Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#26310 - 06/26/09 05:04 PM Re: Personal taboos, society taboos, and the wisdom to [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
hellbent666
Unregistered

Why would you assume anything? Isn't assumption "The Mother of All Fuck Ups?" It is completely my choice and have had many offers, but the women offering were not of good breeding stock, and lacked discipline, strength, wisdom, and dedication. I'm not going to elaborate on this too much more except this...Why shouldn't I hate women? Have they given me any reason to respect them when they don't respect themselves? How do you respect people like that? Gender aside, do you respect people that don't respect themselves?
#26315 - 06/26/09 06:39 PM Re: Personal taboos, society taboos, and the wisdom to [Re: ]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: hellbent666
Why would you assume anything? Isn't assumption "The Mother of All Fuck Ups?"

Yeah,I have heard that before. An assumption is really nothing more than a judgement call, though. We all make judgements, everyday, some good, some not so good. Since you admit to hating women I am willing to bet that my assumption is indeed correct.

It is completely my choice and have had many offers, but the women offering were not of good breeding stock, and lacked discipline, strength, wisdom, and dedication.

You are right that it is completely your choice. I will not even attempt to argue against that statement. But am I to believe that you view sex as being only for procreation? Where have I heard that before? \:\/

I don't know what discipline, strength, wisdom or dedication have to do with getting laid. Then again I view sex as something more than a way to propogate the species.

Why shouldn't I hate women? Have they given me any reason to respect them when they don't respect themselves? How do you respect people like that? Gender aside, do you respect people that don't respect themselves?

So because there are women out there who you feel don't respect themselves enough and don't meet up with your standards you hate all women? What a sad, lonely existence you must lead with an attitude like that.

Gender aside, I do find it hard to respect someone that doesn't respect themselves. That really all depends on what you consider as being self disrespecting though. That doesn't mean I am going to lump everyone in one big group and hate them all because of the actions of a few.

I know girls who are beautiful, have amazing bodies and like to show them off by wearing revealing clothing. You would probably consider that as a sign of someone who does not respect themself. Because of that you also would have no respect for them.

Being that I know these women I can tell you they do indeed respect themselves. We will go to a bar, and because of they way they look, they will have their drinks bought for them all night. They don't go home with random guys from the bar either, as you might like to assume.

In addition to them getting free drinks it also helps me out. By being seen with these beatiful women, by other beautiful women it makes them think that I am desirable.(yet another way personal value or worth is determined by anothers opinion) That is not say that I don't think I am desirable on my own, but whatever helps. At least was the case when I was single, but I digress.

You talk alot about people not having self respect, lacking discipline, dedication etc. ad nauseum. In anoter thread you mentioned being in prison. Sounds like you lack self respect, discipline, dedication yourself. I didn't want to bring up the prison thing as it wasn't mentioned in this thread but you annoy the shit out of me and need to get off your damn high horse.

That being said this will most likely be the last time I respond to you. Fish in a barrel.

#26317 - 06/26/09 07:29 PM Re: Personal taboos, society taboos, and the wisdom to [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
hellbent666
Unregistered

How are you capable of making judgments based on a lack of knowledge? People that lack knowledge are not capable of making judgments or assumptions. I am a self professed misogynist but I do respect a few women, I could count these select few on one hand. There are numerous reasons why they have earned respect. I am not an equal opportunity lover or friend. You have to earn your way into my graces.

Sex is something that exists on many levels, for some perhaps even bordering on a "spiritual" event. If you've done any research into Tantra you would realize the many levels superseding mere procreation and "exercise". I've been learning that most Satanists would be happier with the term "animal" than "civilized", and often times prefer gut instinct over intelligent reason. I called one poseur a neanderthal and he took it as a compliment. I can see why but I take human nature a bit more deeply than most. The reason sex is viewed the way it is now is because both sexes continuously cheapen it. If that's how you want to be, that is your prerogative. I just wish people looked at sex as a more meaningful encounter and a sense of bonding between 2 people. Key word "wish", LOL!

