Page 5 of 5 <12345
Topic Options
#114535 - 09/29/17 10:20 AM Re: Heaviest Black Metal I Ever Heard [Re: Baron dHolbach]
Dark Light 444 Offline

Black Metal is an admittedly new fancy of mine. I'd long written it off as silly and high schoolish, because it mostly is. Some of the scariest, heaviest, most evil music isn't even metal. But I've come around some, because I eventually check out every genre that I'd written off, eventually.

I mean, as a kid, sure, I dug early Slayer, and Venom, Celtic Frost and Bathory were cool to look at, especially for a KISS/Motley Crue kid such as I was. Mercyful Fate was cool too. I'm steadily building the entire catalogs of those bands, all either on cd or vinyl....I don't download. Leave that to the bandits and thieves.

Black metal bands of interest to me so far include:
Darkthrone
Mayhem
Satyricon
Emperor
Behemoth
Belphegor
Dark Funeral
Gehenna
Beherit

Short list, but again, I'm new to the costume party.

#115141 - 11/09/17 06:16 AM Re: Heaviest Black Metal I Ever Heard [Re: Dark Light 444]
Herzeleid Offline
stranger

Loc: Bosnia&Herzegovina
Since you are the new to the costume party, gotta admit that you choose very good bands to start with the party. Welcome! \:D

If I may add to your costume party few more bands which you should check perhaps: Immortal, Gehenna, Impaled Nazarene, Xasthur, Behexen, Marduk, Watain.

#115142 - 11/09/17 06:43 AM Re: Heaviest Black Metal I Ever Heard [Re: Herzeleid]
Dark Light 444 Offline

Yeah I listed Gehenna. I do have some Watain and Immortal stuff.

Page 5 of 5 <12345

Moderator:  TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.014 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 16 queries. Zlib compression disabled.