Page 1 of 5 12345>
Topic Options
#27014 - 07/11/09 09:14 AM Thier delusion seems to work...
FromGehenna Offline
pledge

Okay, that's an interesting header for a topic, so let me actually explain what i'm looking to discuss.

Satanism is, as the Satanic Bible says, a philosophy used by the most successful people in the world, yet actual evidence of that from Satanists themselves is sorely lacking. To expand: the majority of extremely successful captains of industry, media and art follow a theistic delusion based on a 2000 year old myth about a god-man and his philosphy.

Satanists follow a philosophy based on practical self interest, rational edonism, epicureanism and carnal pleasure. Yet by and large most Satanists (yes, us) are at the bottom of the ladder.

Where are the incredible success stories of Satanists? Where are the award-winning artists and film-makers to rival the biggest names? Spielberg is a devout jew. Sacha Baron Cohen (Borat, Bruno) is also very strict in his religious beliefs. Alan Sugar, a major industry figure in the UK is also very protective of his religion, as is Sir Philip Green, top dog at Marks And Spencer.

If these people are following a thiestic belief, there doesn't seem to be any indication of it doing them an harm.

By the same token the majority of satanist are disgruntled quasi-sociopath persons that are incapable of being part of society and using it for their own end. Could well be that the continual disdain and hatred that they have clouds their ambition. Too busy hating, not enough focus on career and education.

Satanism will take a stride forward when a major captain of industry steps forward and states that they are in agreement with the philosophy of Anton LaVey. But that can only happen when we take revenge by personal excellence.

I am working towards that every working day of my life. Can you say the same?

#27016 - 07/11/09 12:23 PM Re: Thier delusion seems to work... [Re: FromGehenna]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

Just because you don't hear any "Satanism success stories". Doesn't mean they don't exist. There are high profile Satanists who are open about the philosophy they adhere to. People like Matt Skiba and King Diamond. They are both musicians though and "coming out" wouldn't hurt their career as much as it would for the CEO of a major corporation.

Since most people can't/wont understand what Satanism is, preferring to hold on to their misconceptions, it is often in the best interest of the Satanist to keep quiet about their beliefs. Counter productive pride is something to be avoided, after all. Maybe some day we will live in a world devoid of Christian morals where the Satanist can live without fear of reprimand for their beliefs. That day, however, is not today.

Besides, Satanism doesn't need any of these success stories. The philosophy stands on its own as the best representation for the beliefs that I hold. I don't need to be made aware of rich people who share the same philosophy to know it works me.

#27024 - 07/11/09 06:58 PM Re: Thier delusion seems to work... [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
hellbent666
Unregistered

On the flip side of this...

In an effort to not be associated with such words as arrogant, pompous, goody goody, mean, callous, evil (lol), and the list continues of negative qualities, I decided to drop the label completely. I understand that it is a stand alone philosophy but often times we have bad examples of what a Satanist truly is. The only one I really admire is Marilyn Manson. Gilmore and Co. give everyone a bad name. Honestly, if any rational average citizen were to sit down on their computer and come to this forum and others they would get a really shitty view of what a real satanist is.

Honestly, I think we need less titles, and fewer good opinions on bad things. It makes people want to shoot their computer screen sometimes. If this doesn't sum it up in one name I don't know what will... YGRAINE!!! You really want that excuse for a woman to be the mouth piece of Satanism?! Some of the personalities on here aren't much better either.

#27034 - 07/12/09 03:47 AM Re: Thier delusion seems to work... [Re: FromGehenna]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Since you can't seem to spell a word in your title for this post, it would seem you are an example of the problem.

"Satanists follow a philosophy based on practical self interest, rational edonism, epicureanism and carnal pleasure. Yet by and large most Satanists (yes, us) are at the bottom of the ladder."

In your opinion, by the people you are "friends" with.

In this society, you don't get ahead by pushing the right hand path religious/philosophy unless you have money in order to run for a political office.

Successful Satanists don't have to advertise to anyone who they are or what they believe. I would think that many at this point in time would be happy to be the power behind the throne until the whole western grasps and cock sucking of xitianity dies.

If you can not successfully spell in a post you created yourself, what can you really add to the table?

