Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#20365 - 02/14/09 12:17 PM Re: "Left Hand Path" [Re: ta2zz]
Zoid Offline

Loc: USA - New Jersey
 Originally Posted By: ta2zz

One can choose to avoid that which he doesn't understand or fears... One can instead overcome their fear and face it head on... One is the path of the strong, the other?

You're talking about the kind of fear that gets exaggerated in the mind, such as talking in front of a group, or going up in an airplane. I'm talking about fear of serious dangers such as going to jail, dying of cancer, or getting shot in the head. The first kind of fear is misguided and the Satanist overcomes it. The second kind of fear isn't at all misguided and the Satanist incorporates it into the framework of prudence.

#20385 - 02/14/09 03:57 PM Re: "Left Hand Path" [Re: Zoid]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
"such as talking in front of a group, or going up in an airplane"

Theses are kinda well founded. Some people are afraid of being laughed at, and try to avoid situations whereby they are uncomforable. As for planes, well, planes do crash.

"I'm talking about fear of serious dangers such as going to jail, dying of cancer, or getting shot in the head."

In regards to jail, if your dumb enough to get caught, maybe you deserve to go. You did an act, you take responsibility for it.
The only fear is not one of going, but of being gang raped..

Dying of Cancer is an unreasonable fear. You can die at anytime getting hit by a bus. The fear of dying of cancer is ridiculus and misguided.

Getting shot in the head.
2 ways to go...
innocent or not
innocent -- wrong place, wrong time.
not innocent -- well, it might be well deserved.
and as for getting shot in the head, the fear shouldn't be dying, it should be living with the damage that one bullet could do.

Those 3 things are unfounded and pointless to think about. Its not a matter of prudence, its a matter of pointless worry.

If you can't control what happens and you have no affect on it, why worry?

That worry you speak about is tied into needless fear.

Most Satanists are too busy living to have time to worry about needless fears.

Morgan

#20442 - 02/15/09 08:56 AM Re: "Left Hand Path" [Re: Morgan]
Zoid Offline

Originally Posted By: Morgan
"such as talking in front of a group, or going up in an airplane"

Theses are kinda well founded. Some people are afraid of being laughed at, and try to avoid situations whereby they are uncomforable.

If Satanist X has a goal and the means to achieve it, with the only downside being the need to speak in public and the fear thereof, then I would admire Satanist X far more for overcoming the fear than for succumbing to it.

As for planes, well, planes do crash.

Far less often, statistically, than automobiles. Here again, if Satanist X has a goal and the means to achieve it, with the only downside being the need to fly in an airplane and the fear thereof, then I would admire Satanist X far more for overcoming the fear than for succumbing to it.

In regards to jail, if your dumb enough to get caught, maybe you deserve to go.

Agreed.

You did an act, you take responsibility for it.
The only fear is not one of going, but of being gang raped..

Agreed. This thought process led me to decide against criminality as a career path. There is only one reason I don't engage in any kind of criminality, and that is fear of jail. If I didn't fear jail, I would engage in criminality, since the ratio of economic gain to labor hours expended is more favorable than for honest work.

Dying of Cancer is an unreasonable fear. You can die at anytime getting hit by a bus. The fear of dying of cancer is ridiculus and misguided.

Do you affirm, then, the wisdom of smoking cigarettes if one enjoys doing so? I would smoke cigarettes if I didn't fear cancer - and also emphysema.

Getting shot in the head.
2 ways to go...
innocent or not
innocent -- wrong place, wrong time.

And pointless to concern oneself about, unless bullets are flying right here, right now. I believe you agree.

not innocent -- well, it might be well deserved.

It interests me how often this question of whether something is deserved of not gets brought up. I personally don't care at all what I deserve or don't deserve. I care only about what I want, and getting it - and what I fear, and avoiding it.

and as for getting shot in the head, the fear shouldn't be dying...

Do you deny the validity of the instinct for self-preservation?

...it should be living with the damage that one bullet could do.

Such damage would certainly be something to fear.

Let me clarify that in my opinion no fear is valid unless there is a realistic possibility of encountering the danger here and now or as the practical result of what one is doing here and now. I'm not talking about working oneself into a frenzy about phantasms.

I decided against embarking on a path of violent activity for money, such as becoming a mercenary or participating in organized crime, because I fear getting shot or maybe tortured.

If prudence, cunning, realism, and practicality had all pointed me in the direction of serious illegality, I would have gone in that direction, but the opposite was the case. I'm not talking about waking up terrified to step outside onto the street because maybe someone will shoot me because, hell, it happens to be Friday the 13th. I'm talking about career planning.

#20468 - 02/15/09 03:47 PM Re: "Left Hand Path" [Re: Zoid]
Morgan Offline
Princess of Hell
stalker

Loc: New York City
Overcoming a fear is better than letting it ruin your life.

3 planes crashes in about a month, has to make you think about it.

Ahh, the smoking issue. Well, my greatgrandfather smoked and lived to 93. Of the marx's brothers (someone brought up in a differnt post), the smoker lived the longest. I smoke when I feel like it. I pick it up and put it down. I think when a Satanist allows something to become a habit/crutch/need then its a weakness. Besides, you can be all ass healthy and just something mutates thus you have it, a bunch of cells out of control working their hardest to kill you.

"It interests me how often this question of whether something is deserved of not gets brought up. I personally don't care at all what I deserve or don't deserve. I care only about what I want, and getting it - and what I fear, and avoiding it."

I'll explain it in a different way, then you might understand me better. If your a dumbass and do something stupid, you deserve what you get. You made a choice and you are responsible for the results.

As for self-preservation, if you are aware of the given situation you are in, you should know what to do to survive it.
If you dont know, then maybe the gene pool is better off without you.

"I'm talking about career planning"
Fuck, thats simple. Find your Passion, what you love, what you are good at, and DO THAT!!!

Fear has no place in career planning. Hell, I'm even considering joining the military at this point to do something more.

If anything, Fear your future regret.

Morgan

#20486 - 02/15/09 06:05 PM Re: "Left Hand Path" [Re: Morgan]
Zoid Offline

Fuck, thats simple. Find your Passion, what you love, what you are good at, and DO THAT!!!

Fear has no place in career planning. Hell, I'm even considering joining the military at this point to do something more.

If anything, Fear your future regret.

There's much in what you say above, and I am giving it some thought. Unfortunately, the only money-making activity I have ever done, which I both loved and was good at, was theft. \:\)

If only I could find a way to make a living at posting on message boards! \:\)

Meanwhile, I go on earning my $100K doing something I'm good at and which puts me to sleep. Yet I continue to try to solve the Rubik's Cube of career planning. Your words above are echoing loudly across my mental landscape.

Page 4 of 4 <1234

Moderator:  Woland, TV is God, fakepropht, SkaffenAmtiskaw, Asmedious, Fist 
Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds of which 0.002 seconds were spent on 18 queries. Zlib compression disabled.