Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#28304 - 08/11/09 06:23 PM Inequality among Satanists
coelentrate Offline

Loc: Dundee, Scotland
Sure, you either are a Satanist or you're not, but isn't there always inequality?

Do you think some people are better Satanists than others? Maybe one person is better at using their powers of manipulation to get what they want. Maybe a 30 year-old Satanist is much stronger, wiser, and more skillful than a 10 year-old Satanist. The older members here have given some knowledge that the younger members can use to improve themselves.

If someone can be a better Satanist than someone else, would that be the same as saying someone can be more Satanic than someone else?

Edited by coelentrate (08/11/09 06:27 PM)

#28305 - 08/11/09 06:31 PM Re: Inequality among Satanists [Re: coelentrate]
6Satan6Archist6 Offline
stalker

I think it is quite obvious that some people not only better understand, but also better apply the Satanic philosophy.

#28307 - 08/11/09 07:21 PM Re: Inequality among Satanists [Re: coelentrate]
Domonic Offline
stranger

Loc: Edgewood New Mex
Yes, better with age. Probable. These days kids are realizing at an early age as their surroundings suggest. The psyche capability of one is not to be underestimeted, not matter how the age. A good dabate topic. I neither agree nor diss-agree.

#28309 - 08/11/09 08:59 PM Re: Inequality among Satanists [Re: Domonic]
jesusbeater Offline
pledge

Loc: Ireland
A better Satanist? How would you measure such a thing and against what would you compare it? A CoS member may say that either Gilmore or LaVey are the ideal while other groups may say that either one is an idiot or nowhere near what their ideal of a Satanist is.
Any inequality that exists , I believe doesn't necessarily relate to quantifing how good a Satanist one is.I think it bolis down to intelligence , actions and how one interacts with others.Of course all these things make a good Satanist, in my opinion.
As long as one is happy with ones self and is always striving towards improving their own life in what ever way possible, I believe this is the makings of what I would see as a good Satanist.Of course the beauty of Satanism is that as its all about individuality, every one will have their own ideal and will look down their pointy , perfect satanic noses at every one else.
My ideal of Satanism is of course Skeletor....I Love him.

#28312 - 08/11/09 09:14 PM Re: Inequality among Satanists [Re: jesusbeater]
Domonic Offline
stranger

Loc: Edgewood New Mex
HAIL SKELETOR!!!
( sorry for the one liner, had to do it.)

#28313 - 08/11/09 09:26 PM Re: Inequality among Satanists [Re: Domonic]
jesusbeater Offline
pledge

Loc: Ireland
Yeah sorry about this too, don't mean to go off topic but can't resist it.

#28317 - 08/11/09 10:38 PM Re: Inequality among Satanists [Re: coelentrate]
ta2zz Offline
veteran member

Loc: Connecticut

Honestly this sounds like a question put forth by someone who has doubt from been told simply that they are not. Of course if this bothers you or shakes your cage very much then perhaps they were right.

Other than that… Some humans are better with numbers as some like myself work better with patterns. Some have interest in things that we may never have an answer for like how the universe works while others think such thinking a waste of time. The human animal has quite a few flavors many tasty ones as well as many that are just bad. So as long as life continues in the same steps, there will always be inequality amongst all living things.

Contrary to what our parents taught, we are not special only different. As different as any other living being. Nothing more nothing less. All the same because we are all so very different is true human equality.

Originally Posted By: coelentrate
If someone can be a better Satanist than someone else, would that be the same as saying someone can be more Satanic than someone else?

This only matters if you are saving Satan points in your coupon book to be redeemed at a later date. The little red rubber Satan suit is so expensive.

~T~

Hail Skeletor, 9-11 cartoons and one-liners? Get a grip people just don't hit submit.

#28328 - 08/12/09 04:13 AM Re: Inequality among Satanists [Re: ta2zz]
coelentrate Offline

Loc: Dundee, Scotland
I'm not talking about quantitative differences. Saying that something is more, is not saying that something is seven more. It could be done if someone really wanted to, but it wouldn't be useful.

