age commit alot of crime, i dont do crime anymore i did my time and decide the the rush was not worth my loss of freedom

now on to you that top part was actully amied at davinci but so be it..no you dont need to be a criminal to be a satanist but to me a criminal is living life doing exactly what thou wilt so to speak who has lived more of a vital existance you ned flanders mother fuckers slaving day in and day out or the criminal taking what he wants doing what he wants when he wants granted their are some times repections to thouse actions but still a criminal is more of a satanist in my eyes the some right wing clown yes.

You are talking about what consequences will effect you.What i got from that was do what you want,even when it effects countless people that want nothing to do with.exactly fuck the collective why do you care? i do not,when i die the world dies with me ,i am the center of my reailty and can only feel my pain love joy why should i give 2 fucks about the collective?

Well thats not very nice is it?If youre pleasure means infringing on the rights of the law obideing majority of us then yes im a carakpot fanatic and would like to bash you with a truncheon and lock you up young man!

my pleasure is what ever i please to do drugs sex rock and roll lol you get the idea.. the joy of the internet if some one siad that to me in real life i would break a bat across their face but ohh the internt where anonomity righns and the weak are allowed to oppose the strong with out fear of retrobution.

no you are corrent more satanist are not like me hence my ned flanders refrence they all for manipualtion until its happening to them or their govemrnt and money then they are dead agisnt it quite funny actully.

nonsose on the dealer being responsible for the crime thats bullshit,so the liquier store owner is then resposible for the action of thouse that buy booze of them then?or is it only the one your goverment has deemed illegal that you oppose?

if the substance was not their then their would be no crime. do you actully hear your slef talking? if the subsantce was not their then their would still be crime just for something eles junkies are junkies if they cant get their fix in one place they will do it for another.

indeed in my youth crime was a blast and very very easy money,lol at you tell me i live a dull existance you are bound to laws that you had no contol over creating and enfocre them you do as you are told like a slave,i did what i wanted when i wanted took what i wanted and hurt who i wanted smoked and snorted what i wanted and you think you have lived little robot to funny.

their you go with you altruism agian what about thouse that need it who gives a fuck.the money will never run out beacuse theirs enough robots like you running atround trying to save the world that people like me can expliot it and laugh.

hell ya i said that

If they decided to be as smart of you and not work then where would the welfare come from??The tax payer owns youre arse Rob.

see thats the thing as i said theirs enought do gooders like you running around that will never happen thosue that feel some duty to the collective or their goverment so they will work till the day they die, ha if i was disabled and not able to work and actully needing that service they would own me,i was manipualting the system and getting free money really who owns who:)

p.s youre a leech and a criminal and should be dealt with accordingly,i have decided to call the police

lol what mroe could i expect from a slave enforcing rules that he did not create like a dog you shall obey your master but guess what im not a criminal anymore nor am i on welfare i marred a gourgus girl that bring home the bacon and i do art all day the more talented of us can actully live with out doing work and art i dont consider work:) you seem to think im young as well how old do you think i am out of cuoirsty?

sit...roll over..fetch rover.

Page 2 of 7 <12345>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.