Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#52455 - 04/08/11 03:20 AM Re: Heaviest Black Metal I Ever Heard [Re: Morbid Rex]
Liadan Offline
stranger

Loc: Netherlands
I listen to a lot of black metal as well. But I find it quite disappointing to see how many people in the 'scene' act with such sheepish behavior. I'm always kind of looked down at by those 'black metal chicks' who wear leather pants and bandshirts and bulletbelts when I just wear a nice dress and high heels. There always such a 'you have to be like this otherwise you're not true' and 'everything else but black metal is gay'-vibe, which really irritates me. I am interested in all kinds of music, for me it's really the atmosphere in music that counts. And concerning black metal, those first bands like Darkthrone, Mayhem, Burzum, Emperor etc were pretty amazing, but it's a pity that new black metal always try to copy them with their sound and the corpse paint and all.

Some bands I really like are Ulver, Deathspell Omega, Nehemäh, Drudkh and also more black metal-inspired bands like Wolves In The Throne Room, Solstafír, Primordial, Melechesh..

#52460 - 04/08/11 04:52 AM Re: Heaviest Black Metal I Ever Heard [Re: Liadan]
Hegesias Offline

Burzum is not black metal nor is Darkthrone because what black metal has become overground is something those projects do not want to be associated with. Burzum's new "Fallen" is a masterpiece for all to appreciate. We know they are really as they encapsulate the attitude and vibe so well. Varg, having done extreme Satanic acts against Christianised society whilst denying Satanism, he's more than that and that's why. Shame the pussies took the especially descriptive genre title though "black metal" it just isn't black without extremism is it.

I can't really list any bad bands except the ones dealing with themes like huge bands portray, what the fuck are they even about, it's certainly nothing positive or even remotely dark or intense, more like contemporary? Truly expressive black metal quickens dark metal activity, just like black ambient, dissonant classical music or even the sounds of nature, natural stimulation from the culmination of aggression, this is only positive and in no way is black metal negative or passive in any way. People like to associate violence, dark thoughts, with negativity, they can't feel the positive stimulation because they are meek and seek comfort in low stimulation entertainment. The worst bands are the ones who like to portray a complex mind at work with guitar wankery that has no memorable riffs. Even Portal has memorable riffs and they play the most free form music, it's all in the construction you see, if the sound is resonating with dissonance and creates atmosphere and resonance, you'll feel it and be immersed in recognition. You'll notice immediately when a song dies because of a solo or unnecessary showing off of skill that's not part of the mood at all.

I think we ought to make comparisons on here and list a load of charlatans and expose some of the more avant underground creations. If it's shiny and polished and has theatrical vocals then I'll listen just for a disgusting laugh. Turns out most of the shit out today is theatrical and portrays clinical guitar wizardry as something dark. I prefer stuff that has memorable riffs and uninhibited violent vocals male or female.

You can tell strait away when a band is created by pussies because you'll just be repulsed by the pretentiousness when the music speaks for itself. I like how people here are allocating skill levels in different music genre's. If you play tight and in time what's the problem. I'm sure these non musicians have no idea that black metal strumming is no something lazy. The chords may be held longer and the barrs elongated but this is because the varied strumming and different accentuation of "all" strings is what creates the pulsing texture.

A technical death metal style for instance is a totally different dark vibe because frantic and frenzied abstraction is used to create tension and Chaos forming a holistic pattern, black metal will use minimalism and focus on an abstractionless ebb and flow, rhythm, pulse, and dissonance in melody, deliberate and admittedly simple, there is only abstractionless resonance with the blackest emanations of the psyche. No matter how raw or unlistenable it is for those who don't feel it, this music is emotionally pure.

To people who think black metal is a pick up and play style, I'd like to hear there pathetic attempts to vocalise uninhibited emotionally pure violence, I bet we'll hear silly croaking sounds at best. To call the taming of an animal its "improvement" sounds like a joke to me. The tone deaf teacher of music will never know music but those with untrained with perfect pitch know music.

