Page 4 of 7 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#5236 - 03/10/08 10:36 PM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: lee]
TheMask Offline

Hey what the fuck, im stoned right now.

Originally Posted By: lee
I smoke dope and drink 15 beers a day if someone dont like it they can lick my balls

And that post was fucking HILARIOUS to me. XDDD

Lets see now, what do i think about drugs?
I love them. I actually think that all drugs should be legalized. That way we could possibly get rid of the weak-minded drug users who dont know much about self-control.

Since thats what its all about - Control.
My theory about drugs is that _anybody_ with a strong enough pysche can basically do every drug in the book and still not get addicted. As long as your mind is strong there is not much risk for addiction. Obviously.

I dont care much for the false facts spridden out about drugs either, such as Marijuana. How its a "gateway" drug and causes an addiction to users.

First of all - If someone goes on to using other drugs after using cannabis then the person is likely to do so in either way. There is a huge difference between cannabis and speed, cocaine or extasy.
Cannabis is the one drug that calms you down and gives you a nice buzz. Speed and cocaine get you maxed out like hell, you probably wont sleep for a few days and extasy is a complete party drug. Psychadelics give you hallucinations so those are nothing like cannabis either.

The only drug i could think of thats something similiar to cannabis is heroin. And you dont exactly go from cannabis to heroin, do you?

Regarding people getting addicted on weed its completely mental addiction and not physical like with the other drugs so its not really possible to get addicted unless youre a weakminded fool.
Ive known a person like this, she had to smoke every morning before school and every night. She then later turned into a complete junkie doing speed and shooting the stuff up her veins.

I know myself that i have used pot alot during long periods of time. Sometimes months. I dont know if i would want to call me addicted, still. I wanted to do it. I was always offered it and it was for the hell of it i guess.
Maybe i was a tad addicted around that first long period of mine when i got busted and wasnt allowed to smoke anymore.
I was kind of down about it for a few days but after a while you noticed that it was kind of sweet without it anyway.
But in that case i was taken away a right and thats never pleasing.
If i were allowed to smoke perhaps i would have stopped by myself later, like i did in the end now.

I had a long smoking period this summer with a friend of mine. After a long period of smoking i actually grew tired of it after a while and really didnt want anything to do with it. So i just took one last joint on the first day of school for the hell of it and since then i went cold turkey (up until about now) with not many problems at all.

So you see - Its about self control. I could stop if i would want but why would i want to in the first place?
Even if a person uses it alot it could still mean that they have control of it.

I belive firmly in the philosophy of people being able to do exactly anything with themselves as long as it doesnt hurt anyone but themselves. The state controlling the drug-market for their own benefit and narrow-minded people go against this philosophy.

Edited by TheMask (03/10/08 10:40 PM)

#5686 - 03/14/08 10:15 PM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: TheMask]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
 Quote:
I dont care much for the false facts spridden out about drugs either, such as Marijuana. How its a "gateway" drug and causes an addiction to users.

It's rightly called that because for most drug addicted persons, this is the first drug they tried. It is easier to obtain. It doesn't carry the social stigmas that other drugs do. It's cheap. It is perceived to be safe. The criminal penalties for pot use are lesser than those of other drugs. Therefore, it is the first drug expiremented with. Once the novelty wears off, or the need for a bigger high develops, they move on to something else stronger. Thus marijuana creates a "gateway" to stronger drug use. Not a false fact, a proven fact, among addicts.

Quote:
I know myself that i have used pot alot during long periods of time. Sometimes months. I dont know if i would want to call me addicted, still. I wanted to do it. I was always offered it and it was for the hell of it i guess.
Maybe i was a tad addicted around that first long period of mine when i got busted and wasnt allowed to smoke anymore.
I was kind of down about it for a few days but after a while you noticed that it was kind of sweet without it anyway.
But in that case i was taken away a right and thats never pleasing.
If i were allowed to smoke perhaps i would have stopped by myself later, like i did in the end now.

I had a long smoking period this summer with a friend of mine. After a long period of smoking i actually grew tired of it after a while and really didnt want anything to do with it. So i just took one last joint on the first day of school for the hell of it and since then i went cold turkey (up until about now) with not many problems at all.

So you see - Its about self control. I could stop if i would want but why would i want to in the first place?
Even if a person uses it alot it could still mean that they have control of it.

