Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Topic Options
#26126 - 06/24/09 02:52 PM Re: Satanism and Dogma. [Re: Mike]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

But of course you can call yourself a satanist when you don't agree with the rules. As a matter of fact, there are likely more people calling themselves one that are not agreeing with everything than there are totally agreeing. So what makes someone a true satanist then? Faith and faith alone. You can't even say they are true because they are in accordance with the rules and regulations because in that case, you only move the problem to the book. The idea that the rules and regulations describe what a true satanist is, is again a matter of faith.

So what it basically boils down to is that some their Satanism is truer than other their Satanism and in that, it is a religious battle.

D.

#26127 - 06/24/09 03:14 PM Re: Satanism and Dogma. [Re: Dimitri]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Shit guys,

The day anyone takes Anton’s work as anything other than something he did for anyone but himself. The day you start to believe his words as scripture and need to start quoting them as such. The day you start to think that Satanism has no room for growth or no room to evolve. The day you stop following your own rules to follow those of another man. Well to me that is the day that the title Satanist no longer fits you.

But as I have been led to believe there is a group just like this. They hold their beliefs and the words of Anton as the one true way. They are called the Church of Satan. Just $200 and you can be a member. I think their forum is free. Go try it on real Satanist.

Smart man Mr. LaVay selling people exactly what he was selling against. A lot of what is written in the Satanic Bible is purposely vague, no wonder there was such a split early on.

A longtime friend who was sick of me living blinded to what I really am handed me the book. He explained that the second half of the book was strictly there for those who need dogma. Knowing who I am as we were friends for 19 years at this point he knew I have no need for ritual or dogma of any kind, as he himself did not.

Sadly I had read the satanic rituals 10 years before and thought it mostly a bunch of hogwash. I was a keyboardist at a young age so the mention of using a moog organ to set the tone really threw me. Now I can at least look at it as a basic understanding of what drives the common human animal.

Funny really anyone wanting to find the information can read all about Anton’s papers which formed the first half of the book and then the second half of filler put there to confuse others as well as to “fill it” out to a whole book.

~T~

Edit: I have to add that there are core beliefs that are followed by many using this title, funny that many claiming to be theistic follow these same core beliefs. Such as the satanic statements.

Edited by ta2zz (06/24/09 03:19 PM)
Edit Reason: marked

#26130 - 06/24/09 03:26 PM Re: Satanism and Dogma. [Re: ta2zz]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Quote:
I have to add that there are core beliefs that are followed by many using this title, funny that many claiming to be theistic follow these same core beliefs. Such as the satanic statements.

Common-sense is something you simply can't pass as a lie if you claim to be "enlighted"..

#26133 - 06/24/09 04:14 PM Re: Satanism and Dogma. [Re: Dimitri]
hellbent666
Unregistered

I read most of this thread and this sounds like the same crap I was spewing before about Satanism. A very high ranking CoS ToV member by the name of Nemo will telly you that doubt and skepticism are crucial aspects of Satanism. Out of everyone I listened to on that "other" forum ;\) he made the most sense. Believing anything on blind faith is stupid especially if there is sufficient proof stating otherwise.

Satanism really isn't a Platonic Form, most theology experts or people that studied in xtian seminary will even have a hard time calling us a "religion" they much prefer the title "philosophy", I also prefer this explanation. I had a falling out with elitists from another forum. I didn't drop the title because I had issues with the philosophy, but the attitudes of the members. Mainly attitudes like the topic starter's. I don't want to be associated with elitist, pompous, goody goody's.

I agree with having and holding onto strong ideals and opinions but not to get in the way of other people's lives. Live and let live!

Oh! One more thing...Ancient Greeks had no word for pedophilia and homosexuality. It was a common practice for men to take boys and school them in gay sex. Women were only for the continuation of the civilization and to keep house. I'm not agreeing with these practices but this goes back to the taboo thread recently posted and kinda relates to the moral opinions of this thread.

#26148 - 06/24/09 07:18 PM Re: Satanism and Dogma. [Re: ]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Loc: Vancouver, Canada
Yes I am an elitist. I can't imagine a Satanist NOT being an elitist. What is the alternative, egalitarianism?

Egalitarian Satanism? Excuse me while I laugh heartily and mock you.