I can fight for the underground all day because fallacious accusations against black metals reputation is only that, black metal obscures itself by it's own false reputation. Here are some more excellent pieces with banshee vocals in gloriously shit youtube quality.

Death to contemporary feminism! What do I mean? Just listen and appreciate and by the albums.

Infernal Kingdom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXgSzLx78dg&feature=related

Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrQkiIrt50M&feature=related

TYMAH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtB0MwcXlAI&feature=related

#56018 - 06/18/11 05:01 PM Re: Heaviest Black Metal I Ever Heard [Re: Baron dHolbach]
Stab Offline
stranger

Better http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=2jCd-KTTR_I /win and eh hes not that bad sounds like a really bad screamer

#56381 - 06/30/11 05:15 PM Re: Heaviest Black Metal I Ever Heard [Re: Liadan]
Hegesias Offline

Three of my favourite

Paysage d' Hiver
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onbWoxLjD-Y

Darkspace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z11aYNEmygk&feature=fvst

Forgotten Woods
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRn7umLZY_g&feature=related

#79371 - 08/17/13 10:33 PM Re: Heaviest Black Metal I Ever Heard [Re: Hegesias]
Azrael999 Offline
Banned
pledge

Marduk-especially Rom.!!! Dark Funeral! Satyricon! Fav Black Metal Bands..

Edited by Azrael999 (08/17/13 10:35 PM)

#80641 - 09/30/13 02:52 AM Re: Heaviest Black Metal I Ever Heard [Re: Azrael999]
N2SYN Offline
stranger

Loc: Ohio,USA
 Originally Posted By: Azrael999
Marduk-especially Rom.!!! Dark Funeral! Satyricon! Fav Black Metal Bands..

Fantastic! You know I applaud that last will and testament as Satyricon, Dark funeral & Marduk are three of my favorites as well. The older bands I do so love. I thought we were a dying breed of sorts. Everyone always jumpin on the "New Black Metal" band wagon, and not enough appreciation for the elders. I am also quite fond of Nargaroth, Gorgoroth and one which isn't black metal and is considered "Grind Core" Is ANAL CUNT. But this whole bands being more kvlt than the last has to go, the majority of them are amazing in their own rite and should be revered as such by, as previously stated their talents, instrument proficiency and the like. All great bands named here though.

#101160 - 06/27/15 06:45 AM Re: Heaviest Black Metal I Ever Heard [Re: Morbid Rex]
Blood Cleric Offline
stranger

Loc: California
You might take gander at Hopeless another great DSBM project listen to 'share your pain' slightly more haunting than the one track I heard due to the other being taken off so I can't really compare to the second one but if you haven't already checked out Xasthur( a more popular one man BM band) listen to 'Prison of Mirrors'.

As far for my personal tastes, Dark Funeral(before the newwest vocalist), Dissection, and Belfegor(I know I know they are more Blackened Death) but... wow did someone mention Anal Cunt lol! That grind band brings back memories along side Sperm Swamp, and Insect Warfare. Ok i'm going way too into grind for a BM thread }:D

Edited by Blood Cleric (06/27/15 06:50 AM)

#111167 - 01/10/17 06:06 AM Re: Heaviest Black Metal I Ever Heard [Re: Blood Cleric]
Herzeleid Offline
stranger

Loc: Bosnia&Herzegovina
Dark Funeral - In My Dreams
Dark Funeral - My Funeral
Gorgoroth - Incipit Satan
Triumfall - Black Devotion Manifest
Xasthur - Prison of Mirrors
Burzum - Dunkelheit
Burzum - Jesus Tod
Satyricon - Hvite Krists Dod
Impaled Nazarene - Blood is Ticker than the Water
Gorgoroth - actually, 70 % of their discography written by Infernus

#111169 - 01/10/17 06:46 AM Re: Heaviest Black Metal I Ever Heard [Re: Herzeleid]
CanisMachina42 Offline
veteran member

Loc: Ca
Let's see...