Spoken like a true addict. Few recognize or chose to ignore the fact that they are addicted. They claim they can regulate the usage. They only do it when they want to. They site times when they didn't do it. "I went a whole year without drinking". They justify their using. "It's my birthday and I deserve to get high". "My dog died and I drank for a week to help with the healing". "I'll stop next month, cause this month is St. Patrick's Day, and I want to celebrate". Even though they aren't Irish and have no clue what the holiday is about. It's a reason to justify cracking open a beer at 10 in the morning. Taken from an addiction site:
There is scarcely any agent which can be taken into the body to which some individuals will not get a reaction satisfactory or pleasurable to them, persuading them to continue its use even to the point of abuse ó that is, to excessive or persistent use beyond medical need.

#5719 - 03/15/08 10:36 AM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: fakepropht]
TheMask Offline

Quote:
It's rightly called that because for most drug addicted persons, this is the first drug they tried. It is easier to obtain. It doesn't carry the social stigmas that other drugs do. It's cheap. It is perceived to be safe. The criminal penalties for pot use are lesser than those of other drugs. Therefore, it is the first drug expiremented with. Once the novelty wears off, or the need for a bigger high develops, they move on to something else stronger. Thus marijuana creates a "gateway" to stronger drug use. Not a false fact, a proven fact, among addicts.

Yes, sure. But these "drug addicted persons" were likely to become drug addicts either way - Its not thanks to the pot itself. Like i said, the ones who move on to something stronger were more likely to do so in either way. The ones who just like pot, stick with pot.
Pot is blamed for people going further into stronger shit but i dont think that is the case seeing as how pot and the rest have very different effects. If you just like pot, you will stick with it.

But like you said, it is easy to obtain and doesnt carry much of a social stigma. Therefore it is easy to blame it for heavy drug addiction as well.

Quote:
Spoken like a true addict. Few recognize or chose to ignore the fact that they are addicted. They claim they can regulate the usage. They only do it when they want to. They site times when they didn't do it. "I went a whole year without drinking". They justify their using. "It's my birthday and I deserve to get high". "My dog died and I drank for a week to help with the healing". "I'll stop next month, cause this month is St. Patrick's Day, and I want to celebrate". Even though they aren't Irish and have no clue what the holiday is about. It's a reason to justify cracking open a beer at 10 in the morning. Taken from an addiction site:
There is scarcely any agent which can be taken into the body to which some individuals will not get a reaction satisfactory or pleasurable to them, persuading them to continue its use even to the point of abuse ó that is, to excessive or persistent use beyond medical need.

I dont think that just because youre a big smoker one can immidiatly call themself addicted.
"They site times when they didn't do it. "I went a whole year without drinking"."

Yes, i tend to do that.
I love pot, i dont feel like i should deny it. Neither should i deny the fact that i was sick of smoking in the end and had no problems whatsoever giving it up a time or two around.
When you are debating you are bringing your own arguments in the question back and forth - Which is what im doing here.
I dont see why that argument would be a sign of addiction or a non-valid argument.
Maybe the view of that argument as an sign of addiction is something that the anti-cannabis professors are teaching, so that the argument automatically fails even tho its valid? Just a thought.

""My dog died and I drank for a week to help with the healing"."

No, i dont like using it as a way of "healing". I had a friend that used to drink every time something went bad with a girl and i think that its addictive and idiotic behaviour.
If im having a shitty or boring day it can however be nice to take a little joint and play some videogames.
This is not something that i NEED to do and i will suffer horribly if i dont do it - Its just nice.

I have a hard time saying right now whether i was addicted or not for those periods of times when i smoked like a shitbag. If i was im not going to deny it.
Maybe i was a bit in the beginning when i had some problems giving it up the first time since after all - I had some problems giving it up the first time. But after that i would say that i was rather voluntery with possibly some addictive traits.
Not a full-on addict like you claim.

Let me borrow a quote on this matter.
"Marijuana is not a drug. I used to suck dick for coke. Now thats an addiction man. Have you ever sucked some dick for marijuana?"

Thats an addiction to me. When you completely need something. I have seen some weed addicts that need to smoke every damn day just to work properly. I on the other hand - Dont.

Who is to say when my free will isnt my own free will anymore? Probably when i need something to that extent. I dont need this when i get up in the morning every day to work properly. I do it because i want to, because its fun and because i can.

