Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#26260 - 06/25/09 06:30 PM Michael Jackson Died.
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
Michael Jackson died at 12noon in LA (7pm GMT) after being rushed to hospital after a heart attack. Now, despite all the shit that man went though and all the media crap, court cases etc. I personally enjoyed his music and I thought people may enjoy talking about one of the most influential artists in modern music. I think we should consider his achievements.

Link to news article about heart attack
Sky News
Daily Mail

#26262 - 06/25/09 06:42 PM Re: Michael Jackson Died. [Re: TornadoCreator]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Fuck MJ when Farrah Fawcett is dead as well. Personally I would rather think about an old 80's poster girl than a creepy guy with no nose, who just might as well quite possibly be a child molester.

Oh Wait... I get it...

Meh again nothing that touches me directly or even indirectly. I just love it when people get all "it was so unexpected". Like somebody has beaten death before.

~T~

Edit: BTW your smiley looks like it just had a finger stuck somewhere uncomfortable.

Edited by ta2zz (06/25/09 06:44 PM)
Edit Reason: marked

#26263 - 06/25/09 06:45 PM Re: Michael Jackson Died. [Re: ta2zz]
Woland Moderator Offline
Seasoned

Loc: Oslo, Norway
Fucked up he was, but he made some amazing music.
Out of his misery now...

Woland

Contra Mundum!

#26264 - 06/25/09 06:51 PM Re: Michael Jackson Died. [Re: Woland]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
I was never sure what to make of the allegations against MJ, personally I don't give a shit. I'm never going to know the truth so it's not worth me worrying about it.

As for music, people can't deny MJ influenced music greatly. He made some incredible songs, such as Black & White, Leave Me Alone, Earth Song, Smooth Criminal and classics like Thriller, Bad and Eat It. He has had more Weird Al parodies than any other artist and was probably the richest musician in the world until recently.

Not really a shocking death, but I like to look back on people who have influenced my life, and celebrities do influence me, music, film, TV, comedy etc, all changes how I feel and think, at least to some extent.

#26265 - 06/25/09 06:58 PM Re: Michael Jackson Died. [Re: TornadoCreator]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Never liked anything he did. Thanks though, this story made me smile.

#26268 - 06/25/09 07:19 PM Re: Michael Jackson Died. [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Jake999 Offline

To quote from THE HELL OF IT from Phantom of the Paradise, "Though your music lingers on all of us are glad you're gone." At least I am. Fuck him and his goddamn monkey.

#26269 - 06/25/09 07:27 PM Re: Michael Jackson Died. [Re: Woland]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Seriously he did more than many to influence the world but really now... Which would you rather remember?

This

or....

This?

I rest my case.

~T~

Any questions?

#26270 - 06/25/09 07:48 PM Re: Michael Jackson Died. [Re: TornadoCreator]
Meq Offline
Banned

I can't honestly say that I've given a moment's thought to Michael Jackson for a long time.

I wonder if he'll suddenly be idealized after his death, much like happened to Princess Diana or Jade Goody. One moment the tabloids just love to dish the dirt and sleaze, and the next, the deceased was a wonderful angel for everyone to wail over.

It would at least be ironic concerning the former public perception of M.J.

Meq

#26273 - 06/25/09 07:55 PM Re: Michael Jackson Died. [Re: ta2zz]
Meq Offline
Banned

This is how I'll remember him.
Rest in peace Michael! ;\)

#26274 - 06/25/09 07:59 PM Re: Michael Jackson Died. [Re: Meq]
ZephyrGirl Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Adelaide Australia
I think he will be, remembered as a Peter Pan figure. A damaged soul, but a talented one (although I personally wasn't into his music ever as a teenager, I liked Alice Cooper), or he certainly has here already. They haven't even mentioned Farret yet. Damn that's typical. Bloody media.

Farret I suppose was at least expedted. You can't buy your life!

Zeph

Edited by ZephyrGirl (06/25/09 08:47 PM)

#26279 - 06/25/09 09:01 PM Re: Michael Jackson Died. [Re: ZephyrGirl]
MorbidMaxxx Offline
stranger

Loc: From New Jersey, currently in ...
my opinion, along with what seems to be the majorities, fuck him, he might have served as a pop icon and even changed the pop scene of todays media, but pop is the exact opposite of any satanists concern.im surprised he has lived to reach 50, he was as plastic as barbie. it just goes to show money cant buy health. and his death will save many young boys from mental trauma(i know it was never proven, but any 50 year old who owns a place named "never never land" and spends his time sitting in a tree might aswell accept the title of child molester)
#26283 - 06/25/09 09:57 PM Re: Michael Jackson Died. [Re: MorbidMaxxx]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
I have to go with Ta2zz on this.
I will miss Farrah more. I grew up with her on tv, had her Charlie's Angels dolls, and just liked her personality.

She just was more "honest" in how she lived.

I think I might have her playboy layout around here someplace too.

Fuck michael, Thriller came out more than 20 years ago. What sane parent lets their little kid sleep over a grown mans house unsupervised. I do feel bad for his kids, I hope they dont end up with his parents.

Morgan

#26286 - 06/25/09 11:56 PM Re: Michael Jackson Died. [Re: TornadoCreator]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
Sorry, I have to take the higher road here. Michael was the Elvis of our generation. I am old enough to remember when Elvis died. I remember where I was, and my mom crying.

I posted this elsewhere, but it bears repeating. Compare the two... Eccentric, influenced music for generations, addicted to drugs, crossed all ethnic boundaries, built a fortune, amassed a ton of hits, died unexpectedly and at relatively the same age. I could go on.

Like me, I know younger folks will remember this day in much the same way I do when Elvis died. The news media is treating it much the same way.

I was never a huge fan of his. I did respect his work and achievemnents though. I still listen to his songs once in a while when I am feeling like it. Hmmm, name one artist or band today that would elicit such a response from the people should they die?

#26288 - 06/26/09 12:00 AM Re: Michael Jackson Died. [Re: fakepropht]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Since MJ is 90% plastic, his body will be melted down and turned into Legos so little kids can play with him for once.

#26293 - 06/26/09 07:47 AM Re: Michael Jackson Died. [Re: MorbidMaxxx]
Woland Moderator Offline
Seasoned

Loc: Oslo, Norway
 Originally Posted By: MorbidMaxxx
he might have served as a pop icon and even changed the pop scene of todays media, but pop is the exact opposite of any satanists concern.

That statement is narrowminded and plain silly.

In order to exist and function both outside and inside "The Box" (so to speak), a Satanist will have to concern him/her self deeply with popular culture.

If not; you will simply live inside another, equally invalid box.

MJ, fuckwit as he was for sure, was a musical genious.
The most complex and difficult task a composer can take on;
is to make successful popular music, and at the same time keep it on a very advanced level of musicality.
(W. A. Mozart comes to mind...)

Music is by far the highest form of art the human race has produced.
And Mr. Jackson was an excellent practitioner indeed.
His working relationship with Mr. Quincy Jones will enter the history of musical achievments as one of the greatest.

Will not miss his sad persona at all, walking media-circus as he was.
But the music he could have made...

Woland

Contra Mundum!

Page 1 of 2 12>

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.