Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#2630 - 12/07/07 06:36 PM Germany moves to ban Scientology
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
At least Germany has its head on straight when it comes to dealing with the "Scien-os". Naturally, the "Church" is not pleased with the decision of Deutchland's interior ministers. Tom Cruise will fly over in a top secret mission to go "Mission Impossible" on their asses.

Eine Kniereflex zum Dritte Reich reaction hat?

"Du hattest mich an hallo"

#2638 - 12/07/07 10:16 PM Re: Germany moves to ban Scientology [Re: Nemesis]
xear Administrator Offline
Admin

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
The Church of Scientology has always had trouble in Germany for some reason. Even 10 years ago they had their panties in a wad over not being allowed to exercise their *cough* "religious"views.

I went on 97.1 FM here in LA several years ago to debate some Calvary Baptist Minister live. The producers of the show made it a point to insist us that neither of us bring up Scientology, Scientologists, or the Church for any reason while on the air, for fear that they would be sued. They have a very real stronghold here in LA (their world headquarters)

IMNSHO, the Church of Scientology is an effective cult operating without regard to the effects the have on those around them. They have a well documented history of abuse, sabotage, and harassment against all who oppose them. Stop by Hollywood Blvd some time to see them suckering tourists in to take their "Personality Test", where they tell them what's "stopping them from achieving happiness" then selling them their classes, books, and seminars.

(YouTube Scientologist, or Scientology for a good solid hour of laughs and cringes)

-R

#2646 - 12/08/07 08:02 AM Re: Germany moves to ban Scientology [Re: xear]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
They've seemed to spread their tentacles into every major city, at least in the US. I'm lucky too--one of their main bases of operation is here in Clearwater, FL, about a 20 minute drive from where I live. I see them everywhere--fairs, conventions, whathaveyou--with their little booth set up with a banner advertising "Free Stress Test". Stacks of L. Ron Hubbard's garbage stacked all around the tables. The gullible people (mostly seniors), sitting there, filling out the questionnaire. It's just disgusting.

A fun thing to do is drive through downtown Clearwater. You can always tell the Sci-nos from regular business people walking around--they wear the same little uniform of white short-sleeved shirts, black or navy ties with matching pants, and hard-soled dress shoes. Then hang your head out the window and yell at them, and just hope you don't get caught at a red light down the road. \:\)

#2752 - 12/14/07 09:05 PM Re: Germany moves to ban Scientology [Re: Nemesis]
Equilibrio Offline
pledge

Loc: Missouri
You know...I will admit that I am a fan of cults in general. I mean, anyone willing to fly in the face of the "major" religions armed with only their own home-baked dogma needs to be applauded for their chutzpah at the very least.

But even the mention of the word "Scientology" makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. These twats had SUCH an opportunity to take this enterprise to mythological levels but instead opted to toe the line that Hubbard laid down in his dated, retardo-anachronistic sci-fi blather.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, just look at their poster boy, Tom Cruise. He could have been the perfect recruitment tool...Talented, sexy, discriminating...

But instead, he lurches over the edge so that he reveals himself as a plastic, semi-sane policy wonk with a case of acute narcissism. Which makes him a PERFECT spokesman for this "religion".

The "church" should be banned in EVERY country based on the single fact that they are such a waste of potential.

#11517 - 09/16/08 03:17 PM Re: Germany moves to ban Scientology [Re: Equilibrio]
napalm Offline
Banned
pledge

Any organization that can get away with the abuse of children should be banned.There protected by the constitution.The only way to get them out is for their followers to bring it to them.But they won't their so stuck on relying on others for their spiritual support that they just turn a blind eye.And if they do the Church'll just send them to another parish.
As far as scientology is concerened of coarse they will want it banned.They ban anything that doesnt fit in with,or contradicts,their pieced together religious dogma.