#5737 - 03/15/08 07:24 PM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: TheMask]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
 Quote:
Yes, sure. But these "drug addicted persons" were likely to become drug addicts either way - Its not thanks to the pot itself. Like i said, the ones who move on to something stronger were more likely to do so in either way.

Yes, exactly. That's why pot is called the gateway drug. Because it is easy to obtain, cheap, and doesn't carry heavy legal penalties. Substitute pot for another legal substance. Say sugar. If I already have a predisposition to sugar abuse, wouldn't it make sense that I would feed that by taking free sugar packets from the local restaurant? Eventually, I move on to sodas that contain a lot of sugar. Craving even more sugar, I now eat a packet of sugar, drink a six pack of Mountain Dew, and seek out sugar cane sticks to suck on. So goes the addict. Starts with pot. Moves on to something more serious, and eventually ends up strung out on the heavy stuff.

I am an advocate for legalizing all drugs. Don't get me wrong. But I also recognize the addiction. I think I was attempting to point out that not everyone is in control of their indulgence. I know a lot of people, myself included, that think they are in control of their vices. They justify it by citing examples that I have used. They mask it by saying the very things that you have stated.

#5777 - 03/16/08 02:21 PM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: fakepropht]
TheMask Offline

Yes yes, i understand what you mean. I got the feeling that you were quite the opposite when it comes to drugs but i also had a small thought that maybe that wasnt the case.

Edited by TheMask (03/16/08 02:21 PM)

#6168 - 03/22/08 02:25 AM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: ta2zz]
NYCLeather Offline
lurker

Drugs are really not my game. Been high a few times and didn't see the point to it all. But I have used other 'distractions' that numbed my mind out in similar ways. For example, I've played video games for hours on end, which I swear has led to an altered state of consciousness.

But I now try to avoid these things. I figure it's better to spend the time sorting out what I really want in life and figuring out the best way to get it. I know that sounds so left brained, but looking back on my life, the most fun times were when I accomplished something.

#49273 - 02/21/11 01:38 AM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: daevid777]
Hegesias Offline

Rather than looking at drug use as an indulgence or stupidity issue, rather this activity is a crutch that some people need to get them through life, give them confidence, meaning, subjective stimulation. Most will gather with likened dependents and bloat their subjective experiences to one another through inane drivel to solidify their feeble infrastructure and give meaning to their hollow lives.

However, to deeply fuck with somebodies mind whilst they are on A class drugs is quite stimulating for a Sinister individual, knowing that you are causing immense emotional trauma is intimate and humorous, severe, and sobering in an esoteric way that only the Sinister can conceive.

#49277 - 02/21/11 02:22 AM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: Hegesias]
Clicks Offline

Loc: New Orleans
I once had a friend in El Paso who held his weed in very high esteem. He, after a while, turned into your stereotypical, lazy, no job, school failure, because he was high every chance he got. He liked to do the whole thing with bragging about how weed helps open your mind, and gets you to think in new ways. In short, he thought he was a genius because of the stupid shit he said when he was high.

On one particular day, whilst he was smoking, and I just happened to show up at his house where him and some of his friends were smoking, they all started discussing reality. I don't remember the details, but it truly was stupid, religious shit, made more absurd with the use of their pot. I decided I wanted to fuck with them. I didn't make any legit points, as was not my intention. I made them question everything they were saying, and kept hinting that reality was really more mundane than they actually thought it was and that they were destroying their own sense of reality by their use of pot. Of course, I got the, 'Nah, man, but it ain't like that!" and other such responses, but the more I kept pushing, the more open minded, and then gullible they became. In the end I had them convinced that their pot smoking was destroying their 'tangible' existence. I left that house full of 6 depressed dope-heads. One of the more fun moments of my life.

I do believe drugs can help you to think in different, more creative ways, but when they are done in strict moderation. They may help you more easily feel the range of emotions that derive from fear and love, and their resonance frequencies can in turn help you do to more right brain thinking.

I don't have a problem with drugs. I have a problem with the people who center their lives around them, and eventually may cause others harm because of it. Simply for the fact that I prefer to live the majority of my social life in the objective universe where knowledge is abundant, I do not respect the person who willingly restricts themselves to the subjective with drug abuse. There is equal need for both, but when your whole enjoyment of life revolves around inefficient altered states of consciousness, and you are very unproductive, I cannot give you respect, simply because your life does not meet my values. But as long as no one other than the user is being hurt, then to each their own.