I ask because I think I see Satanic traits in people that are otherwise not Satanists. I think there are christians who have got a little bit of Satan in them, more so than the other little christians around them. I also see differences between Satanists. I think one is sometimes better at it than another.

I was wondering what people thought of that. I was wondering what has been made of it before.

#28352 - 08/12/09 02:31 PM Re: Inequality among Satanists [Re: coelentrate]
Asmedious Moderator Offline

Loc: New York
Yes, I believe that some people are better Satanists then others.

I know, that there are definitely better Satanists then I am, because often times, I find myself falling short of what I believe a truly evolved, “Self Actualized” Satanist is.

Ultimately, the degree to how advanced a Satanist is, is left to each persons own discretion. We can only judge others, up to a point, using our standards of measurement.

For example, many of us can speculate by listening to people, or reading their posts, as to how far that person has advanced in the knowledge and ideas of Satanism. Some of that judgement is Subjective, where we use OUR standard of measurement, and some is objective, where we can weigh their ideas against other Satanists who have proven their value as Satanists, by their contributions to the Satanic community. But even that is Subjective to a point.

I am my own, harshest critic. I use (as best as I am able to) an objective view, when measuring my success, and I try hard to check my ego at the door.

I’m very comfortable, with my philosophical knowledge of Satanism. I know, believe in, and can apply most of the tenets.

What I have a problem with, is being able to reach the tangible, real life pillar of success, that I believe a Satanist, would have to have, in order to be “Self Actualized,” or in other words, truly Satanic.
Some of these tangible things, are financial independence, where one does not need to follow the rules of a boss or institution to make ones living. This means either being self employed, or wealthy from what ever source.
Being in a position in life, where the open expression of ones political, political incorrect, religous, or what ever ideals, cannot affect their quality of life, because of judgement by others.

Therefore, I would consider anyone who has attained the above, while also following the basic tenets of Satanism, a “Better Satanist,” then I.

#28374 - 08/12/09 07:06 PM Re: Inequality among Satanists [Re: Asmedious]
Nemesis Offline

Loc: US
Ah, but meeting a set goal is often times not the purpose, instead the journey there is what we benefit from the most. People that reach their goals of self-actualization oftentimes set their sights within easy reach. Instead, one should view one's life as a series of milemarkers, always moving forward, (with an occasional rest stop on the way), and each time a marker is reached, to start setting their sights on the next one. Then the next, and so on. To stay in one place too long and "just settle" is to become stagnant.

I am far from where and who I want to be, but when I pause to look back, I see how far I've come, and can appreciate what it took to bring me to where I am today. Personal reflection and evolution, lessons learned (often the hard way) and the like, have shaped me into my current state. Who knows what I'll be in 6 months, or 6 years? But I'm certainly not going to model myself after an ideal of who I THINK I should be, or even worse, who OTHERS think I should be, instead just prune and trim where I think I need it, and see what I end up as. As Popeye said, "I yam what I yam!"

I'm liking myself more and more as I age. ;\)

#28381 - 08/12/09 11:20 PM Re: Inequality among Satanists [Re: coelentrate]
fakepropht Moderator Offline
Big Slick

Loc: Texas
My wife would fit that bill. I think some of my traits have rubbed off on her more and more over the years.

When we first met and married, I was already on my path of Satanism. She was raised in a Latino family in which Catholicism played a large role. She is a devout Catholic. After we were married, we never attended a church service unless a wedding or funeral was involved. She doesn't take time out to pray (that I am aware of). Yet I have noticed traits associated with a Satanist. She won't pick up the Satanic Bible though. I guess it's still a little to hard for her totally break away from the shackles of her upbringing. She will shoot me a nasty look when I say something like Jesus Fucking Christ. However, I bet if she took the time to actually read through TSB, some of it would make sense.