So, you're saying that it shows discipline when sluts, either male or female, sleep around just to get their rocks off? Instead of waiting for a genuinely good thing they go for anything that buys them enough drinks or gives them enough compliments? Wouldn't a better gauge of discipline be a man or woman that waits a few months to make sure this person is even worth fucking before engaging in an act that is ONLY a means to an end for one person? I don't know about you but I don't think that just because I can fuck, means I should fuck. This is backwards logic. I am of good stock and I don't want to waste my genetic makeup on someone that I couldn't even see myself with a few years down the road. I am what is called a "Grown Up." I make big boy decisions based on real life terms. Most impulsive animals, such as Satanists, rarely ever play the tape all the way through. There is a possibility that I could knock some woman up and I don't want her to kill my child before it's born and I want it to have a good stab at life, so I choose my battles wisely. And, I don't want to bring home some floozie to my parents or my friends.

This last tangent you go off on is rather amusing. But I can honestly concur with you on a few things. The first being that it might not be outwardly obvious that these women don't respect themselves. You may not be able to pick it up. So let me sum this up in the form of questions...Do you feel like it shows respect for a woman when she flaunts herself around as an object for the desire and admiration of men? Could she not accomplish the same thing, without showing as much insecurity, by wearing more clothing? Would she be even more empowering by not giving a shit what men think of her? Maybe this is a question for Morgan, because she claims to respect herself and keeps company with well rounded men. One thing we didn't notice was whether or not there is some level of insecurity involved with women being attention whores, or using the attention for materialistic gains. I work hard for my money so I would buy my own goddamned drinks.

As for the prison thing...To assume people never change and the most idiotic assumption that, "once a criminal, always a criminal." is by far the most un-intelligent thing I have heard come out of your mouth. For one thing, you are NOT a criminal and probably don't understand the criminal mentality, psychology, or underworld. Secondly you only hear about men fucking up and going back to prison. You never hear success stories like mine. So I'll leave you with half assed biased opinions and let you assume such nonsense as, "once a cheater, always a cheater." or whatever ludicrous assumptions you have designed for yourself

This is almost like the cat calling the kettle black. I am hyper aware of my flaws and work on them every day. I'm not an arrogant elitist that thinks he shits rainbows.

#26322 - 06/26/09 09:31 PM Re: Personal taboos, society taboos, and the wisdom to [Re: ]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
You never responded to my previous questions, but whatever....

"Do you feel like it shows respect for a woman when she flaunts herself around as an object for the desire and admiration of men?"

Its about the same as some guy posting an image of himself flexing a forearm. You do it to please yourself.

"Could she not accomplish the same thing, without showing as much insecurity, by wearing more clothing?"

Sure, my previous icon was of me at the age of 5 showing the same attitude I have now. Wheater I wear clothes or not or dress to tease, I am always myself. I never suffer fools lightly, it has nothing to do with insecurity.

"Would she be even more empowering by not giving a shit what men think of her?"

I dont give a shit about wat people think. You are assumming that a woman must do this, dress for a man always. As I said before, dont lump all women together, Satanic women are a breed apart from the herd.

"Maybe this is a question for Morgan, because she claims to respect herself and keeps company with well rounded men."

I dont have to claim anything, I know who my friends are, and I know who I am.

"One thing we didn't notice was whether or not there is some level of insecurity involved with women being attention whores,"

You could use the same question in regards to a man who posts images of himself, and keeps pushing for attention and confirmation of his personal beliefs. While in another post states how he likes womens legs, and yet in another thread states how they should be covered up more.

"or using the attention for materialistic gains."

People use all sorts of methods for material gain. Car salesmen, actors, pitchmen, housewives, and priests. Its about what can I get for doing the least amount of work.

"I work hard for my money so I would buy my own goddamned drinks."

So what? I buy my own as well. Big Fucking Deal, who cares? With the amount of jack-offs and scum running around most women buy their own drinks so they aren't drugged or are standing next to the guy so it never touches his hand.

Who gives a fuck? This isn't e-harmony as someone said before. Its not a satanic lets make a deal. Your beliefs, in my opinion fall more into line with a personal fetish of a 1940's housewife.

I'm not saying your personal beliefs are bad, just not really a taboo in current society.