#49317 - 02/21/11 08:20 PM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: Hegesias]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Quote:
Rather than looking at drug use as an indulgence or stupidity issue, rather this activity is a crutch that some people need to get them through life, give them confidence, meaning, subjective stimulation.

Not everyone uses them as a crutch. For some people it truly is just another indulgence, another way to enjoy life.

Quote:
However, to deeply fuck with somebodies mind whilst they are on A class drugs is quite stimulating for a Sinister individual, knowing that you are causing immense emotional trauma is intimate and humorous, severe, and sobering in an esoteric way that only the Sinister can conceive.

That can also backfire and end up being a very stupid thing to do. You don't know what someone can be capable of when they are, quite literally, out of their fucking mind.

#49338 - 02/22/11 12:03 AM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: fakepropht]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
 Originally Posted By: fakepropht
Corn has become a hot commodity these days. With the sudden interest in ethanol as a substitute fuel. It is the new gold or oil. It's popularity has caused a sharp increase in the price of groceries. Everything from fries to beer include a form of corn in their ingredients. Again, I don't know dick about growing crops in that area. But, I would hazard a guess that growing corn instead of poppies would and could replace the gain. In the drug world, the person sourcing the very basic product rarely makes out like a bandit. It is the person on the street peddling it that makes the most profit. The farmer in the Middle East or in Bolivia makes very little for his crop. It isn't until it is harvested, refined, cut, shipped to the middle man, cut further, and given to the street hussler that the profits are made. Corn doesn't have to go through the process. It is legal and sold at far market value. Which today, is very high.

I know you meant this as an alternative suggestion for crop growing in a country that is laden with drug production and it's all well and good. However, there's a very basic problem in the line of thinking when it comes to growing corn. Although the price has shot up because of "bio-fuels" corn is very taxing on the earth. When a farmer plants corn, the following years, that land must be used for other crops. Depending on how many times corn has been planted in that same field can hinder other crops from growing well, if at all. Whether itís corn for food or "field" corn (think animal feeds and bio-fuels) the corn draws incredible amounts of nutrients from the ground. If corn is grown too long in a field, over too many years, even with alternating the crops from year to year, it can leave a field completely drained of nutrients to grow. Over fertilization to continue growing corn can be just as damaging. Not to mention the chemicals/hormones that then goes into the food chain. It's a viscous circle and one of the primary reasons there aren't substantial amounts of bio-fuels readily on the market today. It's also one of the reasons I hate the big oil companies for perpetuating their long standing "bio-fuel research" funds, which is just a farce for deterring their huge profits without having to pay taxes on those profits. They know they can't mass-produce enough corn without causing even more severe issues. And our government knows this as well. This is why "bio-fuels" aren't necessarily a "better" investment to good 'ole drilling for oil.

There's really not a crop out there that produces the same base cost/return value, as do "drugs", whether they be for the illegal drug trade or for pharmaceutical purposes.

The only plants that can even compare in cost/return value are perennials, trees and shrubs and then the US runs the risk of insect and disease infections that could devastate so much more. That's been proven by things like Dutch Elm disease and recently a disease that is taking over evergreens, the Austrian Pine seeming to be one of possibly many hosts to the disease.

I'm not trying to diminish your suggestion Fakepropht, just stating facts that can be easily found and something to consider as well. I like the idea of there being something "else" the drug farmers can grow, but I don't see any real alternative that could come even close to be as productive and profitable for the farmer.

I've tried my share of drugs and alcohol. From time to time I enjoy a good drunk on and wouldn't mind having the means for a good "trip" or two, but the simple fact of the matter is that I like my life, my family and belongings so much more. I have an "addictive personality" proven by my shopoholic mother and obsessive dry drunk father and the fact that I've had my binges along the way. I've learned to temper those urges, and splurge on vises that can be productive, not only financially but also rewarding within my own family and friend circle. That was my own path though.

I feel that drugs should be legalized and those that have addictions to any drug, including alcohol, should not be allowed to collect SSI because of said addiction either. They choose to indulge in their addiction, they shouldn't get a hand out because of it. There are far more people that really do need SSI and can't get it because of things like this. It's disgusting.

If illegal drugs are legalized I won't be someone to work in that store, that's for sure. What's manifested in the "drug community" is not what I would consider a stable mentality, at all. I can see enjoying something from time to time, but for the dedicated addict, it can be a lot more than just enjoying. I'm not one to have the want of dealing with such individuals though. I'd probably be at risk of hurting someone, just because I don't tolerate stupidity well.