She has attended events with my local Satanist group, and never had a bad word or spat with any of them. In fact, she actually likes them. She has no complaints with the imagery I have chosen to display in the house. She is aware that I had a Satanic Baptism performed on me several years back. She would probably kick some of our asses around on here were she to join. I think it has to with the stigma of the name itself. If we called it Fluffy Bunnyism, yet kept all the ideals in place, she would probably be on board.

#28405 - 08/13/09 04:26 AM Re: Inequality among Satanists [Re: coelentrate]
jthorum666 Offline
stranger

Loc: SATANtonio, TX
 Originally Posted By: coelentrate

I see Satanic traits in people that are otherwise not Satanists. I think there are christians who have got a little bit of Satan in them, more so than the other little christians around them.

I believe we are all Satanic from birth. Our human nature tell us to self-preserve from the time we exit the womb. It is through religious dogma, and societal standards, that we become creatures of conformity. Before religion, what did humans use as a guideline to life? Their instinct of survival. Human beings are beasts, the same as those who walk around us. The only difference being our consciece. And with this conscience come the ability to be corrupted. So yes, I can see how satanic traits can be seen in people not considerd to be Satanists. Being satanic does not necassarily mean you are a Satanist, either. It is through the physical application of Satanic priciple and practice, that one becomes a Satanist.
On the subject of there being "better" Satanists than others; naturally you are going to find people who are more well versed and studied in the priciples of Satanism. And these people,have a better means of applying Satanic practice to their daily lives. More so than someone who just read The Satanic Bible and a few things on Wikipedia, and claims to be a satanist, with no real application of the principles. Would I say "better" Satanist, not sure..I think more reliable is a good way to put it.

#28406 - 08/13/09 04:34 AM Re: Inequality among Satanists [Re: jthorum666]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
I believe Satanists are born not made.

If everyone was born the same then, one of my sisters would not be a flaming zelot born again christian, and the other would not be a token catholic. Both would be Satanists.

Various situations may make traits in a person come more to the front in situations of survival or just daily living. So that a person may not know of "Satanism" but have satanic traits.

Usually, the Satanists who claim to be born can tell the difference between those with a clue/black flame and those hopelessly wandering around in the dark.

There is no equality in Satanism. There are Satanists, and there is food, the herds of sheep.

Morgan

#28409 - 08/13/09 04:43 AM Re: Inequality among Satanists [Re: fakepropht]
jthorum666 Offline
stranger

Loc: SATANtonio, TX
 Originally Posted By: fakepropht
If we called it Fluffy Bunnyism, yet kept all the ideals in place, she would probably be on board.

With a name like that, how could you not be on board. My wife was of the Southern Baptist faith when I met her. Sheltered from any type of taboo, or rebel-rousing, I believe it was my blasphemy that drew her to me. I eventually got her to read Dr. LaVey's writings, and gradually she shifted to the "dark side". We are planning a Satanic wedding sometime next year, and raise our son in a Satanic fashion. Her family is suprisingly okay with it all, as we are both steadfast in our ways, and treat noone (that does not deserve it) with disrespect. We are Satanists, not demons.

#28963 - 08/27/09 09:48 PM Re: Inequality among Satanists [Re: jthorum666]
godam666 Offline
stranger

Loc: indiana
Perception and descrimination. The main thing's that are naturaly put into your thought process. perception, based on personality, morals/beliefs, mood and a hell of alot more things. (the most important part of your thought process)(ofcourse). Better could be worse to someone else, but that just depends on just where they stand. Let me remind you, you are a satanist (probally if your reading this). That means alot at nomatter where you sit or stand. We are different, we are the elite. We took the path not many have dared to walk before, we are a revolution.

Page 1 of 3 123>

Moderator:  SkaffenAmtiskaw, fakepropht, TV is God, Woland, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.001 seconds were spent on 28 queries. Zlib compression disabled.