#12866 - 10/19/08 01:27 PM Re: Germany moves to ban Scientology [Re: napalm]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
It's not a matter of religious discrimination like the self-victimizing Scifags are making it out to be. They have a long history of abusive and illegal behavior. They're not a church; they're a criminal organization. Although, like a church, they feed off of a sizeable herd of gullible morons to get money and fake an air of legitimacy.

#12869 - 10/19/08 01:47 PM Re: Germany moves to ban Scientology [Re: The Zebu]
Phaethon Offline
pledge

This is a very interesting topic. I say just leave the undermining of Scientology to anonymous. Yes they are abusing people and all that, but it doesn't seem to me like they are hurting the smart. Other than any pain (physical or emotional) they cause to children, i don't see any problem with them. If they can feed off of and mentally destroy the weak, all the better. Would you really want some of these people who follow Scientology to think for themselves? Even the stupid need their place. Its their decision to get lead around by the Co$, who am I to stop that.

If they wish to go berserk on anyone who speaks against them, so be it. I trust in those who would expose the truth. They can practice their.. whatever as much as they want, leave me out of it and don't hurt the innocent, oh and I'd like if they'd pay their damn taxes.

#13135 - 10/21/08 06:56 PM Re: Germany moves to ban Scientology [Re: Phaethon]
Marilyn Offline
stranger

we here in Germany are not the only ones who are looking at banning it.

In France they are also looking at putting a ban on the org.

about time they closed down the money making crap like that..

then they should lead by example and close down churches and their tax's etc.

HS!

#13138 - 10/21/08 07:12 PM Re: Germany moves to ban Scientology [Re: Marilyn]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
Churches should be strictly taxed. They are just another money-making business like any other.

#13302 - 10/22/08 07:42 PM Re: Germany moves to ban Scientology [Re: The Zebu]
Marilyn Offline
stranger

Originally Posted By: The Zebu
Churches should be strictly taxed. They are just another money-making business like any other.

i agree, but the worst are so sects that arch from the church's.

i come across something the other day.
Some guy called benny hinn and his money making benny hinn ministries.

here are 2 links to look at,
fraud with Benny Hinn

how they blow money that people pay to him

but, at the end of the day you can see it in 2 ways.
one the dumb ass christian's who follow some idiot like this. and the other, he who comes up this sort of idea, and also gets away with daylight robbery of people.

just goes to show how blind some people can be made with faith,

HS!

#13309 - 10/22/08 08:26 PM Re: Germany moves to ban Scientology [Re: Marilyn]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

That is awesome. Almost as awesome as Russia banning looking like an emo kid in public. However, Russia did also ban Southpark which wasn't awesome even though I can still watch it here in the US. Scientology, ah what a funny joke. A joke that has gotten stale with time. I'll always love that line from Aenima: "Fuck L Ron Hubbard and fuck all his clones...."

#13334 - 10/23/08 12:45 AM Re: Germany moves to ban Scientology [Re: Equilibrio]
BlacKAcRE66 Offline
pledge

Loc: California
 Originally Posted By: Equilibrio
You know...I will admit that I am a fan of cults in general. I mean, anyone willing to fly in the face of the "major" religions armed with only their own home-baked dogma needs to be applauded for their chutzpah at the very least.

But even the mention of the word "Scientology" makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. These twats had SUCH an opportunity to take this enterprise to mythological levels but instead opted to toe the line that Hubbard laid down in his dated, retardo-anachronistic sci-fi blather.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, just look at their poster boy, Tom Cruise. He could have been the perfect recruitment tool...Talented, sexy, discriminating...

But instead, he lurches over the edge so that he reveals himself as a plastic, semi-sane policy wonk with a case of acute narcissism. Which makes him a PERFECT spokesman for this "religion".

The "church" should be banned in EVERY country based on the single fact that they are such a waste of potential.

Tom Cruise is a self-exploited victim of mind control just like many Christian conservatives.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.024 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 25 queries. Zlib compression disabled.