Personal excellence is defined by the individual. Not by someone who can't even take the time to proof read their words.

Morgan

#27043 - 07/12/09 12:21 PM Re: Thier delusion seems to work... [Re: FromGehenna]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
I live in the Washington, DC area. Trust me, there are more than you could ever know. For these individuals to come clean, it would be career suicide. So I sacrifice my politcal power, my position, my income, to announce that "yes, I am a Satanist"? They might as well announce that they hold weekend sleepover orgies with 8 year olds.

I am not going to go into details about who or what positions these individuals hold. For one, our local Satanist group would kick my ass for doing so, and two, I am not going to jeapordize their careers.

Trust me, they are there, they just don't subscribe to the fallacy that they have to be "loud, proud, and out of the closet". They don't have to wear clock sized baphomets around their necks or mark themselves.

Really? What's next? A Satanic Pride Parade? Filled with pimple faced folks dressed in boots and black suits, black metal tees, baphomets dangling from their necks, giant baphomet tattoos on display, banners announcing which grotto is coming up next? Sorry, I'd rather watch the Ringling Brothers parade.

#27044 - 07/12/09 12:44 PM Re: Thier delusion seems to work... [Re: fakepropht]
Jake999 Offline

"Open wide the gates of Hell! The lower heavens beneath you, let them serve you! Govern those who govern! Cast down such as fall. Bring forth those that increase, and destroy the rotten. No place, let it remain in one number. Add and diminish until the stars be numbered."
Anton Szandor LaVey
The Satanic Bible

There's pride and then there's counterproductive pride. It might be a prideful thing to stand alone in the middle of a Ku Klux Klan rally and scream, "I'm black and my mother's a Jew!" That pride can't help you when you're there and exposed to those who's sworn duty is to make your ass go the way of the dodos.

There are times you might make a splash, by being "loud, proud and in your face," but the true power would be in being that ripple that starts the wave that becomes the tsunami. or a constant, yet undeniable pressure to change.

#27046 - 07/12/09 01:26 PM Re: Thier delusion seems to work... [Re: Jake999]
Fist Moderator Offline
veteran member

Loc: B'mo Cautious MF
As others have pointed out, what would one possibly have to gain by publicly announcing that they are Satanists? This is only useful for artists like King Diamond and Marylin Manson who's stock in trade is parental outrage and shock value.

I know for a FACT that their are Satanists in govt, military, law enforcement, medicine, well known think tanks, K Street law firms, and Fortune 500 companies. 'We' are everywhere.

By and large, my experience with actual Satanists is that they are more intelligent and more productive than majority of the general population. They are also considerably more self-reliant. However, we also have a bit of an image problem because there are quite a few boot lickers, pousers, fakers, looses and hangers-on who also claim to 'satanists.' And, this is the popular image of 'us' that is promoted in the media.

Being a younger fellow, it is somewhat forgivable that you do not know your own history. But a quick Google search of the Satanic Panics of the 80's should explain why most of 'us' do not advertise our affiliation with the LHP.

#27332 - 07/21/09 08:44 PM Re: Thier delusion seems to work... [Re: Fist]
god.over.djinn Offline
pledge

Loc: Melbourne
 Quote:
Satanism is, as the Satanic Bible says, a philosophy used by the most successful people in the world, yet actual evidence of that from Satanists themselves is sorely lacking. To expand: the majority of extremely successful captains of industry, media and art follow a theistic delusion based on a 2000 year old myth about a god-man and his philosphy.

Satanists follow a philosophy based on practical self interest, rational edonism, epicureanism and carnal pleasure. Yet by and large most Satanists (yes, us) are at the bottom of the ladder.

I would expect that many of the people deemed most successful by others are in fact "Satanic", even if they haven't read Anton's work (and don't want to). It is difficult to acquire success if you are not the kind of person who is good at acquiring success. Acquiring money and power requires initiative, self-belief, discipline, energy, competence, competitiveness, and mercilessness. These are Satanic qualities.

Greed, envy, pride, lust, gluttony and sloth will inspire the pursuit of wealth and power. Pride and wrath provide the means.

If a given Satanist lacks wealth and power, it is either because their needs are being satisfied by means other than wealth and power, or it is because they are not adequately embracing the sins that lead to success.