Morgan

#26323 - 06/26/09 09:38 PM Re: Personal taboos, society taboos, and the wisdom to [Re: ]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Sex is something that exists on many levels, for some perhaps even bordering on a "spiritual" event. If you've done any research into Tantra you would realize the many levels superseding mere procreation and "exercise".

If you had actually read what I wrote you would know that I already as addressed that.

So, you're saying that it shows discipline when sluts, either male or female, sleep around just to get their rocks off?

No, I didn't say that at all.

Instead of waiting for a genuinely good thing they go for anything that buys them enough drinks or gives them enough compliments?

Again, if you had actually read the post you would know that I said the opposite of that. Specifically that they do NOT go home with the guys.

Most impulsive animals, such as Satanists, rarely ever play the tape all the way through.

No, the Satanist realizes that acting on impulse is not the best thing to do. The true Satanist will weigh the consequences of their actions before acting. This of course might not always be true as humans do make mistakes, but for the most part they "should" be smarter than that.

"once a criminal, always a criminal." is by far the most un-intelligent thing I have heard come out of your mouth.

What post did you read because I never said that. You like to put words in peoples' mouths don't you?

For one thing, you are NOT a criminal and probably don't understand the criminal mentality, psychology, or underworld.

Actually I had my share of trouble in the past. Nothing major but I did spend some time in the county jail. So I understand alot more than you might think.

I'll leave you with half assed biased opinions and let you assume such nonsense as, "once a cheater, always a cheater." or whatever ludicrous assumptions you have designed for yourself

Stop quoting me as saying things I never said. Are you high or something? You keep imagining things were said that were in fact not said.

This is almost like the cat calling the kettle black.

The phrase you are looking for is "the pot calling the kettle black". That doesn't really apply to anything that was said here.
Now I really am done with you though. Come back once you have learn to read properly and stop making stuff up.

#26332 - 06/27/09 01:44 AM Re: Personal taboos, society taboos, and the wisdom to [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
hellbent666
Unregistered

I don't quite understand the quote function here so I'll make due.

"Sounds like you lack self respect, discipline, dedication yourself. I didn't want to bring up the prison thing as it wasn't mentioned in this thread but you annoy the shit out of me and need to get off your damn high horse."

How could you possibly come to a conclusion like this without some level of lumping everyone into the same category? All of those qualities listed above I have on TAP! Maybe I didn't possess them before I went to prison but I learned them while locked up and continued to apply them to this very day. I might be wrong on this, so correct me if I'm mistaken, but how can you possibly deduce from anything I've said to be lacking in any of these areas? Please do tell, I'm curious as to how I could have misappropriated my ethics.

In response to my question/s, what exactly are you implying then? That we can, through an outsiders opinion, see that your female friends use the men around them for their own amusement? How does this behavior relate to you on how they view men? Does this illustrate to you how they might treat men as objects or "drink machines"? How is this any better? Manipulation?! LOL! Great policy! I am not here for anyone's amusement.

Okay, after reading the rest short of my "cat....blah blah blah" response I feel I might have been wrong about a few things mainly your prior criminal history. So I admit I was wrong. Some of the things you are accusing me of are the same things you're in fact guilty of.

#26333 - 06/27/09 01:46 AM Re: Personal taboos, society taboos, and the wisdom to [Re: Morgan]
hellbent666
Unregistered

Touche Morgan, touche! I was pondering some of the same things tonight. Tonight was the deciding factor of realizing my double standards and stopping them immediately. Thanks for putting this into perspective. Oh yeah! I do LOVE the 40's! Holy shit do I love the 40's! The women were reserved and the men were dapper! Great era!
#26358 - 06/27/09 06:14 PM Re: Personal taboos, society taboos, and the wisdom to [Re: ]
Saligia Offline
stranger

Loc: Manchester, England
So, you're saying that it shows discipline when sluts, either male or female, sleep around just to get their rocks off? Instead of waiting for a genuinely good thing they go for anything that buys them enough drinks or gives them enough compliments? Wouldn't a better gauge of discipline be a man or woman that waits a few months to make sure this person is even worth fucking before engaging in an act that is ONLY a means to an end for one person? I don't know about you but I don't think that just because I can fuck, means I should fuck.