As for 'Live and let live', well on the surface that works, until your interests conflict with someone elses. At this point I can assume you would meekly back away for fear of 'getting in the way of someones life'?

No, We Satanists are our own gods and pursue our own interests, fearlessly.

And lastly, are you really trying to use relativism to defend pedophilia? For starters relativism reeks of weakness. Grow a set and get some convictions. You pretend like you are a Satanist yet lack the right stuff to really be your own god.

I can see why they banned you. You are quite fortunate the standards here have been slipping as of late.

#26166 - 06/24/09 11:41 PM Re: Satanism and Dogma. [Re: Dan_Dread]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: "Mike"

Now exactly how does that relate to what you said about dogma? That if a person is truly a Satanist and were born that way then they will agree with every aspect of Satanism, including following Satanic dogma? I only ask because it seems so simple to understand.

Sorry Mike, I seem to have missed your post in the first go. You Really hit the nail on the head here. If you just naturally find Satanism RIGHT, meaning you find yourself agreeing with it as described, well there is a good chance you might be a Satanist.

If you read TSB and it ISNT 'simple to understand' or feels wrong/childish/complicated/foreign/<insert adjective here> you probably aren't.

#26171 - 06/25/09 12:17 AM Re: Satanism and Dogma. [Re: Dan_Dread]
hellbent666
Unregistered

awwww, how cute! You make assumptions too! Precious. I wasn't defending pedophilia I was stating a historical fact. Apparently YOU cannot read.
#26173 - 06/25/09 12:24 AM Re: Satanism and Dogma. [Re: ]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

Well you actually were, although you don't even seem to realize it. You are using moral relativity to bring to light the fact that some people, at some time, on a grand scale believed pedophilia to be perfectly fine. I get that you were only using this as an example to put forth moral relativity, and that is why I responded in the context that I did.

I read quite well, thank you.

I do pretty much everything that I do , well.

It's really great being me.

#26174 - 06/25/09 12:24 AM Re: Satanism and Dogma. [Re: Dan_Dread]
hellbent666
Unregistered

One more thing. Who fucking cares except you?! Why does a title such as "Satanist" mean so much to you. Do you think I care what your elitist ass thinks? LOL! You got me mixed up with someone that gives 2 shits a flying fuck! Dude, one harsh realization you will undoubtedly have to come to grips with, assuming (look I can assume too!) you want friends, is "everyone has a stinking ass" and yessir your ass stinks just like everyone else's. I bet you think you fart roses and shit rainbows too huh? LOL. miss me with that shit.
#26175 - 06/25/09 12:25 AM Re: Satanism and Dogma. [Re: ]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

You seem to care enough to post angry rants \:\)

#26180 - 06/25/09 01:11 AM Re: Satanism and Dogma. [Re: Dan_Dread]
hellbent666
Unregistered

I care enough to help you see a very valid point. My insight will help you become a stronger person with a solid grasp on what it is you call yourself. Sometimes I think I should become a teacher. I'm a man that refuses to let potentially great minds, like yours, be wasted on ignorance. If I can teach you, then you are by default no longer ignorant. At this point in time you have a choice, I will be interested in what road you take.
#26183 - 06/25/09 01:20 AM Re: Satanism and Dogma. [Re: ]
Dan_Dread Offline
stalker

LOL!

If nothing else you are good for comedy. Maybe you aren't that bad.

#26226 - 06/25/09 09:50 AM Re: Satanism and Dogma. [Re: Dan_Dread]
Meq Offline
Banned

#26255 - 06/25/09 05:55 PM Re: Satanism and Dogma. [Re: ]
Mike Offline

Loc: Farmingdale, NY
 Quote:
If I can teach you, then you are by default no longer ignorant. At this point in time you have a choice, I will be interested in what road you take.

See, the problem here is that actually YOU are the ignorant one who fails to understand probably the simplest concept...You either are or are not a Satanist, period. You can be Satanic, but if Satanism is not natural for you then you are not a Satanist.

#26256 - 06/25/09 06:00 PM Re: Satanism and Dogma. [Re: ta2zz]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
 Originally Posted By: ta2zz

I think their forum is free.

Not any more, I've been there recently CoS official forum charges for access to certain areas of their forum.

Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.