G.O.D.

#29061 - 08/31/09 05:16 AM Re: Thier delusion seems to work... [Re: FromGehenna]
Macumba Offline
stranger

Remember the good film 'The Devil's advocate ?
Successful Satanist Al Pacino tells the new 'member' to be MORE DISCRET !

Matt Skiba is not the best example of a well known Satanist : in his Wikipedia file, it is said he loves to scare people with his Church of Satan card : quite childish !

A very good example would be filmaker Roman Polanski : 'The 9th door, Rosemary's baby...

#29070 - 08/31/09 01:01 PM Re: Thier delusion seems to work... [Re: FromGehenna]
Zorg Offline
stranger

Loc: A Galaxy Far, Far Away
While this is not what you seem to be getting at, I see a rabbit to chase.

I look at god-religions as a kind of medication. There are people who have specific illnesses for which they take specific medications. Without the medicine, their malady will progress, perhaps unto death.

If someone who is well...or has another disorder altogether...takes the same medication, they jeapordize their health.

My mother, for instance, has found a much more rewarding life with the aid of Christianity. Without it, she was a basket case.

Myself...I am allergic.

I truly have no idea how anyone can state that members of a god-religion are more "successful"...however that is defined...than Satanists. Particularly since few of us wear buttons saying "I Am Going to Hell...Ask Me How".

But I do concede that many have found a sense of focus after taking up religion.

"Plato was a bore."
Friedrich Nietzsche

#29073 - 08/31/09 02:43 PM Re: Thier delusion seems to work... [Re: Zorg]
Woland Moderator Offline
Seasoned

Loc: Oslo, Norway
 Originally Posted By: Zorg
But I do concede that many have found a sense of focus after taking up religion.

I have seen many of my junkie friends straighten up their act (to some extent at least) after contracting HIV...

Or; another friend of mine.
Fantastic musician, shaved his head, sold his drumkit, and went into a krishna-convent.
When he was confronted with the possibility of brainwash he happily agreed and stated that it was his ultimate goal.
My brain feels dirty and I think it is a good idea to do some cleaning up, he said...

In my book; less dramatic cures please...

Woland

Contra Mundum!

#29074 - 08/31/09 03:06 PM Re: Thier delusion seems to work... [Re: Woland]
Zorg Offline
stranger

Loc: A Galaxy Far, Far Away
I hear what you are saying...and agree. I also think a lot of people are mulish when it comes to their attachment to pipe dreams. Whether it is fear, a feeling that life will have no purpose if they accepted life as it is...I can't say. Is the crap poison? You bet.

"Plato was a bore."
Friedrich Nietzsche

#29075 - 08/31/09 06:33 PM Re: Thier delusion seems to work... [Re: Zorg]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
The only "medicine" religion provides is to absolve one of responsibility. For one's actions towards others, for traumatic events in life, it's all about displacing the blame onto something that cannot be seen, felt, heard, smelt, nothing. That's an incredibly attractive quality for a philosophy to have, and it's no small wonder why religion is in such demand. Most likely, it always will be.

#29076 - 08/31/09 06:48 PM Re: Thier delusion seems to work... [Re: Nemesis]
Jake999 Offline

Originally Posted By: Nemesis
The only "medicine" religion provides is to absolve one of responsibility. For one's actions towards others, for traumatic events in life, it's all about displacing the blame onto something that cannot be seen, felt, heard, smelt, nothing. That's an incredibly attractive quality for a philosophy to have, and it's no small wonder why religion is in such demand. Most likely, it always will be.

In many way, religion is like taking a placebo, KNOWING you're taking that placebo, and convincing yourself that it's a penicillin for all of your personal failures. It's the equivalent of those "no work" weight loss diets you see hawked on TV.

#29078 - 08/31/09 07:41 PM Re: Thier delusion seems to work... [Re: Jake999]
Volvagia Offline
stranger

Rather than blame religion, because that's a cop out, I blame people. As religion is an invention of people. The problem with people like Manson is they use Satanism for shock value. There's much more to Satanism than that. Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, just that being a Satanist is not primarily about shock value.

Page 1 of 5 12345>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.026 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.