Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#28315 - 08/11/09 10:31 PM I'm getting old..
jesusbeater Offline
pledge

Loc: Ireland
SO it seems to me that there's very little new decent shows over the last few years.One of my mates who seems to be more up to date with shit keeps recommending tv shows for me to watch, which he insists are really popular cause they're really good.Recent recommendations of his included the Mighty Boosh and Flight of the Conchords.Both show's I watched and even though I instantly disliked their "kookiness", gave a chance but still despised.Lost is another show that really pisses me off, with its pseudo philosophy and shoddy acting. Now, I'm not sure if I'm getting old and just not with the times but I fail to see how these shows have gained any popularity.I loved Seinfeld and still love Curb. BSG, the Wire,the Shield and Dexter I think were possibly some of the best shows of the last decade.Any other show I start to like gets cancelled.TV used to be a real release for me from work, where part of the job would be researching topics, so even though I love to read , its good to switch off the brain late at night and watch some funny stuff.
So does any one else feel the same or does any one have any recommendations that a man in his 30's might enjoy?

#28322 - 08/12/09 12:07 AM Re: I'm getting old.. [Re: jesusbeater]
Azathoth68 Offline
pledge

Loc: Denver, CO USA
If you liked Dexter, check out True Blood on HBO, it's pretty campy but entertaining. If you don't have HBO, you can get it pretty easy on bitTorrent from Mininova or The Pirate Bay (.org). Most network shows are crap nowadays, but give True Blood a try. Oh yeah, and Weeds on Showtime is good.

Edited by Azathoth68 (08/12/09 12:08 AM)

#28337 - 08/12/09 11:28 AM Re: I'm getting old.. [Re: Azathoth68]
jesusbeater Offline
pledge

Loc: Ireland
cheers for the rec. I saw the pilot of it alright and thought it was fairly good, but decided I'd wait for the season to finish before I downloaded the rest, as I have little patience in following weekly shows.I believe its into its 2nd season now, so will definately give it a try.

Page 1 of 1 1

Moderator:  TV is God, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Woland, fakepropht, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.019 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 16 queries. Zlib compression disabled.