Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#26267 - 06/25/09 07:18 PM Re: Satanism and Dogma. [Re: TornadoCreator]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Sadly you read my reply and all you get out of it is I lack some information. So I guess you were just trying to help in some way. Or just trying to make yourself look more knowledgeable. Well thanks for trying I guess. Just stop trying so hard man. This would be probably be better off in a PM than here interrupting the flow of the thread.

Now to try to keep this on track, let me ask do you agree or disagree with anything I said? Do you not think that the type of “elite” members the CoS/LTTD forum tries to attract have no problem with spending a few dollars for access to a private area? After all to some elitism seems to end with being financially and romantically stable. Do you not think that the single-mindedness of one who holds Anton’s words to be scripture is better suited to a forum of those who share and parrot these views?

Most of what LaVay said mirrors my own thoughts in many ways. I would have loved to have the chance to have met him. Respect him and his words yes, but glorify any other mans words as scripture or the be all end all of anything is just not my way.

~T~

#26289 - 06/26/09 12:57 AM Re: Satanism and Dogma. [Re: Mike]
hellbent666
Unregistered

I don't really care for titles much anymore. It seems forums such as these are plagued by people that need something to call themselves, I classify myself as a jeramiahist. I don't let one single book define who I am. I was at one point a self professed Satanist. But I digress

As I said in my reply ta2zz, it is not a Platonic Form. It doesn't only have one interpretation. And I totally agree with you that the words of ole' Anton are not infallible like that group likes to claim they are. And I can concur with you on the other part of your reply saying that they are Parrots. They have no minds of their own and they ban anyone who's ideas do not conform. LaVey's philosophy might have been eye opening but that book was like, "No shit!". I had felt like that for years. So essentially he was selling us our own thoughts. Most con-men employed that exact kind of trick. It worked! LOL!

#26290 - 06/26/09 02:11 AM Re: Satanism and Dogma. [Re: ]
cuterebra23 Offline
lurker

Loc: Pa
Biggest pet peeve of mine happens to be those who contradict themselves within there own words......
"I don't really care for titles much anymore. It seems forums such as these are plagued by people that need something to call themselves, I classify myself as a jeramiahist."

I do agree however that all the words of man are fallible.

#26308 - 06/26/09 04:58 PM Re: Satanism and Dogma. [Re: cuterebra23]
hellbent666
Unregistered

It's also amusing when people don't bother to ask the definition of said "title". I can't really call "Jeramiahism" a title because it is an amalgamation of various ideas. It is not a "form", so thus it cannot be a title.
#26326 - 06/26/09 09:55 PM Re: Satanism and Dogma. [Re: ]
Mike Offline

Loc: Farmingdale, NY
We don't need to call ourselves anything, and even if we felt the need to that's not what this is about. We're just trying to imply the simple statement that to be a Satanist you have to think like one. It's not that complicated.

#26328 - 06/27/09 01:03 AM Re: Satanism and Dogma. [Re: Mike]
hellbent666
Unregistered

No sir you have to also ACT like one as well. Do you know what the difference between information and knowledge/wisdom are. Application. Satanism is a tool to apply to every aspect of your life, and to most of these supposed "real satanists" that are on another forum, y'all are poseurs. But honestly I have higher hopes for this bunch than them. I can't call you guys poseurs but thinking is one crucial step away from becoming something useful. Application Mein Herr is key.

You can read all the books you want but if you don't apply it it becomes as useless as reading fiction.

#26329 - 06/27/09 01:09 AM Re: Satanism and Dogma. [Re: ]
Diavolo Offline
RIP
stalker

But you surely have to realize that application on a forum is nothing but a declaration and as such, being a poseur can't really be proved or disproved. What evidence do we have for it besides the person's word?

D.

#26331 - 06/27/09 01:25 AM Re: Satanism and Dogma. [Re: Diavolo]
hellbent666
Unregistered

100% true Diavolo! That is something I cannot argue. But we have to remember that we can be anyone online. We can be 6'4" 260lbs. of solid muscle when in fact we are short and fat. Most people blow themselves out of proportion online, to make us seem more interesting. It's also a level of social posturing at times. I couldn't tell you how many times short skinny men have commented on my avatar because it made them feel better. It's really amusing sometimes what will actually fall out of people's mouths when trying to make themselves seem important. Dating ads are great, they make me laugh.
#26340 - 06/27/09 08:22 AM Re: Satanism and Dogma. [Re: Diavolo]
coelentrate Offline

Loc: Dundee, Scotland
 Originally Posted By: Diavolo
But you surely have to realize that application on a forum is nothing but a declaration and as such, being a poseur can't really be proved or disproved. What evidence do we have for it besides the person's word?

D.

But I think you can get a pretty good guess. Online you can tell how people are by what they do. I think you can read people. If someone on this forum was a total loser but convinced everyone here they were a great satanist, they'd be an awesome con-man in real life, which itself is a satanic virtue.

hellbent: I like you.

#26402 - 06/28/09 10:58 PM Re: Satanism and Dogma. [Re: coelentrate]
hellbent666
Unregistered

thank you sir, the feeling is mutual. I'm off my high horse. Morgan speared me off of it. LOL!
Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.017 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 23 queries. Zlib compression disabled.