Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#2705 - 12/11/07 11:06 PM am i mistaken?
L Fern Tej Offline
pledge

Loc: Las Vegas, NV. (u.s.)
it seems that those of the highest intellect are also the most belligerent...some even to the point of seeming unreasonable and to put it bluntly, quite mad.
hahah
I only ask because it seems most of posterrs on this site are on the same level.
hahah
no disrespect intended of course.

#2707 - 12/12/07 01:34 AM Re: am i mistaken? [Re: L Fern Tej]
Disabuse Offline

In my opinion, you would be correct. Most of the users are naive and too stubborn to break their minds from preset thought patterns. It is funny to see just how much they actually believe themselves open-minded too. I just sit back and primarilily observe the left-handed crowd moving in a singular motion. It amuses me sometimes...

Enjoy the site.

#2709 - 12/12/07 02:52 AM Re: am i mistaken? [Re: Disabuse]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
OH, ha, ha, funny heh, heh, he,

"Everyone's a bit mad here..." - Cheshire Cat.

Anyone with more than half a brain is most definitely insane... I think I am rhyming.

Outside of the common "reality" - anyone that denies this as "fact", is, by definition, insane. We are all mad here. We don't live by "god's" or the "king's" laws.

Madness doesn't have to be nice, or polite, or forgiving. That's why the "sane" try to lock up the "insane". Fear.

Mistaken? I could say no... and I'd be right. I could say yes... and I'd be truly correct.

Kindness is a virtue that requires reverence.

#2715 - 12/12/07 12:40 PM Re: am i mistaken? [Re: daevid777]
TornadoCreator Offline

Loc: No Fixed Address
I am actually quite sane, and the current "it's cool to claim to be crazy" thing that's sweeping across teens and young adults recently pisses me off. There is nothing wrong with being normal, and don't get all philosophical with me about there being no such thing as normal, bollocks. I am not insane or mad. Eccentric, quite possibly; outspoken, yes; think for myself, most definitely.

#2718 - 12/12/07 02:07 PM Re: am i mistaken? [Re: TornadoCreator]
daevid777 Offline

Loc: Hell's Pisshole, Texas
Yes, but this is a matter of perspective, isn't it? I know where you live there are more "sane" people than say... Texas. That is to say, there are more people who are accepting of various ideas...

Think about the movie "Jesus Camp"... are they "insane"?

#2725 - 12/12/07 07:05 PM Re: am i mistaken? [Re: daevid777]
TornadoCreator Offline

I would say a lot of people are idiots, but few people are insane. I know, I've known insane people, (hell, I've fallen in love with one of them).

There are crazy people in the world but it's not as common as people think. For some reason though, it's getting more and more "cool" to claim to be a bit mad or crazy and that annoys me. But they I annoy easily.

#2727 - 12/12/07 07:24 PM Re: am i mistaken? [Re: TornadoCreator]
L Fern Tej Offline
pledge

Loc: Las Vegas, NV. (u.s.)
i know what you mean tornado.
seems it has become more and more usual for people to claim to be distraught, simply to hide the fact of how little personality they truly have.
annoys me too ^_^
but still doesn't explain why the most intellectual are also the most eccentric

#2732 - 12/13/07 04:55 AM Re: am i mistaken? [Re: L Fern Tej]
TornadoCreator Offline

I think it's because the more intellectual individuals have spent more time looking at different aspects of life from a variety of different perspectives and developed ideas that are socially unacceptable, politically incorrect or considered radical in some way. These people then go on to distance themselves in some manner by voicing said opinion of because that opinion makes it difficult for them to socialize with people they view as stupid, moronic or closed minded. These differences make people appear eccentric, in many cases they are the cause of people becoming eccentric, nihilistic and narcissistic. I've previously been described as all three.

#19523 - 02/02/09 03:06 AM Re: am i mistaken? [Re: L Fern Tej]
Dimitri Offline
stalker

Sane, insane?
On this planet everyone of the same species thinks he is sane.
But sometimes.. quite often... when I look at my sweet little cat... she has this look like she is saying: "what the hell is he doing now? What could be possibly be fun about sitting behind a box full of light and moving images... . Isn't it more fun to hunt a little rubber mouse?"

Everyone thinks he is sane, but I know somewhere and somehow someone will declair me nuts. Animals does already, some people...
At least I enjoy it and that's the most important thing.

#19527 - 02/02/09 08:11 AM Re: am i mistaken? [Re: Dimitri]
spiderbreeder Offline

Loc: Sydney,Australia
Sanity/Insanity is all in the eye of the beholder- an individual who is classed as clinically insane by some, might be perceived as a talented eccentric genius by others... there are so many differing opinions out there about where to draw the line a person crosses where they can be classed as genuinely insane.

I think I'm as sane as they come- but then again, so does Charlie Manson, so it all boils down to individual perception.
I think I'm fine, but others might perceive me as a border-line psychopath,who knows?

Just another point alluding to the fact that we are not all part of the "universal mind" concept that the new age white-lighters would like us all to get swept up in.

Regarding the question originally asked here, the more "intelligently advanced" somebody is, the likelihood of them exhibiting belligerence and contempt for people who "aren't in the same class" would only happen if they had a display of blatant stupidity shoved in their faces- which has happened quite a lot on this forum from what I have seen so far.

And quite rightly so! ;\)

Edited by spiderbreeder (02/02/09 08:13 AM)

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.023 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 23 queries. Zlib compression disabled.