Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#27380 - 07/22/09 09:52 PM Lavey's Character Being Put Into Question Again
Morbid Rex Offline

I'm sure many of the members here know of the site which supposedly refutes the myths of Lavey's life. Whether any of those claims are true or not I obviously don't know, and for the most part don't care as it has no effect on the basic principles behind the Satanic philosophy. However it appears that another person has come forth with disbaraging things to say of Lavey, this time in book format. Supposedly this Lisa Carver has some very harsh things to say about Lavey in her book "A Post-Punk Memoir." Among the already exposed animal abuse claims she also writes that Lavey's son Stanton is the result of incest, and Stanton and his mate Szandora haven't taken too kindly to these allegations.

http://www.boingboing.net/2005/11/11/lisa-carver-vs-the-s.html

Edited by Morbid Rex (07/22/09 09:53 PM)

Satanism! The only scientifically proven religion.

#27383 - 07/22/09 10:29 PM Re: Lavey's Character Being Put Into Question Again [Re: Morbid Rex]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: Morbid Rex
However it appears that another person has come forth with disbaraging things to say of Lavey, this time in book format.

http://www.boingboing.net/2005/11/11/lisa-carver-vs-the-s.html

Lisa Carver vs. the Satanists
Posted by Mark Frauenfelder, November 11, 2005 1:34 PM

This is old news already. It doesn't even blip on my radar it is so unimportant. Just saying. Is this one line or three?

~T~

#27384 - 07/22/09 10:30 PM Re: Lavey's Character Being Put Into Question Again [Re: Morbid Rex]
Meq Offline
Banned

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Stanton the son of Anton LaVey's daughter Zeena Galatea Schreck (née LaVey) and thus actually Anton's grandson, as opposed to his son?
#27385 - 07/22/09 10:31 PM Re: Lavey's Character Being Put Into Question Agai [Re: Morbid Rex]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
While there are certainly many legitimate criticisms of LaVey (his treatment of Diane being the most obvious), it seems like the majority of his detractors resort to the most bizarre of allegations.

One person attempting to convince me that LaVey was a charlatan, for instance, claimed that he was once a vinegar salesman, and subsequently put subliminal messages into the Satanic Bible compelling readers to buy vinegar... and when I heard this, I was like "DUDE wtf, the Satanic Bible doesn't even have the word 'vinegar' in it".

Most of LaVey's boasting was obviously bullshit. I don't even think he initially intended anyone but the most gullible of sensationalists to believe a word of it, especially his claim of boning Monroe before she became famous... yet even scholars ended up parroting it as truth. I think that LaVey deliberately played up his life to make himself look like a charlatan; that is, he was a charlatan at being a charlatan. It had the double effect of attracting people enchanted by the whole carnival/burlesque air the CoS had, and while at the same time outraging those who tried to discredit LaVey. I can't help but admire LaVey's PR abilities; he played the media like a violin.

#27386 - 07/22/09 10:35 PM Re: Lavey's Character Being Put Into Question Again [Re: Meq]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Originally Posted By: Meq
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Stanton the son of Anton LaVey's daughter Zeena Galatea Schreck (née LaVey) and thus actually Anton's grandson, as opposed to his son?

The rumor was he was incestuous with his daughter. So while being correct you still missed the point. ;\)

I read this a few years ago more than likely when it was happening so this to me at least was an old rumor.

~T~

Edit: Sadly I cannot seem to find anything as a followup to the original article.

Edited by ta2zz (07/22/09 10:44 PM)
Edit Reason: Marked

#27388 - 07/22/09 10:47 PM Re: Lavey's Character Being Put Into Question Agai [Re: ta2zz]
Jake999 Offline

Give me a major fucking break.

Stanton LaVey is indeed Anton LaVey's grandson and NOT the result of an incestuous relationship between him and Zeena. I have been around a long, long time, and I can tell you that I knew them when. Zeena was sexually active at a young age an was impregnated by a kid from their neighborhood. She became pregnant, had Stanton. They were married and I attended the reception at the Clift Hotel at 495 Geary Street in San Francisco. Also in attendance were Dr. LaVey, Diane LaVey, about 50 friends and family members and Blanche Barton and Tari Harris, also Administrators at Church HQ at the time.

Nicholas Schreck came on the scene years later.

As for the longevity of this rumor... it was old even then. And people were just as ignorant and just as eager to lap it up then as they apparently are now.

#27394 - 07/22/09 11:35 PM Re: Lavey's Character Being Put Into Question Agai [Re: ta2zz]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
Concerning some of the more [in]famous rumors & yarns about Anton LaVey, see my ebook The Church of Satan here for as much as I know/feel appropriate to say about them.

Someone who dug much more deeply into the "family tensions" than I did is Burton Wolfe, a friend of Anton's from the earliest days of the Church who wrote the original Introduction to the Satanic Bible. In 1974 Burton also wrote the first biography of Anton, The Devil's Avenger, which is also discussed in my ebook.

This past year Burton did an extensive revision and update of TDA which he has retitled The Black Pope. I don't think it has been printpublished yet, but you can buy it for $12 in ebook format here.

Burton sent me its text some months ago and invited my comments, which I was pleased to provide. I agreed with him on some contents, took issue with others. Readers can look at our ebooks side-by-side and make up their own minds.

One of the topics that Burton addresses [which I do not] is the Stanton-parentage rumor, which he discusses in some detail, including the Carver book mentioned here. I'm not going to attempt to summarize or paraphrase Burton's comments or conclusions.

FYI I never discussed such matters with Zeena or Nikolas during our 1990-2002 reacquaintance, nor have I ever had any contact with Stanton.

It was amusing to read the Carver extract concerning Zeena's supposed dramatic-image-seriousness. I always found her to be a pleasant, unassuming, funloving girl. Somewhat to her exasperation, I nicknamed her "Tink" on the grounds that she reminded me of Walt Disney's Tinkerbell. [Nikolas, naturally, was "Hook".]

#27456 - 07/24/09 05:40 AM Re: Lavey's Character Being Put Into Question Again [Re: Morbid Rex]
Ringmaster Offline

Loc: Salem Oregon
After reading such drivel all I can really do is laugh. You know it's entertaining to hear such accusations pop up all the time.

Honestly, you don't think that Lavey being deemed the "black pope" won't invite negative attiention? Come the hell on. People will look for any and every reason to tarnish his credibility.

Personally I don't pay attiention to such stupidity that is floating about the internet being that it is the mans publications that are what is important.

#27468 - 07/24/09 11:29 PM Re: Lavey's Character Being Put Into Question Again [Re: Ringmaster]
bluj666 Offline
stranger

Loc: Tennessee,USA
I think Anton LeVay started the whole Satanic Philosphy originally as something he strongly beleived in, a philosophy that was less damaging and more empowering then conventional religions and philosophies. Then as he saw how people flocked to the idea, turned into that saleman he was and took the world for everything it was worth. Id say it was one of the greatest sales pitches in occult faith/philosophy being shadowed only by scientology.

And as bizzare and animated a character as LeVay was i dont see him engaging in a vast majority of those he was accused of. And i used to have somewhat regular conversations with Stanton LeVay a few years ago and having spoken to him and seeing no idications by image or intellect of him being a product of incest.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 22 queries. Zlib compression disabled.