Bloody Cum Rag - Demonic Thrill Kill
Raping Virgin Incest- Unholy Gore Fetish
Erotic Gore Cunt - Rotten Rectum
Mutilated Stillborn Fetus - The Dark Ecstacy

The funny/sad thing is one of those I didn't just make up...

11:56 PM July, 1st 2019
Wrote Signature

#111297 - 01/23/17 07:28 PM Re: Heaviest Black Metal I Ever Heard [Re: CanisMachina42]
edgy Offline
stranger

I'm not sure if the OP is being sarcastic or not, but I'm a fan.

While we're apparently making lists of our favorite black metal artists:

A.M.S.G.
Abigor
Acrimonious
Ævangelist
Aosoth
Arckanum
Ash Pool
Azaghal
Barshasketh
Black Funeral
Blood of Kingu
Chaos Invocation
Cult of Fire
Culdes de Ghoules
Evil
Forgotten Tomb
Gorgoroth
Hail Spirit Noir
I'm in a Coffin
Inquisition
Leviathan
LVTHN
Marduk
Mayhem
Necromantia
Nightbringer
Ofermod
Ondskapt
Seges Findere
Svartsyn
Tjsuder
Void Meditation Cult
Watain
Xaos Oblivion

Edited by edgy (01/23/17 07:28 PM)

#111298 - 01/23/17 08:35 PM Re: Heaviest Black Metal I Ever Heard [Re: edgy]
Coligula Offline
stranger

Loc: Shithole, Uruguay
BM has become in nothing more that a sound. I think I hear more to Varg than BM these days. Probably the excelence of Marduk is what BM should strive for, but I simply don't care.
#113928 - 08/14/17 09:44 AM Re: Heaviest Black Metal I Ever Heard [Re: Morbid Rex]
Joseph Curwen Offline
stranger

Loc: Bogota, Colombia
While I disagree a little with the title of the post (like other user), BM is one of my favorite genres, and you can find pure gems there, like this:

Batushka (Poland):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgfa5UlZAL8

Uada (USA):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVZ2X39mxgU

And of course, the classics:

Marduk (Sweden):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP897M7JuII

King Lear, Act I Scene 2

#113933 - 08/14/17 12:27 PM Re: Heaviest Black Metal I Ever Heard [Re: Morbid Rex]
apocatastasis Offline
stranger

Loc: Massachusetts
Imperial Triumphant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_LQTOCaNIE

Hatred on a cosmic level.

Edited by apocatastasis (08/14/17 12:27 PM)

#114411 - 09/20/17 01:04 PM Re: Heaviest Black Metal I Ever Heard [Re: apocatastasis]
Herzeleid Offline
stranger

Batushka is the one of the greatest bands that came from Poland.

P.S.

I'll leave you here something: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypDIla1rzy0

One of the best black metal songs that I've ever heard of.
Besides, the vocalist, Atterigner is a studio vocalist in Gorgoroth (check the Instinctus Bestialis).

By the way, has anyone of you attented the live Xasthur gig?

I know he is acoustic now, but I was wondering what happened with Malefic since the one man black metal band documentary..

#114412 - 09/20/17 01:13 PM Re: Heaviest Black Metal I Ever Heard [Re: 6Satan6Archist6]
Herzeleid Offline
stranger

I agree with all of this. As far as I know...or as it looks like that Tom always wrote the lyrics about murder and serial killers, King wrote songs about Satanism, anti religion stuff and Hanneman wrote lyrics about war. Seems like everyone wrote things in which they were interested in. Which is completely fine by me. They have created merciless band, great songs n lyrics, brutal live shows. I won't even say nothing about the impact they did when they released Show no Mercy and Reign in Blood. RiB for me, the best thrash metal album ever created. Huge impact for development for black metal.
Page 4 of 5 <12345>

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.066 seconds of which 0.046 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.