Ok, I'm naturally monogamous so I can understand the desire to build a relationship before having sex. At the same time though, we live in an era where most westerners are educated enough to understand the risks of sex and make a rational choice about whether they want to sleep around or not (or am I giving Average Joe too much credit?). If people want to save themselves for a loving partner, great, but if they want to enjoy themselves then what is it to you?
Don't get me wrong I can appreciate that you're worried for your sister, but I'd be careful of taking too hard a stance on it, after all people want the "forbidden fruit".

To answer your question of "is it ok to show some leg" you can probably guess that my answer is a resounding yes! It's natural to want to look good for the opposite sex, both men and women will typically dress to impress so to speak. When I go out, I wear clothes that I think will appeal to girls, I'll even ask my female friends what they think of an outfit and whether or not it works (something I think all men should do from time to time). The reason I do this is because even though I'm not looking to pick up random girls, I still like to be noticed and I still like to flirt. I know plenty of girls who do the same, it's not that we're sluts, it's just the natural desire to be attractive.

#26401 - 06/28/09 10:54 PM Re: Personal taboos, society taboos, and the wisdom to [Re: Saligia]
hellbent666
Unregistered

That's cool dude. I used to do the same things. I used to care what people thought of how I looked and I how I dressed, but I just don't give a shit anymore. I do try to at least not leave the house dressed like an idiot, or wearing things I shouldn't be wearing like black shoes with the wrong outfit or not even ironing my shirts and pants. I don't have a style or one certain outfit, I kinda just wear whatever I feel like. Left to my own devices I will wear black cargo pants, black b-ball shoes, and a black T. Ghetto goth usually.

I have no desire to flirt or impress anyone when I go out. I'm me and if they don't like it then fuck em'. I don't even engage strangers in conversation. I typically have a group of friends I'm paying attention to and that's it. Maybe a little people watching. The last thing on my mind when I go out is meeting women, I usually have a different purpose like enjoying time with my friends first.

#26410 - 06/29/09 01:24 AM Re: Personal taboos, society taboos, and the wisdom to [Re: Morgan]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
 Quote:
I happen to share that my personal taboo falls in line with a current usa society taboo. BFD.

Your views?

With taboos, like most here I would say that my views fall in and out of line with society. I definately have me own opinions at the end of the day, but enjoy hearing others opinions (probably why I am here) especially when they make me think harder about what and why I hold as my own.

I won't list my opnions here, as I don't think that is the question you are asking.

Quote:
If you believe something to be true, stand by your decision, but accept that people will not always agree with you.

And that is the obvious common sense statement. One I agree with 100 percent. It's not about winning the argument, but having the discussion.

ZephyrGirl

Edited by ZephyrGirl (06/29/09 01:25 AM)
Edit Reason: correction to quotes

#76694 - 05/27/13 05:34 PM Re: Personal taboos, society taboos, and the wisdom to [Re: ZephyrGirl]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

Loc: Virginia
Taboo is more or less a prohibited activity that has been deemed to be abhorrent to any given society, causing its downfall. A societal Taboo such as Cannibalism is a good example of this.

Some Taboos of the past were typically supported by a large enough number of the population to constitute as a Taboo (such as interracial dating/marriage previously mentioned).

In terms of a personal Taboo, I had to think about it for a few moments and I can't honestly think of anything I'd consider Taboo, although I've spent a great deal of time discussing Taboos. In terms of sharing the premise of the taboo on a more personal level, its all relative to me. Place it in various contexts and it has more to do with the Intrinsic Value of Ethics than it does, the activity itself.

I can openly discuss say, the Holocaust and not necessarily feel personally attached to any of it.

#76704 - 05/27/13 06:51 PM Re: Personal taboos, society taboos, and the wisdom to [Re: SIN3]
Deofol Offline
stranger

Oh come on SIN, you have taboos. I doubt you'd eat a booger from my nose. And if you did do that, it would mean you'd have to truly love me. Yet another taboo for you. See, you do have them.

