Page 7 of 7 « First<34567
Topic Options
#27410 - 07/23/09 04:57 AM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Atralux Lucis]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
This is silly.

In the UK where Torando is from, they have a civil union which has every right a straight couple has. Except they use the words CIVIL UNION instead of MARRIAGE.

Thats why I said to TC, get over it.

I dont care who gets married, unionized or whatever. Let everyone be either happy or misrable in the partner they choose.

If you need a priest and the word marriage, I think your in the wrong place anyway.......

Morgan

#27592 - 07/28/09 04:06 AM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: SkaffenAmtiskaw]
Atralux Lucis Offline
pledge

Loc: Australia
Its great that UK has a civil union. Now if the rest of the world can follow that we can be relieved of these 'Gay Marriage' protests and stuff. I mean they are going to end up giving in anyways so they may well appease them now.

As Morgan and others emphasize, its a blatantly simple issue, just civil union and problem solved. Unfortunately world leader and politicians make things complicated.

#27924 - 08/05/09 12:46 AM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Atralux Lucis]
ceruleansteel Offline

Loc: Behind you
You are missing the point, and the reason why I'm annoyed.

TC is from the UK. He can make a legally binding relationship with any man he pleases. THEY HAVE ALL THE RIGHTS THAT EVERYONE ELSE HAS.

Quote:
Now if the rest of the world can follow that we can be relieved of these 'Gay Marriage' protests and stuff.

WRONG. They have all those rights and now they (and I must use TC as the "representative they") are bitching because even though they have all the same rights, they don't get to use the same word. It's petty and makes him (and by extension, "them") look like pussy crybabies who just want to bitch about something.

I cannot go into the men's room. I cannot be called a "waiter". There are many things that I cannot do and words I can't own that a man can because I am NOT A MAN. Just as I can't do some of the things that insanely wealthy people can do, things that musicians can do, etc. Egalitarianism is bullshit and will never truly exist. People ARE different. I don't understand why the minority and fringe lifestyles feel like they have some sort of special entitlement compared to the mass majority. I can accept it. Most other people can accept it.

#28419 - 08/13/09 07:34 AM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: ceruleansteel]
Atralux Lucis Offline
pledge

Loc: Australia
I already said that the same rights should not be limited to just the UK.

Are you accepting that christian ethics of gays being bad and not worthy of marriage are perfectly okay in our political legal system?

If for anything Id like to see gay marriage just to shove it up the ass of the christians and even show them their stupid ethics is being pushed out of law. At the moment no gay marriage is proof that, I think in america, a contradiction when they said the church and the country being kept separate.

#28529 - 08/17/09 05:44 AM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Atralux Lucis]
ceruleansteel Offline

Trying to label my motives as Christian doesn't intimidate me a bit. I am beginning to wonder if English is your first language or perhaps you are purposefully ignoring the point I'm making. I never said shit about Christianity, did I? I never said whether or not gays DESERVE this or that, did I? You seem to have difficulty addressing what I actually AM saying, which - for the ten thousandth fucking time - is that it's just a word and people need to stop being such fucking crybabies.

My defense of the man-woman marriage is (as I have already stated) based on the fact that the word "marriage" already has a legal definition. While we can change the definition of common words, you can't so easily change a legal definition. Those words HAVE to remain constant so that the law can remain interpretable.

Now, commonly, it can be referred to as a marriage, but because the LEGAL definition of the word clearly states that it is between members of the opposite sex, you just have to give it a different legal name.

My gripe with the gay community is that they DO have just as many "rights" as everyone else. They are bitching and whining over nothing more than semantics. They need to get the fuck over it and just be glad that it's not still legal to jail them for morality crimes or beat them down, deny them jobs, and just generally make them wish they were dead.

And my feelings towards faggotry have nothing at all to do with Christianity.

Church and State ARE separate. Anyone can have a marriage ceremony. The legality comes into play when you go downtown and sign a legally binding marriage contract. They are two separate animals.

#28530 - 08/17/09 06:24 AM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: ceruleansteel]
Wdrndr Offline
Idiot--banned
stranger

Loc: South Africa
Wow! Sory. A ?, are u gay? Have ever been judged by parents, family and just strangers?... Have you ever been told you cant do a job cause you are gay?.... I have! Do you know how it feels 2 be gay?... Finaly, the fact of your overt anger and hostility in this matter and thus in the words of shakespear, and in acord with the previous posts... "me thinks the lady doth protest to much"
#28532 - 08/17/09 07:05 AM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Wdrndr]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Originally Posted By: Wdrndr
Wow! Sory. A ?, are u gay? Have ever been judged by parents, family and just strangers?... Have you ever been told you cant do a job cause you are gay?.... I have! Do you know how it feels 2 be gay?... Finaly, the fact of your overt anger and hostility in this matter and thus in the words of shakespear, and in acord with the previous posts... "me thinks the lady doth protest to much"

Everyone is being judged everytime, knowing how it feels to be gay? I guess the same as every goddamned person on the planet. Put aside your emotional whining crap. You know that there are people on the world who don't like gays, learn to anticipate on that and don't proclaim you are gay everywhere you go, or do not even try to link rejection from certain people because of your sexual orientation.

You didn't get a job because you were gay? I'm more inclined to believe you didn't get it because your skills didn't match the profile the company wanted.Keep your head down little girl, more brainfarts like these will most likely let you end up in the hall of shame.

Edited by Dimitri (08/17/09 07:05 AM)

#28612 - 08/18/09 02:41 AM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Wdrndr]
ceruleansteel Offline

I'm surprised you know who Shakespeare is. Judging from the rest of your post I gathered you to be one of the africans who cowered in fear at the sight of an electric lightbulb.

Happy? Now I knock you because you're gay AND because you live in a continent of ignorant bushmen shaking their dicks at chickens all day. Wooga Booga!

Nope. I'm not gay, and after giving it serious consideration, it's just not in me to jump the fence.

Quote:
Do you know how it feels 2 be gay?...

If it's that damn bad, kill yourself.

Quote:
Have ever been judged by parents, family and just strangers?...

Yes I have. But I don't whine about it on a public forum. I deal with it. Everyone judges. It's human nature. If you are so gay that the room ignites before you even enter, then perhaps you should tone it down a bit, instead of (once again) thinking that the world has to embrace your little fudge-packin' ass.

We don't.

Quote:
Finaly, the fact of your overt anger and hostility in this matter...

If you are too stupid to see what I'm being hostile about, even though I have explained it ad nauseum, then I'm not going to do anything at all about it. Have your little victim complex. I could give a shit less. The weak are always the first to be brought down by the predator, thus ensuring the survival of - yes, I'm going to say it - The Fittest.

Edited by Nemesis (08/19/09 07:05 PM)
Edit Reason: might want to invest in a wireless laptop mouse, lol ;)

#28657 - 08/19/09 06:30 PM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: ceruleansteel]
Wdrndr Offline
Idiot--banned
stranger

Loc: South Africa
Injury and insult? And p ubic forum?...Interesting... Thus in judging from your own words, just a ?, where are the logic and the objective or subjective facts behind anything you have just stated?...pls enlighten our intelects?... I rest my case your honour!

Do not reply to this fool. He/she has been banned.

Edited by Nemesis (08/19/09 06:46 PM)

#28665 - 08/19/09 09:34 PM Re: Gay Marriage [Re: Wdrndr]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Sorry for the attempted one liner and the lame ass internet forum meme, but, seriously, /thread.

This should should probably be locked now before it degenerates to a level of idiocy more so than it already has.

Page 7 of 7 « First<34567

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds of which 0.003 seconds were spent on 23 queries. Zlib compression disabled.