Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#27813 - 08/02/09 03:34 PM Enochian Keys
Azathoth68 Offline
pledge

Loc: Denver, CO USA
I have found some interesting results working with Enochian Keys. I am posting to ask others if they have had such results, though I found mine looking through the work of John Dee (re Casaubon), and not necessarily those included in The Satanic Bible. LaVey included some of the Keys in his Satanic Bible, but I have not worked with his versions, which I find to be somewhat incomplete. Whether or not this vagueness was intentional on his part or as just a result of incomplete research is unknown to me.
I am concerned about possible pitfalls and dangers with the aforementioned workings.
Dee was onto something, and I do not want to be a casualty for lack of experience or common sense, so any advice would be helpful...

#27830 - 08/02/09 07:11 PM Re: Enochian Keys [Re: Azathoth68]
jesusbeater Offline
pledge

Loc: Ireland
Don't have time to get into it and undoubtably it would bore people to tears anyway, but I practiced Enochian magic heavily once upoin a time.I have tried various forms of magic over the years , some obviously yielding no results and others great success. However, Enochian magic has been the only form of magic that I practiced that truely had a very negative effect on my life and the people in it.Of course it may not have anything to do with the magic but my feeling at the time was that it was deefinately the root of my misfortunes and that something was playing with me.I never had any problems with goetian magic and have had only positive experiences. So my advice would be that if you are practicing it be extremely careful what you're doing, make sure that you follow the rituals to the letter and if you feel that its maybe having any bad effect, stop straight away and try and get some back up, from who or whatever you can. Dee and his mate suffered a great deal from playing around with the keys.
Just know your limits, I always compare magic to taking acid, if you're confident chances are you'll be fine, get a bit nervous and you're on a bad trip.

#27839 - 08/03/09 12:31 AM Re: Enochian Keys [Re: jesusbeater]
The Zebu Offline

Loc: Orlando, FL
I've never had any "bad trips" with magical workings; I honestly don't understand people who are so sensitive to that sort of thing that they start getting the jibbles every time they aren't doing everything to the letter, or attempting to evoke something unknown or reputedly dangerous (unless they deliberately intended to evoke this feeling).

The Enochian Keys are merely words; they have no effect other than that which is in your mind.

#27842 - 08/03/09 02:19 AM Re: Enochian Keys [Re: The Zebu]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
I have to agree with Zebu.

Words are words, they affect you if you let them.

On that note, if you are so mentally weak as to be afraid of any actions you take on a magic path, it's simple, DON'T DO IT.

I've worked with Enochian keys, and other stuff.
You go into stuff with an open mind and no fear.
If you can't do that, find another hobby.

As for results, well, any results are still up to you.

Morgan

#29393 - 09/08/09 08:11 PM Re: Enochian Keys [Re: Morgan]
FlowerPower81 Offline
stranger

Loc: VA
I have studied them for the sake of what was considered dark and I must agree it is still a form to be used for the weak minded as it is another form of dogma.

The vision, the imagination, the will power is all simple tools for the mind. It is this perspective that is what needs to be focused on.

If you "think" magic and such will help you get what you want and you see it and how it works or you use these dark possessions and think they bring you your desires ... well if you think so. Ha!

Personally I have found, they are to be used as tools, not to be used for focus. That much you should learn on your own.

#29395 - 09/08/09 10:27 PM Re: Enochian Keys [Re: FlowerPower81]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
I don't see Enochian Keys as a dark art, or a form of dogma.
I never said that.
Actually, I have seen more Xitian believers using it since it in theory came from angels.

Magic, rite, ritual, meditation, and psycho dramas are all tools.
You use them to focus the mind and bring about results of change within yourself to use in transforming your outside world.

You have to fix the inside, before you can affect the outside.

Morgan

#29397 - 09/09/09 12:57 AM Re: Enochian Keys [Re: Azathoth68]
Michael A.Aquino Offline
stalker

Loc: San Francisco, CA, USA
 Originally Posted By: "M.A.A., The Temple of Set"
... Six years later the Working of the Word of Set was finally completed - on April 13, 1981 (anniversary of John Dee’s initial Working).

In the Satanic Bible the Enochian Keys, even in their altered form, are still garbled and unintelligible. Hence Anton felt the need to venture an interpretation of each one preceding its text. These interpretations have no basis in previous documents, and indeed previous commentators - including Dee himself - had been unable to integrate the Keys into a coherent translation.

After completing the Working of the Word of Set, I found that the new translation needed no external interpretation - at least not for those to whom it was evidently addressed. Obviously it is idiomatic and not a word-for-word translation - as are all translations from original hieroglyphs.

In 1980, furthermore, I learned that the Casaubon account of the Dee Keys was not as error-free as I had previously supposed. My benefactor was an Initiate of the Temple of Set who kindly provided me with a complete microfilm of the original Dee diary Keys from the British Museum. Hence the “Enochian” text reproduced with the Word of Set is an exact copy of the original as John Dee penned it, including capitalization.

As I have noted above, this original does not lend itself to grammatically-based translation or to word-for-word correlation with Dee’s own English “translation”. [The most recent efforts to do so - in Donald Laycock’s Enochian Dictionary - resulted in an arbitrary subdividing of the Enochian text and the addition of a modern-English-based punctuation in order to “force” a correlation. The quality of the result is self-evident.]

An “Enochian purist” might question the translation provided by the Word of Set in that it is not the English version recorded by John Dee in his diaries. My answer is simply that I approached the Keys not as a historian seeking to reprint what Dee did, but as a magician seeking to operate the same “magical machinery” that Dee did - and to operate it with greater care and precision than he did.

Hence it is not a case of my “corrupting Dee”, but rather of my uncorrupting something which predated Dee’s own existence, and which was, after all, not of his [or Kelley’s] authorship. Were one to take the position that the Keys are a Dee/Kelley creation, then they would be fraudulent as a GBM Working - and merely an uncommonly-successful LBM stunt which has mystified and obsessed occultists these many centuries.

As it appears here, then, the Word of Set is an eighteenfold sequence of statements addressed to the original (“third ordering”) Initiates of the Temple of Set in ancient times. The 19th Part is not so much a statement as an operative invocation to be used for access to what Dee referred to as the “thirty aires or æthyrs”. Use of this invocation is best described in Crowley’s Liber LXXXIV vel Chanokh; see also The Vision and The Voice.

What exactly is an “æthyr”? Cabalistically these are “rings” or “spheres” [of consciousness] progressively closer to the universal godhead. Per Crowley, each æthyr also awakens certain kinds of dispositions and perceptions in a magician who focuses his attention towards it - and may also provide him with access to related magical tools and/or weapons. The æthyrs will stand further exploration, in light of the Initiatory advances of the Æon of Set, and should provide a rich opportunity for Setians to test their GBM sensitivity and skills.

The Word of Set translation of the Enochian Keys is included as Appendix #4 of my Temple of Set ebook-in-progress.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 20 queries. Zlib compression disabled.