A taboo for me is a continuation of your past bullshit. Continue to test the waters, please. Let's see where it goes.

Edited by Fnord (05/27/13 10:43 PM)

#76705 - 05/27/13 08:32 PM Re: Personal taboos, society taboos, and the wisdom to [Re: Deofol]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

haha eating boogers isn't a personal Taboo, just something gooey substance from your nose.

So you think people who really love each other eat boogers?

Weirdo

#79000 - 08/04/13 06:19 AM Re: Personal taboos, society taboos, and the wisdom to [Re: SIN3]
334forwardspin Offline

Loc: Las Vegas,NV United States
When you look into the different taboos societies of the past have had, you can really see how truly arbitrary the concept of a taboo really is. Every society has had their own idea of taboo, and they have differed greatly. People will get very angry and riled up when people cross over the lines of these taboos, but many times when their reasoning is questioned, they can't come up with much of an answer as to why they feel that way. They just believe it because it was taught to them(by society, family, environment etc.), yet they have so much passion, pretty ridiculous really.

Satanism for me, isn't about doing/believing as many taboos as possible, but about being able to look past the taboo label to analyze how you really feel about something. Maybe you like it, maybe you dislike it but think it's made too big a deal of, or perhaps you agree with society's stance.

In my case, I wouldn't really consider any views I have to be personal taboos, just my own ethics and moral views, for me those two are different. Morals for me are simple, I treat you how I want to be treated, but if you don't return the favor I discard that in dealing with you. With many, morality is based on 'thou shalt not', with things that just should never be done to someone regardless of what they do, but I don't view things that way. If someone doesn't care who they hurt, but then becomes the victim, should anybody really sympathize?

Ethics for me, are about doing what is necessary to preserve the fairness, or 'purity' of something, mostly for competitions. Essentially, I'd want to let the competition be decided by who was the most skilled(at least that day), and not cheat to bring in other factors. There's that, and with wanting to engage in strength versus strength matches. For the sake of keeping the competition about 2 people's strengths matching up against eachother and seeing who wins, I would not try to strike at weaknesses, to test my own strength, and allow my opponent to test theirs as well.

#79004 - 08/04/13 07:47 AM Re: Personal taboos, society taboos, and the wisdom to [Re: 334forwardspin]
SIN3 Offline
stalker

I took this bit from Travel Taboo , it's advice offered to foreigners visiting the U.S.:

Quote:
America Donts

1. Do not call black people “Negro”. They will feel contempt for his indemnity, as Negro mainly refers to Africa black slaves sold to the United States.

2. Do not ask personal income, assets etc private information.

3. Do not ask women marital status, age, and price of clothe etc private matter.

3. Do not give white lilies as gifts.

4. Do not give presents with the company logo, as it’s obliged for advertising.

5. Do not casually take off your shoes or bare feet in front of others, which give people the impression of barbaric debauchery, as only in the bedroom, or between lover to take off their shoes.
So do not take off your shoes when visit an American house.

6. Do not pull garters or socks in front of others, which are considered impolite. If laces loose, find a quiet place to tie up.

7. Do not stick out the tongue to others, which is considered as rude, vulgar, obscene behavior.

8. Do not smoke in front of the others without consent.

9. Do not use or ask for toothpicks at a restaurant or at a guest home. Americans love their pretty teeth, they usually use dental floss, but rarely use the toothpick.

10. Do not be gaudy or do make up in public, which is thought to be bad nurture.

11. Do not start to eat until the hostess starts or ask to start a meal.

12. Do not make chewing sound when dinning.

13. Do not take food for others.

14. Do not smoke at the dinning table.

15. Do not persuade others to drink or strip at the dinner table.

16. Do not hitch. Hitchhiking and being snatched money are common in the United States.

17. Do not take the subway at night, where gathers drug addicts, gangsters and drug dealers.

18. Do not forget to greet children. Americans treat children equal to adults.

19. Do not drink alone if you are a woman, which may cause harassment of volunteered” man.

Fairly poor advice, considering that Americans do these things, it would set a poor example. lmao

Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.033 seconds of which 0.008 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.