#49382 - 02/22/11 03:50 PM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: Nyte]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

I'm going to quote myself here since I gave an opinion upon drugs in the past and c/p is much easier than retyping it all.

Consider drugs as a loaded gun. Some will use it to their advantage or pleasure, some will shoot others or themselves but not until they use the gun, they will find out what type they are. Of course, others won't use the gun at all.

Originally Posted By: Diavolo
I am pro drugs; nothing should be forbidden at that level, no matter what type or kind of drug, and it should be a normal consumer product, available to the public just like anything else.

Many oppose this idea but knowing the World of Weakness pretty well, it got me thinking a while back and as a result, even changed my approach. At times we dream of a weapon or virus which would eliminate the weak and only make the strong survive. It's one of those daydreams which are pretty hard to realize. How are you even going to decide who is weak or strong is one of the very problems attached to it. The solution is actually very simple. Let them decide it for themselves. Let everything that can cause addiction be available out there under the principle of responsibility to the responsible. Let those that can handle it enjoy it and those that can't, eliminate themselves; let them sink down the social level or eliminate themselves when they are weak enough. In doing so, you give people the opportunity to decide for themselves how far they want to take things or how much they can handle and at the same time, you clean up the gene pool and move the undesired toward the lower caste they were destined to be in to begin with.

It's time we kick the saints of their pedestal and put the dealers and pushers on it.

D.

#49389 - 02/22/11 04:37 PM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: Diavolo]
LucyFur Offline

Loc: Bible Belt, USA
LOL! Excellent post!

Diavolo, this is EXACTLY what I have been preaching for years! I even told my kids this very thing while they were growing up. At the time I hadn't realized how perfectly Satanic it was when I came up with this philosophy, as I was a Christian at the time (which proves I was a Satanist even then!).

As the years rolled by and I climbed out of the bucket of slime that is Christianity - kicking away those pesky relatives who clung to my ankles in an effort to impede my escape - my philosophy about drugs and all things 'harmful' solidified. I became a Libertarian and preached to others about the evils of legalism and the need for freedom to do whatever we wish even if it kills us. Smart people will learn about the perils of overindulgence and smart parents will teach their kids to be wise and discerning. Dumb, weak and apathetic people will succumb to the temptations and quickly do themselves in - hopefully, before they reproduce. Good riddance. All they do is parasitize society and use up valuable resources.

As a nutritionist, I counseled cancer patients for several years about the benefit of a healthy diet, exercise and supplementation. 8 out of 10 people refused to change their diets, including some who NEVER ate vegetables, ever. Some were addicted to soda and others were addicted to sugar or tobacco, and most refused to give up their addiction even though there was a chance they could turn things around and save themselves. Some wanted information about certain treatments but refused to read a book containing the information. They were lazy and weak, and I used to tell them not to come back and waste anymore of my time. Fuck-em. I didn't care if they died. The only ones I cared about were the ones who were doing everything in their power to save themselves. I enjoyed working with them because they were fighters and most of them are still alive today because of it. The others just wanted someone to feel sorry for them and give them a magic pill so they could go home and watch Oprah. You wouldn't believe some of the sob-story-excuses I heard from them, how they didn't know that eating big macks and fries 3 times a day would give them high blood pressure, cancer, gout, etc.... blah blah blah...... ignorance is not excuse. Wake up or die.

#49413 - 02/22/11 09:40 PM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: LucyFur]
XiaoGui17 Offline

Loc: Amarillo, TX
Nyte's right about corn laying waste to whatever land is used to grow it. There's also the transportation issue. Coca and opium are viable crops because they can be purified and shipped as a compact amount of white powder pretty easily. The rinky-dink roads in South America would be a tough place to transport huge shipments of corn, bananas, chrysanthemums, or whatever else we've been suggesting as replacement crops. Getting enough pack animals and carts to pull it would also be a hassle. Turning corn into corn meal, corn starch, high fructose corn syrup, ethanol, etc is a much more involved process than refining heroin or cocaine from their root crops. The profitability of corn is based on a lot of domestic subsidies that aren't necessarily applicable south of the border. Tariffs make it tough to import corn if you're not a US-based company.

#49451 - 02/23/11 10:31 AM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: Diavolo]
Nyte Offline

Loc: Ohio
Diavolo, I like your idea and yet at the same time it worries me. As a parent of a 20 year old and a 9 year old, I see what the mentality of our younger generation has become when it comes to things like drugs and "gang" violence. I don't live in the hood by any means, but that mentality has readily trickled down to the youth here. My oldest has experimented, that is a fact. However, he talked to me about it afterwards and made it clear that he feels it wasn't worth it for many reasons, the primary being the mentality that followed with the group he was running with. I expected it and spoke at length with him, even to the point of telling him about some of the things I've done. My youngest has NO desire to even try them, as of the time being. He's got his eye on a huge pie in the sky and doesn't seem to be deterred by things that could disrupt that. I'll have to wait and see if that changes as he grows up, and either way, I will be there for him as well.

One thing that does bother me about drugs becoming legal is that not everyone has an opportunity to talk about what the drugs do and how people react to them. Someone that can keep a level head and perhaps persuade them to rethink throwing that money and time away on something that never again seems to reach that first experience. I've seen some brilliant people throw away years doing drugs thinking it was what they needed and it took years to climb out of that trap. After those years of getting themselves together the doctors put them onto the path of pharmaceuticals, an additional money machine that doesn't fix the underlying problem/s.

It's preached in schools not to do drugs and then they tell these kids they have this or that, only to prescribe a drug for their problems. And the nation wonders why there's a drug "problem"?

The mentality that follows with the illegal drugs can and usually does become incredibly unstable and legalizing them can put everyone at risk, even those that don't have a "hand in them". As much as I like the idea of legalizing them for several reasons, I don't like it for almost the exact same number of reasons, if not more. It's a double edge sword, something our society doesn't seem to be ready to handle at our current level of thinking.

Do I think it would weed out those not worthy? Hell yes. It would definitely give our economy one hell of a boost as well, not to mention the savings on the "War on Drug" programs. On the flip side of that, I think a lot of laws would have to change so that an American citizen could seriously protect themselves at any given time, not just in their homes or vehicles. It would put us, as a society, onto a level I don't think many are ready to handle, simply because of the type of drugs that are now out there. The addictive personalities run rapid and to fuel them through legalizing drugs may not have the end result that would be worth the legalization.

It would be one thing if the local stoner stayed home and ate his way through the 6 or 8 pies, but from what Iíve seen, they donít anymore. I stayed home when I did those kinds of things, simply because I could never get to the 6 or 8 pies! I was asleep by the third hit. Energy drinks and additional drugs (like crack) now put the local stoner into overdrive and send them running to the store for whatever they can find, putting many other people at risk that arenít even close to being a part of the equation.

I don't think we're ready, by a long shot.

#49456 - 02/23/11 12:12 PM Re: Drug use indulgence or stupidity? [Re: Nyte]
LucyFur Offline

Loc: Bible Belt, USA
The 'War on Drugs' is a joke, like the 'War on Cancer' and the 'War on Heart Disease'. It is an excuse to throw money into programs that don't work so the politicians can say they did something. And the irony of it is that it creates bureaucracies that depend on cancer, heart disease and drug use in order to feed it. The only winners are the people profiting off of it.

If all drugs were legal and easy to get, the crime rate would drop, not rise. people wouldn't have to rob, carjack, mug or steel from others because the product would be cheap. In fact, I think they should take all that money they spend on the idiocracy that is the 'War on Drugs' and buy drugs with it, distribute the drugs to whoever wants them and provide a place for them to take them. This would quickly eliminate the majority of the problem by weeding out the weak and stupid. Think of it as assisted suicide, or better - assisting people in accomplishing their will.

Nyte, your kids are smart because you are smart. You obviously take the time to communicate with and teach your children. My kids experimented too and they are all doing well because they had the good sense and self knowledge to know what and how much to try. And they told me all about it as well because we have a good relationship and they know I won't go off on them for being human. My eldest son, who experimented the most, is well on his way to making his first million before the age of 30. My 17 year old tried pot and didn't like it. He is bi-polar and smart enough to know he doesn't need to fuck up his head with unknown substances. My youngest is too busy loving life to give it a thought. Why? because mama and daddy don't fuck up their heads with religion and guilt. They are happy to be who they are.

Unfortunately, that is not how the rest of society is. We have coddled the weak and stupid for generations, not only allowing them to breed, but encouraging it by rewarding them. It's time to stop trying to protect people from themselves. It is time to stop taking responsibility for others and let them take responsibility for themselves.

Page 4 of 7 « First<23456>Last »

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.033 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.